ADVERTISEMENT

Talk about way too early. UK has an incomplete roster but Lunardi still has UK

But no experience on the court together. That 6 seed was at the end of the season. Eventually you'll come around to the idea that recruiting classes and tansfer portal gets aren't everything.
If Cal's crops of freshmen could gel by season's end, then I fully expect these guys will too. The seniors have one last shot. I figure they'll get after it and bust their asses getting reps outside of practice.

Those guys had a lot more experience playing with one another. These guys are mostly brand new as a team.

Never made a prediction, I just pointed out what BYU did this year with about half the talent, maybe a quarter of the talent depending on how our roster shakes out. If you are expecting us to suck, not sure what to say. We aren’t going 40-0 but we aren’t going 9-16, either.

But no experience on the court together. That 6 seed was at the end of the season. Eventually you'll come around to the idea that recruiting classes and tansfer portal gets aren't everything.

Would we receive our seed at the beginning of the year? I’m confused….

Rankings don’t mean squat, but having the talent we do with a great X and O coach, he’s gonna figure things out. Not trying to make you a believer, just watch the games is all I know to say.

Reactions: catswillwin
  • Haha
Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
I think 2 things are really important now:
Selecting players that can be coached and play together and the coaching staff’s ability to mesh players based on individual talent.

Didn't Duke lose most of their players? Yes they have the best Freshman and one or two very good players, but they weren't a 1 seed this past season with much better players. He has them as a top seed? What has happened? Also, history has clearly shown that the veterans are what make the difference in college basketball now. I think Kentucky at present is a top 20 team.

We were a 3 seed and this new roster except for Reed and Reeves shows much more promise. We had 3 duds at Center, Reed wasn't allowed to shoot enough, Dillingham was great and awful, DJ, Edwards, even Z other than 1 game were duds. I am way more optimistic with the veterans we have recruited. Already better in the middle, and forwards, and experienced shooting guards with a better coach.

Didn't Duke lose most of their players? Yes they have the best Freshman and one or two very good players, but they weren't a 1 seed this past season with much better players. He has them as a top seed? What has happened? Also, history has clearly shown that the veterans are what make the difference in college basketball now. I think Kentucky at present is a top 20 team.

We were a 3 seed and this new roster except for Reed and Reeves shows much more promise. We had 3 duds at Center, Reed wasn't allowed to shoot enough, Dillingham was great and awful, DJ, Edwards, even Z other than 1 game were duds. I am way more optimistic with the veterans we have recruited. Already better in the middle, and forwards, and experienced shooting guards with a better coach.

Im on the Pope train and Im glad we have every player....

But objectively Im not sure we have a guy on the roster who gets much PT on last year's team. Take what you will from that.

It’s ****ing May 2nd.. let us be optimistic for now. There will be plenty of time for bitching once the season begins
You do realize that I'm being positive, yes? People are coming down on Pope because they feel he's not putting togtether a dream team or has his team projected as good of a seed as he had at BYU :)

I think 2 things are really important now:
Selecting players that can be coached and play together and the coaching staff’s ability to mesh players based on individual talent.
And I've no doubt that Pope and staff are going to accomplish both of those objectives year 1.

Would we receive our seed at the beginning of the year? I’m confused….

Rankings don’t mean squat, but having the talent we do with a great X and O coach, he’s gonna figure things out. Not trying to make you a believer, just watch the games is all I know to say.
I don't know why you think I'm not a believer, lol. Pay attention to what I'm saying :)

But objectively Im not sure we have a guy on the roster who gets much PT on last year's team. Take what you will from that.
Really? Besides Reeves, Sheppard and Dillingham who wouldn't any of these players start over? Let me remind you that 2 of those players didn't start and were freshman who had some good games but also didn't show up every game.

You would have better results throwing a random number generator at it. Way to early isn’t even close to describing how early it is.

Reactions: bluesundown

If pope was coaching we would have 3 guys from last years team. Shep and Dilly and reeves. That is all. The rest would be different. This team we have would be Cal last year.

Can see us being a 3-4 seed. Might take some time to gel early but team could be pretty good come mid way through SEC schedule. F9r all we know they could be sticking like glue before our first game. Can October/November come early?

I doubt that any coach in America will be more driven in 24-25 than the one we have. I hope that translates to wins.

If we are an 8 seed I’ll be disappointed. Just being honest. I expect to be a top 25-30 team at the worst and I think that should be the worst any Kentucky fan expects.

I dare say St Peters and Oakland didn't have a single player that would have found the floor had they been wearing a Wildcat uni.

In fact most of the teams we played the last 7 yrs couldn't hold a candle to the level of talent we put on the floor. We got pictures of all those guys at Wildcat Lodge, but the hardware for those seasons sits in a trophy case elsewhere. And I'm proud & thrilled those players went on to get theirs. But I'd like more than autographs and memories to show for it all on our end.

Reactions: WebCatKy
Everyone here should know by now - Lunardi is awful with seeding, even right before Selection Sunday.

That he has us in the NCAAT means more than seeding. I think we'll be better next year than anyone believes.

Reactions: westerncat

That is correct with Ellen’s roommate as coach. Freshmen get the nod, they are going to the NBA! I coach for the name on the back!

CMP wants college basketball players with different skills that fit together to make a TEAM. A team whose goal is to win which is CMP’s goal - win regular season and all tournaments. The previous coach goal was not team success but the NBA draft.

There's 2 articles on the NCAA basketball page of ESPN, one is Lunardi who has UConn as a 1 seed and the other is the Way Too Early top 25 by Borzello who has UConn ranked 10th. 🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT