ADVERTISEMENT

The biggest fear with this team

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
It’s obvious Kentucky has one of the top offenses in the country, even with their lackluster defense they are still beating teams by 20+. The thing I fear is them getting cold in a very big game and then having to rely on the defense to make plays. The defense could improve between now and March, and hopefully it does because there will come a game where defense will need to win it for them.

Reactions: UkMccurdy
To state the very obvious…the biggest fear I have with this team is their head coach. There will be games, as you say, where we have cold shooting nights and a win or a loss will be dependent on one of the two head coaches on the sidelines calling and strategizing the correct plays for the correct players in the last two minutes to win those games. I’m not in any way confident UK will have the advantage in those scenarios

The biggest fear is getting busted with girls in your room
It’s obvious Kentucky has one of the top offenses in the country, even with their lackluster defense they are still beating teams by 20+. The thing I fear is them getting cold in a very big game and then having to rely on the defense to make plays. The defense could improve between now and March, and hopefully it does because there will come a game where defense will need to win it for them.
Cal is implementing one of his secret zones he is known for over the years.

We have too many weapons to be completely shut down. If we lose, it's going to be because we were outdogged by a team that grabs 20 offensive rebounds and simultaneously makes 10 to 15 threes.

For example, let's say UK has a game where Edwards goes for 6, Sheppard goes for 10, and Dillingham goes for 10. That would be lackluster by their respective standards. Do you imagine any universe where Bradshaw, Reeves, Wagner, Thiero, and Mitchell all play horrible as well? I don't.

We have 7 or 8 guys who can give you 10 to 20 points on any given night. There's not another team in the country that can say that.

My biggest fear is that a couple of our nutbag jinxed so called troll crying like babies fans voodoo hexes rubs off on our great special team. They got this!

Go Cats!

My fear is Florida, keeping on one game, will see their chance Sat to move into the rankings if they beat Ky and play out of their heads. They have a team that is quite capable of it.

Reactions: blubo
Ugh the defense again.

I'd like to see us find out our starting 5 and the guys we need in crunch time. I think we all agree that Sheppard is one.. but is DJ or Wagner along side of them? Is it Bradshaw in the paint? Do we need a guy like Adou in there at all times like an MKG? Do we need experience with Tre and Reeves? I don't know if we really have these answers yet.

I want to see us figure out our main lineup. Still seems like we are sort of throwing everyone out there at a somewhat even split.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Ugh the defense again.

I'd like to see us find out our starting 5 and the guys we need in crunch time. I think we all agree that Sheppard is one.. but is DJ or Wagner along side of them? Is it Bradshaw in the paint? Do we need a guy like Adou in there at all times like an MKG? Do we need experience with Tre and Reeves? I don't know if we really have these answers yet.

I want to see us figure out our main lineup. Still seems like we are sort of throwing everyone out there at a somewhat even split.

Unfortunately this isn’t Cal’s style. The only times he’s ever had a “main lineup” was out of necessity (read: lack of depth) as in 2012. Any time he has had deep teams he has struggled with lineups, inevitably going with inefficient combinations way too often. As always with Cal, I hope very much to be proven wrong this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT