ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl LVIII

FG used to win it now it takes a TD at least during the regular season

Right but playoffs each team gets to possess the ball once no matter what, barring a defensive TD on the opening drive.

Oh so even if they scored a TD they play on? Didn't know that.

Generational player in Mahomes. Get used to it. He's an amazing QB and has lots of football left.

He's great but I will reserve judgment to see how he does once Reid retires, assuming they don't both leave at once. Andy Reid doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves. Top 3-5 coach ever and top 3 offensive coach ever.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
Right but playoffs each team gets to possess the ball once no matter what, barring a defensive TD on the opening drive.

He's great but I will reserve judgment to see how he does once Reid retires, assuming they don't both leave at once. Andy Reid doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves. Top 3-5 coach ever and top 3 offensive coach ever.
Reid is a great coach but even Brady won it without Belichek. Mahomes has the "it" factor. He's a hell of a QB.

I think the theory was probably to rest their defense after they got gashed on the drive to end regulation. I still think it was the wrong choice though. Getting the ball second so you know if you need to go for 4th down or not is a big advantage in this format.
I won’t dispute that they did that because they had just been on the field but they didn’t ‘get gashed’ against legit d. The chiefs got to the 35 on soft two hand touch zone. Oddly enough it felt like they compensated and went overly aggressive with blitzes in ot

Waiting patiently on my Cowboys
Seems every twenty years or so in my lifetime for a Cowboys dynasty type team. It's been more than twenty now and I'm convinced it won't happen until Jerry Jones os gone. It's just a matter of time before he gets the Tex Schramm treatment and someone kicks his arrigant ass out. It can't come soon enough.

The kick was an issue obviously but it’s the age old thing of the last drive for the chiefs to tie in regulation the 49ers go soft zone and let them get into fg range before getting into any sort of man coverage. I do not understand coaches that game after game and year after year doing that. I mean if you get beat get beat doing what you do.

Absolutely. Completely shocking that it's still being used and beaten to death (and by teams with great defenses that have been stopping teams nearly an entire game).

Last edited:
Bah, Not a hall of famer

it is The Hall of Fame, not Hall of Famous Girlfriends
Uh .,, Travis Kelce 7 Time All Pro … 9 Pro Bowls … NFL All Decade Team … Tied with most 100 Yard Receiving Games in the Playoffs with Jerry Rice to go with 3 Super Bowl Titles … he is a 1st Ballot Pro Football Hall of Famer with those credentials

Reactions: BigTyrone
Was surprised not one single Chief from the owner on down gave the 9ers any credit for playing hard. Can’t stand the 9ers but they at least deserved an ada boy.

Also, how can Shanahan not defer in OT to see if he needs 3 or 7??
His reasoning was if both teams had scored field goals/touchdowns, then it becomes sudden death and the 49'ers would have gotten the ball next. I guess he knew the 49'ers couldn't stop Mahomes twice if they had deferred.

Last edited:
It was hard to enjoy watching the Taylor show! Good game but I was sick of her!

It was hard to enjoy watching the Taylor show! Good game but I was sick of her!

She was on for less than a minute total. Did it really take away from your experience? Did you hate when they showed Brock Purdy's family a bunch? She is the most famous entertainer in the world right now, it is newsworthy. They have to cut to crowd shots, why not show someone people are talking about?

I just don't get the hate.

She was on for less than a minute total. Did it really take away from your experience? Did you hate when they showed Brock Purdy's family a bunch? She is the most famous entertainer in the world right now, it is newsworthy. They have to cut to crowd shots, why not show someone people are talking about?

I just don't get the hate.
It’s pretty funny how triggering she is to some people. I don’t understand it either.

It's just a cycle and it happens in nearly every sport. Bulls in the 90s, Lakers, Spurs, Warriors in the 2000s, Pats and Chiefs in the NFL, and realistically a handful of teams in college basketball and football. The best usually continue being the best for a handful of years and then another team comes along and they're one of the best.
True. Maybe it’s just the constant discussion and social media in your face 24/7 that just kinda takes the fun out of it now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT