ADVERTISEMENT

The Sheppards

MDav1588

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2020
When thinking about whether or not Reed comes back, my mind went to this question. I wonder if anyone on here knows what the Sheppard’s financial situation is? My line of thinking is Reed had the same dream that most us did as a kid, playing for UK. Now while he had a (unexpectedly) great freshman season, there’s no way it ended like he thought it ever would.

So, I do wonder if he wants to run it back and at least get out of the first weekend, and probably beyond, to fulfill that dream of leading UK to a FF like his dad did. But, if his family needs money, the promise of a life-changing NBA lottery pick contract might would be more appealing than fulfilling the dreams he had as a younger kid. If, it meant getting his family to a much more secure place financially. But, if the Sheppard’s are doing ok, he might be more apt to stick it out at UK, regardless of a draft projection to fulfill that kid’s dream.

Jeff only had a cup of coffee in the league, but I have no clue what he does for work now, nor have I ever seen mentioned what his mom does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News