ADVERTISEMENT

"The worse week of the worst month of the year"

Oct 19, 2022

It sounds like a lot of new names will enter the portal in the next week. A terrible time of year for coaches with a roster already in place, but a great time for a team with only 3 players! No to mention for us fans... I don't envy the coaches having to sort through all this mess.

I suspect in 5 years when some of the NIL rules are better established and the transfer situation gets cleaned up a bit, we'll look back at this period as one of the strangest in the history of college sports.

I don’t know why people are freaking out. This has been an amazing offseason. We’re going to have a lot of basketball to talk about for months to come. I wish we had a Bahamas trip… would be the perfect cap on the summer.

Also a lot of guys who just want to re-up their deals with more $ so they enter the portal with 0 intention of leaving but stress the staff.

IMO--they should start the Portal after the National Championship game and give these guy 3 weeks to enter as most of those players seasons are over and they know what they want to do.

Also a lot of guys who just want to re-up their deals with more $ so they enter the portal with 0 intention of leaving but stress the staff.

IMO--they should start the Portal after the National Championship game and give these guy 3 weeks to enter as most of those players seasons are over and they know what they want to do.
Yep, I agree 3 weeks should be it to enter and players should have until No later than 2nd week of May to find a team.
No more all summer long crap.
It allows coaches to set rosters and get ready for the upcoming season.

I don’t know why people are freaking out. This has been an amazing offseason. We’re going to have a lot of basketball to talk about for months to come. I wish we had a Bahamas trip… would be the perfect cap on the summer.
Posters were freaking out last year at this time and complaining how Arkansas was so loaded and we were basically bare. As disappointing as our season was, Arkansas fared worse. Freaking out is what we do on RR.

It sounds like a lot of new names will enter the portal in the next week. A terrible time of year for coaches with a roster already in place, but a great time for a team with only 3 players! No to mention for us fans... I don't envy the coaches having to sort through all this mess.

I suspect in 5 years when some of the NIL rules are better established and the transfer situation gets cleaned up a bit, we'll look back at this period as one of the strangest in the history of college sports.

They should call May 1st - Clinko De Mayo

Yep, I agree 3 weeks should be it to enter and players should have until No later than 2nd week of May to find a team.
No more all summer long crap.
It allows coaches to set rosters and get ready for the upcoming season.
I think pushing the transfer portal window back towards late in the tournament or after it ends is likely to happen. Hopefully they keep the closing deadline the same. I don't see how they could require players to pick a school by the 2nd week of May however. As long as a school can accept someone academically it should be fair game to accept them athletically.

I think pushing the transfer portal window back towards late in the tournament or after it ends is likely to happen. Hopefully they keep the closing deadline the same. I don't see how they could require players to pick a school by the 2nd week of May however. As long as a school can accept someone academically it should be fair game to accept them athletically.
Fair or not, an academic scholarship and an athletic scholarship are 2 totally different things.
The players wanted NIL, they got it. They get paid and all is well. They can free agent themselves at will BUT there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Let them transfer but they should have a short window in which to decide where they are going.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT