ADVERTISEMENT

The REAL downside to NIL….

NewAlbanyAdam

Silver Member
Apr 10, 2024
I honestly hadn’t thought of this until last night… But I think there is an actual downside that isn’t related to a stain on the game or the new generation that old-school fans might not necessarily like…

I think there might really be a correlation to giving an 18-year-old $1 million and then telling him to go compete his heart out for national championship. We saw many underwhelming McDonald’s all American Calipari classes. Now there’s talk of those people getting twice as much money if they just follow him to Arkansas and this is all over.

At what point do extremely overpaid freshman become a detriment in trying to win national championship? I assume a lot of programs that attract one and done talent… May face this so this is not Kentucky or Arkansas specific. And I’m not against one year players, but you have to imagine that when a highschooler suddenly has $1 million in his bank account. There is a chance he doesn’t give a shit about how his college team does.

This isn’t revelatory and others have probably had this thought before I just think with the ever changing landscape and what we seen lately with older teams winning championships there may be some correlation with freshman future NBA dreamers not necessarily caring as much about winning as was previously expected….

That’s all to say that maybe more role players and 3-4 years guys have more advantage than just the obvious.

Idk im not rambling

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News