ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Swift

I can appreciate her marketing and self promotion skills. I also can appreciate the effort she puts into her shoes. “Leaving it all on the stage” is a great attribute I can admire.

From a taste standpoint, I don’t think I’m in her demographic. I wasn’t for Janet Jackson or Paula Abdul’s either. No slam against any of them.

Bottom 10% hahahaha

You’re better off shoving a shampoo bottle up your own ass than commenting on vocal talent bubbers

Tell me anything about Taylor Swift's voice or vocal abilities that you find impressive. She's extremely pedestrian. Sadly pedestrian. Nothing about her whiney ass screeching sounds good. There are multiple young female performers in my tiny ass little town today that have far more impressive vocal abilities than Taylor Swift. None of them may never make it big due to the luck of the draw that the music business is, but it doesn't change the fact they have superior voices.

Taylor freaking Swift isn't even capable of adding a little vibrato here and there during her songs. Anyone not capable of doing something so vocally basic as that should never be mentioned in the same breath as anyone who actually possesses real vocal abilities. In terms of talent, I stand by my assessment that she ranks in the bottom 10% of her peers. And keep in mind that isn't an incredibly high bar to begin with.

And just to prove I'm not bashing on Taylor because I just dislike her style of music, let me compare her to another artist who's music I don't like. I never really cared for Shania Twain's style of music. But in terms of actual vocal ability? She completely and totally blows Taylor Swift away in every regard. I don't like the music of either performer, but it becomes quickly obvious that one is more dramatically gifted vocally than the other. And there are tons of female artists I consider to have better voices than ShAnia Twain.

Last edited:
Yes all the top artists are raking a billion a tour, it’s commonplace.

Again...money doesn't equate to success. Ticket prices are irrelevant, and no where did I mention that. I stated "selling out" stadiums.

Ok, you like her...fine. My taste and depth in music is much better than yours, so I will just let you have your cake.

Again...money doesn't equate to success. Ticket prices are irrelevant, and no where did I mention that. I stated "selling out" stadiums.

Ok, you like her...fine. My taste and depth in music is much better than yours, so I will just let you have your cake.
Haha, that’s literally how EVERYONE feels about their taste in music. There’s no right or wrong you monkey, there’s just what you like it don’t like.

It’s like naming your favorite color, no one is right or wrong it’s personal opinion.

But your everything is better than everyone’s anything so why would you say anything else?

And you have no idea what other music I enjoy. We could have plenty of the same tastes, which would mean you’re making fun of things you yourself like…

Some of you dorks have incredibly fragile masculinity. And now we’re hyper analyzing her vocal abilities like we all spend time at the Opera. I’m sure all the artists in your alls playlists have bangin falsettos!!
Haha what - some people act like they’ve never seen a hot girl that can sing. It’s like when women get attached to Hanson/Backstreet Boys/*NSYNC when you like someone you think they are hotter/better than they actually are.

Take rogue he is obviously smitten with her bc she fits the profile of the type of girl he prefers so of course he thinks she’s hot.

latest

This is what Taylor Swift reminds me of. Nothing I can do about it. She just does.

Reactions: cole854
Some of you dorks have incredibly fragile masculinity. And now we’re hyper analyzing her vocal abilities like we all spend time at the Opera. I’m sure all the artists in your alls playlists have bangin falsettos!!

Has nothing to do with it...she is pretty much the same as a dozen other female acts out there vocally. Not great...not terrible...nothing unique...just there. Again...she fits the mold w/ superb marketing, a nice smile, right time and place for her target audience, and a nice story to tell. "Taylor Swift" is no longer a person...it is a product, and people are buying it

Just here to point out you people have been arguing about Taylor Swift for 5 pages and if I had to guess, the average age of the poster in this thread is above 40 years old.

That's all. Continue.

Has nothing to do with it...she is pretty much the same as a dozen other female acts out there vocally. Not great...not terrible...nothing unique...just there. Again...she fits the mold w/ superb marketing, a nice smile, right time and place for her target audience, and a nice story to tell. "Taylor Swift" is no longer a person...it is a product, and people are buying it

Why are you so obsessed with her vocals? Women musicians have more to offer than just who has the best voice, get off it.

She's hugely respected critically and hugely successful commercially because she's an amazing songwriter and can craft insanely catchy and melodic stories that suck the listener in, and is successful in doing that in a multitude of different sounds. If you'd quit beating off to the Doobie Brothers for one weekend and actually sat down and listened to Red, 1989, and Folklore, in full, with an actual open mind, then your opinion might mean something.

She's a poppier Joni Mitchell, not Celine f'n Dion.

Half the artists these bros are touting didn’t write one word of their songs. To me that’s a huge thing. Don’t like her fine, I’ll enjoy the shit out of her while blasting pac, Zeppelin, Rob Bailey and Rage at the gym, kicking some Post Malone on the ride home, switching to Wallen, Hank Jr and Blake Shelton while hanging out with the boys and lassies and falling asleep to Dan Carlins Hardcore History and shower in the morning listening to 2Bears 1Cave or Theo Von. I like most everything in some capacity*.

*Besides the touching Eagles.

Reactions: DanCat17
Half the artists these bros are touting didn’t write one word of their songs.
This.

She wrote every single song completely by herself on Speak now, the album she just rereleased. She was 19 at the time of this album dropping originally. Not a single co-writer for any of the 14 songs.

Reactions: roguemocha
This.

She wrote every single song completely by herself on Speak now, the album she just rereleased. She was 19 at the time of this album dropping originally. Not a single co-writer for any of the 14 songs.

So? The songs suck, so what's the gold star on the fridge for?

I'm still in awe someone got fooled into posting an obvious fake photo and was like, "I'm gonna leave this here..." Uh, thanks guy. Swift is definitely known for her big boobs and showing off her nipples to the general public in a professionally photographed setting. Be better at this whole internet thing.

I'm still in awe someone got fooled into posting an obvious fake photo and was like, "I'm gonna leave this here..." Uh, thanks guy. Swift is definitely known for her big boobs and showing off her nipples to the general public in a professionally photographed setting. Be better at this whole internet thing.
I still liked the pic so maybe ease up a bit?

Reactions: rudd1 and J_Dee
If I had a shot for every time NBC showed her on the screen during SNF, I would be dead from alcohol poisoning. Only half way through the 3rd Quarter.

Most overrated talent hack ever?
If Taylor Swift was around during the 1960's, 70's & 80's when we had great music to listen to. That she would have had to got herself a 9 to 5 job because nobody back then would have brought this garbage music of hers.

Reactions: Wesley91581
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT