ADVERTISEMENT

The Walking Dead spinoff

NociHTTP

Senior
Mar 8, 2023
I really did not think I would enjoy this, but I sure do! Just binge-watched the first three episodes of TWD: The Ones Who Live and it's really good. Because I was so sad to hear that the original series was ending, I didn't end up watching the rest of Season 11.

Any other TWD fans here?

Reactions: parrott
I have just started watching the spinoff and I'm only 1 episode in so far. The one with Maggie and Negan was okay and I couldn't really get into the one with Darryl. I'm hoping this one is better than them both. I am still of the opinion that bad Negan is the best Negan.

I stuck with TWD original series through to the bitter end. It was OK. Fear the Walking Dead started off great then got really uninteresting and meandered all over the place. Haven't watched any of the other stuff. Just not really interested in the franchise at all anymore.

Reactions: hmt5000
I stuck with TWD original series through to the bitter end. It was OK. Fear the Walking Dead started off great then got really uninteresting and meandered all over the place. Haven't watched any of the other stuff. Just not really interested in the franchise at all anymore.
I really wanted the original series to end with Rick waking up in the hospital to realize he had been in a coma from the accident in the first episode and had dreamed it all. 🤷‍♂️🤣

I love it. Better than the Daryl show and much better than Dead City.

Episode 3 was a little slow, but the first two couldn’t have been much better. I wish there were more than 3 episodes left.

I pretty much quit watching WD at around season 4 or 5 when they clearly just started milking everything. It would take an entire half season to cross a street.
I kind of casually watched on and off for a while. Last thing I remember watching was them messing around in a dump w trash people.

I watched the Maggie and Negan one and the Daryl one. I'll probably wait until the season is over to watch this one. I also had to finish the last couple of seasons of Fear the Walking Dead. My biggest disappointment was that they teased a smart zombie in The Walking Dead right before the series ended and didn't explore that. Looked like a more highly evolved zombie subset. Maybe in one of the new series they'll do something with that.

Possible spoiler below.

I'm not counting the modified ones the French made in the Daryl show. That doesn't explain the ones in TWD unless they were already in the US experimenting on them. I assumed they somehow were evolving over here.

Reactions: NociHTTP
The first season of TWD was awesome. It went downhill pretty much every year after that. I liked the realism of a far fetched scenario in that first season. Then it just got crazy... when the tiger got killed by the walkers I couldn't stop laffing at how ridiculous that was.

I'll give this shot if I hear enough good reviews but FTWD started out good and fell off a cliff real hard.

Reactions: KyCatFan
The first season of TWD was awesome. It went downhill pretty much every year after that. I liked the realism of a far fetched scenario in that first season. Then it just got crazy... when the tiger got killed by the walkers I couldn't stop laffing at how ridiculous that was.

I'll give this shot if I hear enough good reviews but FTWD started out good and fell off a cliff real hard.
The problem with The Walking Dead is that it was the same exact storyline over and over. Get a group and find a place to live. Get attacked by another group. Defeat other group. Leave and go find another place to live. Get attacked by another group. Defeat other group. Rinse and repeat.

Early on it was about man and how he had to coexist with zombies. After a few seasons, zombies were an afterthought for the most part. Even when there was a huge horde, they rarely posed much of a threat to the main group. I wanted to see more zombies and it be more of a survival horror show and less of an apocalyptic soap opera.

Fear started off well, and turned into possibly the worst show on tv. The whole nuclear bomb and nuclear wasteland was so unbelievably ridiculous it was like a spoof.

I kind of casually watched on and off for a while. Last thing I remember watching was them messing around in a dump w trash people.
And that chick is BACK as part of an elite fortress. She's a great actor, and IMO easy on the eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT