ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you BBN

Thank you to all those that showed up today. I wish I could have been there but I want to you to know you are appreciated. Lets go!
The parking situation was really, really bad. If you don't know the area well (I don't), it's not fun. Just know that how you feel watching it on stream surely echoes the spirit of BBN that was there today. I've never seen anything like it. Hubby and I are going out tomorrow to buy UK merchandise :) Last week I threw away my last UK shirt because I was sick of the Calipari situation. That man killed UK basketball for many.

Great crowd! Loved the energy - let’s have that for every home game next year!
I have not been to a game in many, many years. Admittedly I love the "broadcast" view you get on television, but after today I realize there is nothing that can be put on a television screen or in a video game that can mimic actual crowd vibes getting into it. I told hubby that I will probably want to got to a cupcake game to see how things go.

The parking situation was really, really bad. If you don't know the area well (I don't), it's not fun. Just know that how you feel watching it on stream surely echoes the spirit of BBN that was there today. I've never seen anything like it. Hubby and I are going out tomorrow to buy UK merchandise :) Last week I threw away my last UK shirt because I was sick of the Calipari situation. That man killed UK basketball for many.
I need to do some shopping myself lol

My wife threw away all her UK clothes and the flags out front… Now she’s ready to replace everything! LOL

The place was insane man, I got to go with my mom (which is who got me into UK at birth) and my daughter, me and my mom were both just tearing up seeing the 96 UK team, seeing one of our own as the new head coach, it was just so damn overwhelming and amazing.

People just don't understand unless you bleed this program like a LOT of our fans do.

The place was insane man, I got to go with my mom (which is who got me into UK at birth) and my daughter, me and my mom were both just tearing up seeing the 96 UK team, seeing one of our own as the new head coach, it was just so damn overwhelming and amazing.

People just don't understand unless you bleed this program like a LOT of our fans do.
Same here. Me, my wife and 2 kids were there. Me and my son were just looking at each other like ‘This is UK basketball’ It was incredible in Rupp Arena today

We ended up parking about a mile away on the street. When we finally saw the line, I was sure we weren’t getting in. We got lucky and ended up with decent seats too. Wild day….

The parking was tough, but remember 30,000 people showed up! That’s about 7000 more than regular capacity, which I think is around 23,000… which is bigger than most NBA arenas.

I happen to know my spots since I live a mile away. It was certainly busier than any game this past year. The closest thing I can equate it to was the most recent final four.

Reactions: catzcan
I was there! It was an amazing experience. The only one that compares to it was the awards ceremony for the 92 Unforgettables. My wife, who isn't even into sports but does these things for me, was cheering and clapping. I've been trying to get her into UK for 12 years and I think this press conference did the trick. Lol

We didn’t have a hard time with parking, but I’ve been to rupp 100 times. It was pretty chaotic around the arena for a newbie lol

Reactions: NociHTTP
The parking was tough, but remember 30,000 people showed up! That’s about 7000 more than regular capacity, which I think is around 23,000… which is bigger than most NBA arenas.

I happen to know my spots since I live a mile away. It was certainly busier than any game this past year. The closest thing I can equate it to was the most recent final four.
The sad part is that most of those fans that were collectively insane like that are largely those who don’t get to attend games regularly and if they do they’re up in the nosebleeds. Those are the fans that should be in the lower arena going berserk every game. I love Rupp, but I wish a new arena would have been built with luxury suites or club levels for the blue hairs who sit on their hands.

Last edited:
The sad part is that most of those fans that were collectively insane line that are largely those who don’t get to attend games regularly and if they do they’re up in the nosebleeds. Those are the fans that should be in the lower arena going berserk every game. I love Rupp, but I wish a new arena would have been built with luxury suites or club levels for the blue hairs who sit on their hands.
Agreed, the blue hairs need to either make an attempt or get themselves a 70 inch TV and Watch at home

Well done, BBN!!

Feeling like Kentucky basketball again.
Man I really hope he gets a great staff together and the next 2 months are loaded with big news. Pope is the basketball junkie we want as a coach and will do everything he can to get us back to the top

The sad part is that most of those fans that were collectively insane like that are largely those who don’t get to attend games regularly and if they do they’re up in the nosebleeds. Those are the fans that should be in the lower arena going berserk every game. I love Rupp, but I wish a new arena would have been built with luxury suites or club levels for the blue hairs who sit on their hands.
I'm sure there's a way to create a lottery system for seasong or single game tickets, yes? That would help to get more excited fans into the bowl.

think this is the first time I have had pride in our program in a long time. Maybe a long way to go to hang that next banner, but damn sure feel like the ship has been redirected to the right direction
GO CATS!!
I know! It feels so refreshing having everybody on the same page. It feels like Kentucky basketball has returned. It’s no longer a NBA pitstop and Cal’s personal Goal club.

My welcome to the Cal era shirt is long gone.

Reactions: NociHTTP

It struck me funny to see so many fans seemingly coming out of nowhere, walking to Rupp Arena, and I'm driving around yelling like a hyena at my husband, saying I hate my job (they let us leave later than they agreed to), simply because I couldn't find a parking spot. We even asked a cop who was in the lane next to us and she's "sorry, sweety, I have no idea where you can go to find parking". Eventually, the spot that we did find, a man came walking up to us as we were parking and said that we took his spot and we needed to pay $10. I told him "sorry, we don't have any cash on us", and he walked away. Hubby told me "I think they're telling everyone that" :D

Isn't it great to have a coach that gets what Kentucky basketball means to the people of this state? And never once referred to us as crazy.
I wish the best for Coach Pope and the team he eventually puts together.
It is going to be a difficult task because it's known nationally that you go to UK to get into the NBA, and if you don't after the first year than you failed, and so they bail. He's going to have to overcome that and change the culture here and change its ways of thinking. Kids coming here have figured out how to do just enough to get noticed by the NBA, without taking any risks, and one unfortunately completely hacked the system and didn't play a single second. Kids today don't want to work hard for the team, they want to work hard for themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT