ADVERTISEMENT

The best beat in rap history

It'saDoneDeal

Junior
Jul 24, 2007
After years of sampling and thoughtful self-reflection, as a white male who grew up in eastern Kentucky, I feel confident in saying that I am now an authoritative voice on what the best beat in rap history is.

I submit for your consideration...

If I'm wrong I'll watch a full WNBA game.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
Are we talking about which rap songs sounded the best.. or which producers helped make rap song what they were..

It's Kanye, Pharrell (neptunes), DJ Premier with J dilla as a sleeper.

For the best rap beats that isn't specifically those artists albums.. The Clipse and ASAP Rocky.

Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
Are we talking about which rap songs sounded the best.. or which producers helped make rap song what they were..

For the best rap beats that isn't specifically those artists albums.. The Clipse and ASAP Rocky.

Nah, it's gotta be from the 90s.

Nobody says the rock from the 50s reigns supreme.. they say rock from the 60s and 70s is the peak..

Same with Rap in my eyes. I appreciate what the late 70s and 80s did.. but its the 90s and into the 2010s where Rap peaked.

Reactions: bigdaddy741

Of newer Kanye, this song slaps:

Of course, nothing tops classic Ye, just hits different:

• Love
Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Of newer Kanye, this song slaps:

Of course, nothing tops classic Ye, just hits different:

The Life Of Pablo? Classic. Was the sound track to a ski trip we had in.. 2017? And those first two Kanye albums defined my late HS and early college.

And his production outside of his albums? Fantastic. Dude is crazy. I dont care.

Also.. You're not a Paddock poster unless you recall Mashburn and BBDK having relentless pissing matches over rap tracks. Man, those rap threads cracked me up..

Mid to late 90s, sure. Anything before 93ish I can't bear to listen it.

Overall I agree that 93 is when it got really good. That was my freshman year of college.

Prior to that I think Ice Cube's Dear Certificate album is freakin' awesome.

All of Public Enemy' best was prior to 93.

Most of the 80s rap is pretty cheesy and didn't age well. I still like Jam on It" though.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Impossible, I’d have to think on it real hard. International Players Anthem would definitely be on the list, as would What’s my Name.

Sleeper Dre track for me is Mobb Deep’s Outta Control Remix. GD that shit bangs.

Right NOW tho, nobody is messing with Harry Fraud, period.

That guy can do *every* coast, city, and individual artist’s style unlike anyone else.

-Shout out to Larry June 🍊 😍

Last edited:
Everyone on this thread :

tenor.gif

This thread has some wildly great contributions. As far as beats go, I always loved Timbaland and Magoo.

These are just off the top of my head and not really in all time contention, but I'd just rock these on headphones instrumental style.

I always loved Usher - Confessions pt. II was the best "beat" song. Just soo catchy (not rap tho)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT