ADVERTISEMENT

The Twin Towers

robo222

Senior
Nov 21, 2008
Kirwin-Blanding Complex
Site of the new on-campus basketball facility...
Better get yer haggle hat on Mr. Mayor

Where did ya see this at? Or are you only guessing?

Not sure how it would work with the Seaton Center, tennis center and swimming complex directly across the street for that location. Not sure if those complexes are in need of major upgrades anyway so it might not be an issue at all.

Great way to help raise money is to require anyone who has either puked or had intercourse in either tower, to donate $1 for puking and $1 for intercourse. If you lived there and did neither, you donate $5 because your an asshole.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
There is no link... Just an idea I'm floating on this internet thing... I kind'a like the idea myself...

Thank god I didn't have have to live in the tower. Good ol' K1 on the 2nd floor with the freshman football players. They let our floor get away with anything, fun times.

it's an awfully tight squeeze around the twin tower area right now...don't know that an arena could be done in that spot...

All the sports and complexes seem to be moving towards the CWS and Alumni Drive area...new softball and soccer complex is out there...plans for baseball to be moved out there...new football facilities...

if I had to guess, that would be it...makes sense...plenty of room, could utilize stadium parking and the parking garages near by...once they get Alumni Drive reconstructed, traffic flow may be better than down town...

Last edited:
it's an awfully tight squeeze around the twin tower area right now...don't know that an arena could be done in that spot...

All the sports and complexes seem to be moving towards the CWS and Alumni Drive area...new softball a soccer complex is out there...plans for baseball to be moved out there...new football facilities...

if I had to guess, that would be it...makes sense...plenty of room, could utilize stadium parking and the parking garages near by...once they get Alumni Drive reconstructed, traffic flow may be better than down town...
You might be right... I only know that last season I made my way to the Red Lot ( a new route for me), saw the towers and a lot of potential space... One thing for certain... Movement on Rupp is emminient... It's fish or cut bait time... If it's "cut", then I'm of the opinion that Pres Eli moves toward an on-campus arena... I don't think Eli plays when it comes to money... City of Lexington might crap the bed if they think they can strong arm Capilouto... I think that guy is all about the bottom line.

I'm on campus four days a week and the towers are coming down next summer. If you have not been on campus for awhile and have not seen this campus being rebuilt I can see how you would make such a claim.

New dorms similar to the new one's all over campus will be built there. The 90 has been totally transformed (the six pack is gone). Fences going up around the student center as it will be demolished and rebuilt. When that is done most of Avenue of Champions (Euclid Ave from Rose to Lime for you youngsters) will have been transformed.

It's amazing how fast all the campus construction has happened along with the new hospital all while our football stadium and facilities are being upgraded. A testament to the vision of those who are looking to the future from the University, UK Hospital and UK Athletics.

In ten more years the graduates from the 1990's and back will not recognize the place.

You might be right... I only know that last season I made my way to the Red Lot ( a new route for me), saw the towers and a lot of potential space... One thing for certain... Movement on Rupp is emminient... It's fish or cut bait time... If it's "cut", then I'm of the opinion that Pres Eli moves toward an on-campus arena... I don't think Eli plays when it comes to money... City of Lexington might crap the bed if they think they can strong arm Capilouto... I think that guy is all about the bottom line.
It seems, based on what I understand from talking to people that work there, they are actually subcontracting out to private enterprise a lot of services: student living/dorms, food service, various maintenance. This will let them put more money into the academic side while putting the labor intensive services on others but expecting quality service.

The company building the new dorms are putting up quality, long lasting buildings. Capilouto is all about the students and making sure their living quarters are modern and that they have new, modern classrooms, labs, learning centers, whatever they need to receive the best education. The university and campus will be rebuilt first before an on campus arena is ever built (if ever).

:pimp:
Great way to help raise money is to require anyone who has either puked or had intercourse in either tower, to donate $1 for puking and $1 for intercourse. If you lived there and did neither, you donate $5 because your an asshole.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They may name the towers after me for being the biggest donor. :pimp:

In ten more years the graduates from the 1990's and back will not recognize the place.

I drove through the campus last summer and most of it was completely different from when I attended. I couldn't drive on some of the streets that I used to travel on as a student.

I've worked on another campus for the past 20+ years, and it has had a lot of building/construction during that time as well. Its interesting to see how these things change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT