ADVERTISEMENT

The Ukraine war. (Yes, we'll mind our manners)

You're a Democrat, correct? Voted for Biden, correct?

The above quotes are from your ilk, not mine.

I'm anti Military industrial complex, and the uniparty of warmongering greedy assholes.

How about you?
I'm not a democrat, nor did I vote for Biden. Imagine being this ate up with politics. Actual mouth breather.

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
You're a Democrat, correct? Voted for Biden, correct?

The above quotes are from your ilk, not mine.

I'm anti Military industrial complex, and the uniparty of warmongering greedy assholes.

How about you?
Stop lying. You were 100% the first guy to say ''we need to invade Iraq'' after 9/11. You're not against the MIC. You're just against whatever the ''dems'' are for. You're a mouth breather.

Ps, I'm a registered Democrat, have been my whole voting life. Don't really agree with them currently, at all.

Yes, a war caused by appeasement. And your ilk wants to continue the appeasement. The historical ignorance is amazing, but not surprising.

And this is a straw man argument too, exploitive of minimal understanding. This war has no comparison whatsoever to WW2, nor Hitler to Putin, but even if it had, the cause of this war has zero to do with appeasement and neither is the effect similar. Hitler's war machine was actually capable of conquering the world; he was hell bent on his mission for which no amount of deterrence - something that Europe was clearly incapable at the time, not simply unwillingly dragging their heals - would have made a substantive difference.

This war could've and should've been prevented through competent diplomacy, deterrence through strength, not 'appeasement.' Peace should be achieved similarly

Reactions: thebluestripes
You aren't any less susceptible to be ate up with politics by holding the above the fray "both sides are just as bad" noncommittal position.

Our politics is obviously completely dysfunctional and moronic... actually understanding why this war is being fought should have nothing to do with it.

"WE" will never see a dime. Blackrock and friends and family of politicians are going to make bank though. Jim Biden is well known builder for the US military and State Dept. He had zero experience but had a brother who was VP...
---
I can't wait till the US crosses the 1 trillion dollar mark for defense spending. After that let's just go to 2 or 3 trillion, after all, you can't give the democrats & rinos enough of a kickback!

Reactions: hmt5000
---
I can't wait till the US crosses the 1 trillion dollar mark for defense spending. After that let's just go to 2 or 3 trillion, after all, you can't give the democrats & rinos enough of a kickback!

I wonder what would happen if we just made the salary for a Congressman $2 million+ per year. Would have to be cheaper for the country than funneling it through Ukraine to defense contractors then back to politicians.

• Love
Reactions: hmt5000 and vhcat70
Hearing conflicting reports but it seems that Rus has started a large offensive in the north. I've heard anywhere from 50k troops to 160k. If it's 50k then it's not the big offensive some are saying. Probably just fixing and shaping attacks. If it's 160k then shits about to get wild because Ukr doesn't have the manpower to reinforce the areas they are losing ground in currently, let alone having to reinforce the Kharkiv area.

Fog of war probably means we need a day or 2 to see what is really going on but Rus has made huge gains, in context, the last month.

Hearing conflicting reports but it seems that Rus has started a large offensive in the north. I've heard anywhere from 50k troops to 160k. If it's 50k then it's not the big offensive some are saying. Probably just fixing and shaping attacks. If it's 160k then shits about to get wild because Ukr doesn't have the manpower to reinforce the areas they are losing ground in currently, let alone having to reinforce the Kharkiv area.

Fog of war probably means we need a day or 2 to see what is really going on but Rus has made huge gains, in context, the last month.

I'd say military leaders know for sure what it is. With drones, satellites, etc fog of war is no more.

Now getting an accurate, unbiased reporting of what's actually taking place - ain't happening.

I'd say military leaders know for sure what it is. With drones, satellites, etc fog of war is no more.

Now getting an accurate, unbiased reporting of what's actually taking place - ain't happening.
I'd disagree with what we've seen so far. LOL. Seeing a satellite image tells a lot but it doesn't tell us if this is just a probing attack or the start of a broader all front offensive. Some people think its just creating a buffer zone for Belgorod to keep it from getting attacked so easily. Some think it's to pull troops from the south to defend Kharkiv and then Russia will attempt to cross the Dnipro in the south again... It's going to take a few days to see what they are actually doing.

I've heard pro UKr sources say both and I've heard pro Rus sources say both. 700 mile front with multiple lines of attack... You can't watch everything at the same time.

I'd disagree with what we've seen so far. LOL. Seeing a satellite image tells a lot but it doesn't tell us if this is just a probing attack or the start of a broader all front offensive. Some people think its just creating a buffer zone for Belgorod to keep it from getting attacked so easily. Some think it's to pull troops from the south to defend Kharkiv and then Russia will attempt to cross the Dnipro in the south again... It's going to take a few days to see what they are actually doing.

I've heard pro UKr sources say both and I've heard pro Rus sources say both. 700 mile front with multiple lines of attack... You can't watch everything at the same time.

I was talking about actual images and info available to military and assets.

Satellite images that make it to public view are not reliable imo.

I was talking about actual images and info available to military and assets.

Satellite images that make it to public view are not reliable imo.
Yea but the images don't tell intent and then you have the fact that last week Rus was able to move large amounts of troops over 12 miles without being fired at... In a war where wins are measured in yards it was wild that they had 2 huge moves in a couple of days of each other and then this offensive moved at least 50,000 troops across the border and took 10 towns without any counter strike at all.

Either we told them it was going to happen, and they ignored it or maybe the rumors of guys refusing to fight is worse than people are saying or maybe Rus is using enough faints that they can't keep up with all the different spots of fire.

Either way... This doesn't look good for Ukr going into summer. They aren't even talking about an offensive this year. All the talk they had of "being in Crimea" ended with the loss of thousands of men and tanks. Like I said... its just wild that 3 times the last week huge numbers of Rus troops have moved miles without any strikes on them.

Rus took 2 more villages near Khakiv. It appears that Ukr didn't prepare anything between the border and their main defense line. No mines and no pre planned artillery zones... no obstructions on roads or bridges... It appears Rus just drove straight to the main defense line basically unopposed.

Weird.

Rus took 2 more villages near Khakiv. It appears that Ukr didn't prepare anything between the border and their main defense line. No mines and no pre planned artillery zones... no obstructions on roads or bridges... It appears Rus just drove straight to the main defense line basically unopposed. Weird.
Russia is poised to possibly make a breakthrough. Would have been nice if somebody had made a settlement before Russia was capable of this, and began rebuilding the Ukrainian military.

But no. It was Crimea or bust.

What a shitshow.

This analyst was one of the guys saying Rus was using shovels because they didn't have rifles and that Ukr would be in Crimea by Aug of last year.... So when this type of guy admits its bad for Ukr... you know its bad.

This analyst was one of the guys saying Rus was using shovels because they didn't have rifles and that Ukr would be in Crimea by Aug of last year.... So when this type of guy admits its bad for Ukr... you know its bad.
---
That's the type of arrogant POS that's been prodding the west into endless wars for the last 40 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: hmt5000
Russia is poised to possibly make a breakthrough. Would have been nice if somebody had made a settlement before Russia was capable of this, and began rebuilding the Ukrainian military.

But no. It was Crimea or bust.

What a shitshow.

If Russia takes Ukraine, what a failure for NATO, assuming a negotiated resolution was possible.

For those who like history, here is what I recall. Russia amassed a formidable army on the border of Ukraine and we all knew it intended to invade. We enjoyed the Olympics as Russia sat there poised for attack. Our president implied Russia could invade a little bit, but not take all of Ukraine. It appeared that little more happened and certainly no great NATO diplomats stepped forward in an attempt to avoid a war. And, as everyone predicted, war happened. But, the amazing thing is that our government and NATO all thought it would be quick with Russia sacking Ukraine.

Only when that did not happen, did this become the most important war for us to support and politicians pretended that we should “send bullets and not our boys.” Listening to the revisions of history from both sides of the aisle is frustrating. Our “leaders” thought this would be over by now, with Russia winning. If that was their belief, why didn’t we negotiate to stop it?

Could it be that this is a war we did not expect to last this long, but like?

I think they always knew, understood full well that Putin was never going to attempt to conquer all of Ukraine as a stepping stone to European domination.

It was always a red herring. You set those expectations beforehand to justify the "spending" and lives lost needlessly. I even posted in that other thread a clip of Blinken, then under Barry's cabinet, saying that if Russia wanted to take part of Ukraine, there was nothing we could do to stop them. We would fund Ukraine, but it would in the end be futile. I don't see how anyone who was actually paying attention beforehand, understood various fundamental historic realities about the region like the division between western and eastern ukr, that Kiev was/is the cradle of russian civilization, that Russia needed access to their blakc sea military base etc, would'v e though differently and been susceptible to the narrative.

My take is that this strategy is not a strategy at all…just another result of absentee and weak leadership. Just like Covid, and the resultant insane spending. Just like the insanity of the George Floyd riots. Or the Iraq war before that.

Nobody willing to say “We’re wrong and we need a new strategy.” Inertia takes over because nobody has the courage to say it.

Reactions: Spica Orbit
Sounding like the northern attack was just a probing operation but the defenses were so weak and sparse that they just kept taking towns. Absolute joke we are keeping this going.

As if the inevitable wasn't always inevitable. Russia is going to do what they want over there. We can accept it, support resistance, or inflame the globe. I'm betting the braniacs leading our show are regretting the second option, because it doesn't work and leaves only the other two.

Yep. The worse things go on the front the more targets Ukr hits behind the lines. France has 2000 troops going to Romania and planning on entering Odessa. It's like they think Russia will never do anything to strike back.
Maybe to take Transnistria from Russia and keep Moldova with Romania? Just guessing.

Maybe to take Transnistria from Russia and keep Moldova with Romania? Just guessing.
With 2000 troops? More likely they are trying to start a war with Russia to drag the rest of NATO into it because Macron likes to play at being Churchill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT