ADVERTISEMENT

"They are Going to Continue Being a Powerhouse Because That's Who They are"

LmdCat

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
The above title is a post Cal departure quote from DJ Dybantsa. If the #1 recruit feels this way about Kentucky, I am sure others feel the same way. It appears Cal's recruiting success at Kentucky was as much or about the university as it was about Cal. GBB!!!!!!

Of course, the kid had no choice but to lie when he could have elected to say nothing. I guess you think Boozer is lying too when he asked for the new coaching staff to contact him. I see you and your sub 300 posts! Lol
lol what is the kid supposed to say? He was asked a question. Saying nothing would look awful too.

What does sub 300 posts have to do with anything? Clearly hit a nerve

When posters are unable to attack the argument, they resort to attacking the poster with fallacies by means of their post count or account creation date.

Everything you said was accurate, some just have a hard time accepting the truth in 2024.
You certainly have no bias for someone with an extremely low post count. Lol

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
The above title is a post Cal departure quote from DJ Dybantsa. If the #1 recruit feels this way about Kentucky, I am sure others feel the same way. It appears Cal's recruiting success at Kentucky was as much or about the university as it was about Cal. GBB!!!!!!
Cal had #1 classes at Memphis. He is a good recruiter no matter how much people hated him.

Reactions: azurricat2010
So weird that despite having accomplished so little the past several years somehow Cal has kept his reputation of "I will get you quickly to the NBA" for high school recruits. Meanwhile, they don't think about the players that were misses (Hello Wagner), or that most of these recruits would have been one and done even if they had gone to UL. So enjoy a lack of coaching, a disappointing season, risking being promised significant playing time and then recruited over, watching a teammate get all types of favoritism while you are pulled after one mistake, a coach telling you and fans he doesn't care about your own conference tournament, and a quick ending minimal exposure in the NCAA tournament.

Seeing these reactions is a great example of the connection between the heart and the head. Humans typically see what they want to see to make them happy. Could the kid mean what he’s saying? Maybe. Could he just be speaking politely? Maybe. We don’t know him. But if you have learned nothing by now, it’s to take everything with a grain of salt regarding recruiting

You know nothing about the kid or his family, but it doesn't stop you from basically calling him a liar.

His option was to say nothing if he didn't really mean what he said. Maybe you should try it!!
I did not call him a liar, it’s just the correct answer to give to that type of question. Just wouldn’t read into it too much.

If he said no comment, or simply did not answer as you suggested, it would have looked quite rude.

Of course UK will get top players—just not at the level Cal did. Not because UK is tarnished but because coaches subsequent to Cal will actually build a roster versus simply trying to accumulate the highest volume of top rated freshmen year after year. Pope will recruit one and done type players but is not interested in starting from scratch every year.

Trolls trying to take over
You certainly have no bias for someone with an extremely low post count. Lol
lol dude you’re obsessed with my post count. I’ve been a member here since 2016. I graduated from UK in 2012. My account is still linked to my UK email, which I no longer have access to and can only login on my phone, hence not posting much.

Do you want me to send a screenshot of my diploma FFS. Sheesh. Lighten up. You all are a sensitive lot.

Cal had #1 classes at Memphis. He is a good recruiter no matter how much people hated him.
He wasn't disliked because of an inability to recruit. He was disliked because of his inability to coach his recruits, his disdain for homegrown talent, and his disdain for the fans. Just in case you need reminding, UK was a powerhouse before Cal and it will continue being one long after his departure.

Many new posters have showed up since Cal's departure. It probably isn't a conspiracy but makes for great speculation. There isn't much to do in Arkansas so you find entertainment where you can. Just sayin'

What’s good to eat around Burkesville these days? Didn’t Jones Restaurant close? Will be in the area in the next few weeks.

Whether this quote was meant or it was just a polite comment doesn’t really matter. The perception of it does
Most people will take it at face value and it’s a compliment to our program and history.
I agree with @LmdCat that he could have just not said anything at all. I’m cynical in a lot of ways but I’d like to believe he meant it

Of course UK will get top players—just not at the level Cal did. Not because UK is tarnished but because coaches subsequent to Cal will actually build a roster versus simply trying to accumulate the highest volume of top rated freshmen year after year. Pope will recruit one and done type players but is not interested in starting from scratch every year.
Every team not coached by Cal is focusing on winning which means they don't recruit a bunch of players based on number of stars. They actually recruit based on team needs.

lol dude you’re obsessed with my post count. I’ve been a member here since 2016. I graduated from UK in 2012. My account is still linked to my UK email, which I no longer have access to and can only login on my phone, hence not posting much.

Do you want me to send a screenshot of my diploma FFS. Sheesh. Lighten up. You all are a sensitive lot.
The only obsession that has been revealed is the one you have for Cal. Why not go join him?

You know nothing about the kid or his family, but it doesn't stop you from basically calling him a liar.

His option was to say nothing if he didn't really mean what he said. Maybe you should try it!!

Yes because so many recruits say "no comment" when asked about the greatest program of all time.

Lol c'mon.

For me, you spell Cats any other way, you are a disrespectful troll. Yep, jmo but I stand by it.

Cayts, Kats, etc... Only Cal can be spelled with a K.

Any other username spelling of Cats is no fan of Kentucky.

The only obsession that has been revealed is the one you have for Cal. Why not go join him?
You used a post count to try to defend your position - think that shows the “strength of it”.

To the Cal lover point, also not sure where that came from. However, I do love Cal, just like I love Mark Pope.

Yes, I think Kentucky will continue to be a premier program and not because some 16 year old politely answered a question about us. People are so damn insecure here they’re using this throwaway comment to say “look look we are fine!”

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Why, he feed the NBA dream to these Black Kids. The ones that made it would have in spite of Cal. or were they went to school. Cal lost sight of the normal fan who cares nothing about the NBA and that was his downfall. Read matt jones story and its easy to see why we lost to Oakland.

If you really want to go over the talent he had pre UK and then was able get here, i don't think you will have a great argument. It will basically be Camby, Rose, Evans Dejuan Wagner vs the 47 he sent at Kentucky which includes guys like Wall, AD, Cousins, Towns, Booker, SGA, Murray, Fox, Herro, Bam etc....

You used a post count to try to defend your position - think that shows the “strength of it”.

To the Cal lover point, also not sure where that came from. However, I do love Cal, just like I love Mark Pope.

Yes, I think Kentucky will continue to be a premier program and not because some 16 year old politely answered a question about us. People are so damn insecure here they’re using this throwaway comment to say “look look we are fine!”
You obviously can't read. I used a recruit's words. My post doesn't require a defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT