ADVERTISEMENT

This and that.....

It's like this, that and this and uh.....

Yo Dre creep to the mic like a phantom!

So we have a guy who is obviously throwing out thinly veiled comments about meeting up so he can use violence to prove he isn't just a keyboard warrior, which making threats is against board rules, and he isn't banned? I have him blocked and should have resisted the temptation to see what nonsense everyone was replying to but didn't. Shame on me for that I guess. 🤣
I asked him to lunch, how is that threatening violence? Seriously, that’s all I said. I never said anything about violence, but nice try. WTF?
Having a conversation in person is a lot easier than explaining things through text, it's that simple.

Reactions: BBUK
So we have a guy who is obviously throwing out thinly veiled comments about meeting up so he can use violence to prove he isn't just a keyboard warrior, which making threats is against board rules, and he isn't banned? I have him blocked and should have resisted the temptation to see what nonsense everyone was replying to but didn't. Shame on me for that I guess. 🤣
i should follow your lead and put him on ignore
no doubt he is one of the worst 2 or 3 posters on this board

Didn't know it would happen this quickly, but of course glad it did. I have no doubt that NCAA clearance will happen and that Z will be visible come Madness. There are other things to think about.....

1. Z has amazing skills for a guy his size, but he is raw in some aspects. He can make poor decisions at times, force things, and will have two fouls on him before he steps foot on the court.

2. I stand corrected in that his brother is being courted by other schools but no decision has been made. Memphis is one of those schools.

3. Am thinking Z will only be a role player for the first few games. Maybe five minutes. Random basketball will help find some time for him. On offense I expect him to camp out at the three line but on defense be in the paint.

4. Don't expect him to be the next overseas sensation. He is not there yet but could grow into it in time.

5. To those who think UK wasn't watching this roller coaster ride from all angles, including the NCAA involvement, nothing could be farther from the truth. He'll get cleared it is just a formality according to Pilgrim and others.

6. Bradshaw has not been cleared to practice yet. He'll be evaluated in the next few days before he goes at it hard. He is shooting around without the boot but that's about it for now.

7. So will Z help? Absolutely. Give him time and don't shake your head when he flubs up, because he will. Give him time.

8. I meet with a source at 3pm today but I don't think there will be much to add. We'll see.

Didn't know it would happen this quickly, but of course glad it did. I have no doubt that NCAA clearance will happen and that Z will be visible come Madness. There are other things to think about.....

1. Z has amazing skills for a guy his size, but he is raw in some aspects. He can make poor decisions at times, force things, and will have two fouls on him before he steps foot on the court.

2. I stand corrected in that his brother is being courted by other schools but no decision has been made. Memphis is one of those schools.

3. Am thinking Z will only be a role player for the first few games. Maybe five minutes. Random basketball will help find some time for him. On offense I expect him to camp out at the three line but on defense be in the paint.

4. Don't expect him to be the next overseas sensation. He is not there yet but could grow into it in time.

5. To those who think UK wasn't watching this roller coaster ride from all angles, including the NCAA involvement, nothing could be farther from the truth. He'll get cleared it is just a formality according to Pilgrim and others.

6. Bradshaw has not been cleared to practice yet. He'll be evaluated in the next few days before he goes at it hard. He is shooting around without the boot but that's about it for now.

7. So will Z help? Absolutely. Give him time and don't shake your head when he flubs up, because he will. Give him time.

8. I meet with a source at 3pm today but I don't think there will be much to add. We'll see.
Just don't tell Jeff. He is highly offended by someone having some inside information about Kentucky sports and sharing it on this board.

Reactions: ORCAT
Just don't tell Jeff. He is highly offended by someone having some inside information about Kentucky sports and sharing it on this board.
Dave seems like a good guy to me and clearly stated in his old post that it was something he had read elsewhere. I don't ever remember him stating it as insider special information as some state once again here. Today Dave has been proven correct about what he posted yesterday. Good enough for me. Why some feel the need to rip on him is beyond me. I just see him as a fellow Cats fan who passes on what he hears.

I thought he was offering to buy him lunch.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueCephus
According to the Pilgrim/Smith podcast things are moving along in a positive way regarding Z. What everyone wants to know is.... Is he enrolled yet. That is not going to be released until all the obstacles are overcome.

I have been following the near future of Z's twin Tomasek. Apparently he is having similar hurdles to overcome as no US school is hyping him as a soon to happen player.

Good to hear favorable reports out of practice regarding Dillingham and Burks. Rob is being coached to cut down on the dribbling and focusing on finding teamates as well as working on his shooting and conditioning. Also Burks getting some notice that his game is coming together nicely. I think he can help in situations. Remember, he was high scorer in the Overtime Elite league.

Back to BigZ. I can tell you, from someone inside the program coming to me in a roundabout way that the current UK players have talked with Z and are showing him love. Some of the distraction that continues to pop up is that other schools are pestering him as well as his own SW Derby team showing him a contract to continue with them. I'm told Z still wants UK more than any other option. There is still time to get this done and no one involved is sitting on their hands. I was losing my optimism for a bit but I still think it will get done. I am meeting with the go-between tomorrow so may have something additionally.
Thanks DK

I hope you cleared all your opinions with Jeff before posting this !!! You may have an #ss whipping coming !

• Haha
Reactions: ORCAT and kl40504
I'll do wtf I want to do and calling out a guy that is pretending to be an insider, trolls the board, then disappears, is something I have a right to fo. Got it?
Funny when the man "disappears" and has had tons of medical issues you call him out. lol You go on acting like an internet bully. It will catch up to you one day. Just does not make any sense. If some of us like DK and you do not simply stay away. Again I read your response to the other poster and no need to come at me cussing and such. If my post bothers you that much we can meet up like men and have a face to face discussion. You see most people when talking in person do not act like (telephone tough guy) or (Internet tough guy).

According to the Pilgrim/Smith podcast things are moving along in a positive way regarding Z. What everyone wants to know is.... Is he enrolled yet. That is not going to be released until all the obstacles are overcome.

I have been following the near future of Z's twin Tomasek. Apparently he is having similar hurdles to overcome as no US school is hyping him as a soon to happen player.

Good to hear favorable reports out of practice regarding Dillingham and Burks. Rob is being coached to cut down on the dribbling and focusing on finding teamates as well as working on his shooting and conditioning. Also Burks getting some notice that his game is coming together nicely. I think he can help in situations. Remember, he was high scorer in the Overtime Elite league.

Back to BigZ. I can tell you, from someone inside the program coming to me in a roundabout way that the current UK players have talked with Z and are showing him love. Some of the distraction that continues to pop up is that other schools are pestering him as well as his own SW Derby team showing him a contract to continue with them. I'm told Z still wants UK more than any other option. There is still time to get this done and no one involved is sitting on their hands. I was losing my optimism for a bit but I still think it will get done. I am meeting with the go-between tomorrow so may have something additionally.
Heard Tomasek is going to come to Ky as a walk on.

I thought he was offering to buy him lunch.

How would it go? "Nice to meet you, you F*$@ing message board troll. STF down and eat this undercooked food I ordered for you and like it!!"

Or would it be like "Great to meet you sir. I have a test I want you to take to prove you aren't trolling the UK basketball board as this is serious business.. The test is about 20 questions and you'll have 1 hour to complete it".

[laughing]

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1 and kl40504
Kudos to Dave and his optimism.

Zvon wears his war wound like a crown
He calls his child Jesus
Cause he likes the name
And he sends him to the finest school in town

Who is tomasek?

ab67616d0000b2735fa53b5e96f464dd6cac8afe

????

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
You misspelled fake, made up information.
Grandpa

Funny when the man "disappears" and has had tons of medical issues you call him out. lol You go on acting like an internet bully. It will catch up to you one day. Just does not make any sense. If some of us like DK and you do not simply stay away. Again I read your response to the other poster and no need to come at me cussing and such. If my post bothers you that much we can meet up like men and have a face to face discussion. You see most people when talking in person do not act like (telephone tough guy) or (Internet tough guy).
Tell me where to be.
Yeah, Dave may have had medical issues, but the subject was never about that, so I don't know why that matters. It doesn't give him a free pass to troll the board.
Sorry my opinions bother you so much.

Thanks DK keep posting love the info. Our staff thought we had Terrence Jones until he committed to UW. Thank goodness he came back to the cats. You never truly know what a kid will do until it happens. Keep posting you make way more sense than the folks hating on you!!

Had a chat session with a fellow that hails from Northeastern Kentucky and who's nephew lives in the Craft Center. That's a source that has recently come my way. I asked about Onyenso and he is still wearing the boot at practices but doesn't have to at other places. He plays ping pong with Ugo every night and there is no boot. Like Bradshaw, waiting
for medical to give the all clear.

Reactions: ORCAT
Tell me where to be.
Yeah, Dave may have had medical issues, but the subject was never about that, so I don't know why that matters. It doesn't give him a free pass to troll the board.
Sorry my opinions bother you so much.
No i am not bothered. My point is when we had actual contact with one another (before internet) most of the time we were more understanding of each other. Had more compassion and so forth. I would love to meet you. We can whenever you would like. DK is a nice guy and has his insight (take it or leave it). I have seen this kind of stuff for many years now (since internet has started and we have had message boards). Maggard is just one name but I try to find ways to see what makes people tick. I do not need to find ways to break it apart more. Just different approach.

Reactions: kyjeff1
No i am not bothered. My point is when we had actual contact with one another (before internet) most of the time we were more understanding of each other. Had more compassion and so forth. I would love to meet you. We can whenever you would like. DK is a nice guy and has his insight (take it or leave it). I have seen this kind of stuff for many years now (since internet has started and we have had message boards). Maggard is just one name but I try to find ways to see what makes people tick. I do not need to find ways to break it apart more. Just different approach.
Yup, I agree, face to face contact is a much better way to have these conversations.

Dave might be a nice guy, but so are a lot of others on here that get ripped for a lot less. Matt Jones gets ripped even when he's right.

I said my peace about Dave and I'll leave it be now.

The NCAA still clears player? That's hilarious. It's like asking Jack to do the fire code inspections on the island from Lord of the Flies.

• Haha
Reactions: BrickandMortar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT