ADVERTISEMENT

The Dirt: Netflix Film

I liked it because that was my era and I saw them on the Girls, Girls, Girls tour when they were a shitshow, but the movie itself was somewhat thrown together and not very well produced. Still really enjoyed it, but it ain't winning any awards. Guilty pleasure....

My first favorite band with the "Shout at the Devil" album. Saw them 3 times - last time on the farewell tour. Best live show I've seen. Or at least my favorite.

The movie was fantastic, but it wasn't art by any stretch of the imagination. Still - I'll probably watch it 5 more times.

My first favorite band with the "Shout at the Devil" album. Saw them 3 times - last time on the farewell tour. Best live show I've seen. Or at least my favorite.

The movie was fantastic, but it wasn't art by any stretch of the imagination. Still - I'll probably watch it 5 more times.
Agreed, its not the best biopic ever but it was loads of fun. My wife dislikes heavy metal in general and after the movie was over she was excited to watch it a second time.

Pretty good movie but the book is much better. It only touches on what F'ed up childhoods everyone but Tommy had.

I thought the portrayals were overall pretty good, especially Machine Gun Kelly's. He was spot on Tommy Lee. I was not sold on the guy playing Mick Mars...but I don't know how anyone could.do better.

My first time seeing the Crue was on Theatre of Pain and I was hooked for a lifetime. I actually got to meet Tommy Lee backstage after a Carnival of Sins show. The guy could not have been more nice.

I wish Netflix would follow The Dirt up with The End. The concert movie was well done and more people should see it. Maybe this will be the push to get the Crue into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They sure as hell deserve it.

I am glad I was lucky enough to grow up in that era. It was so much simpler....and fun.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Movie not great. Loved it because i was a 80's kid. Went to see every 80's glam band there was. Motley Crue, Poison, Ratt, too many to name. Loved seeing the concert promotion posters Dokken / Motley Crue and a few other bands during the movie. Definitely took me back to my wild teenage, young adult age. Too Fast For Love EP and i was hooked.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
I'll watch the movie but that whole genre of music sucked IMO. Never liked any kind of metal but that's just me. They probably put on a fun concert though. Just not my scene. Who can turn down a movie about sex, drugs and rock n roll, though?

I'll watch the movie but that whole genre of music sucked IMO. Never liked any kind of metal but that's just me. They probably put on a fun concert though. Just not my scene. Who can turn down a movie about sex, drugs and rock n roll, though?
I love heavy metal but they were a wild bunch so you'll appreciate the portrayal even if you don't like the music.

I loved it simply because I loved the Crüe as a teenager. The timeline being off on a few things kinda irked me but I guess that's just part of condensing it down into a movie.

Reactions: Lempface
I loved it simply because I loved the Crüe as a teenager. The timeline being off on a few things kinda irked me but I guess that's just part of condensing it down into a movie.
They also missed a huge opportunity to play Kickstart My Heart when Nikki was revived. But for sure a couple of the timeline changes were confusing.

Reactions: 420grover
I grew up on the Crue, and was very excited when they announced this flick. The movie won't win any awards but I enjoyed it just the same. Nikki Sixx was a gigantic asshole. Mick Mars is very underrated as a guitarist. He wrote some really tasty riffs.

Reactions: catlanta33
For those that have read the book...wasn't there also a story about a girl, a phone, and an orifice?

I have read all three books (The Dirt, Tommyland, and The Heroin Diaries), so maybe it was told somewhere else.

what was the scene with Diamond Dave about?

In the book, they hated Roth and thought that he was a washed up sell out who was trying to get in on their good times. This was in his post Van Halen days. They wanted him thrown out of one of their after show parties. I guess they didn't want to embarrass Dave in the movie.

I watched it today..crazy, crazy..There were a few VH references..none seemed to be negative though.

When nikki overdosed they kind of left out how that really went down. He was actually with Slash and Steven Adler. Slash's gf is the one that gave him mouth to mouth to keep him alive

But overall pretty good

Reactions: DSmith21
When nikki overdosed they kind of left out how that really went down. He was actually with Slash and Steven Adler. Slash's gf is the one that gave him mouth to mouth to keep him alive

But overall pretty good

Seems like I remember hearing he shot up Whiskey as well. Figured that would make the movie.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Those guys are lucky to be alive. Saw the Girls Girls Girls tour and that was about my end of following them. Movie was fun

Motley Crue was my first favorite band. I was 9 years old when I first heard Dr. Feelgood and saw the video on TBS Night Tracks and I was hooked. One of those things you can't really explain I guess, but it was life changing for a 9 year old.

As for the movie, I thought it was excellent, especially considering the budget they had to work with. The actors all had the mannerisms down pretty good as well. Yeah there were a few mistakes with things and the timeline with the Skylar stuff threw me off for a minute, but it was nothing major and something average fans/general public won't even notice.

It was a lot like their concerts, a two hour escape where you don't have to think and can just have fun. It also reminded me of why I wanted to be a rock star when I grew up.

Watched it last night. Very entertaining. I liked it.

That said, a lot of the acting was just not good. Pete Davidson and the guy who plays Vince Neil in particular were awful.

Still well worth a watch.

Watched it last night. Very entertaining. I liked it.

That said, a lot of the acting was just not good. Pete Davidson and the guy who plays Vince Neil in particular were awful.

Still well worth a watch.
Machine Gun Kelly and guy that played Sixx were very good. Didn't mind Neil or Mick's actor, Neil guy wasn't great but not awful, I hate Ramsay Bolton so it affected my opinion of Mick's guy. Love Pete on SNL but yikes that character was bad.

Machine Gun Kelly and guy that played Sixx were very good. Didn't mind Neil or Mick's actor, Neil guy wasn't great but not awful, I hate Ramsay Bolton so it affected my opinion of Mick's guy. Love Pete on SNL but yikes that character was bad.

I thought Mick/Ramsey was pretty good. He really captured Mars' weirdness.

Either way, you aren't watching a movie like that for Oscar-worthy performances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT