ADVERTISEMENT

Brea’s UK visit begins later today

kentucky-basketball.gif

I wonder if Brea cooled on us because he wanted to see some teammates who could contend. I have to think that him being on campus the same time as Osobor helps us out with both.
I don't think he ever cooled on us. I think Jamie Shaw screwed up and everybody ran with it. Pope and his staff are running in full lasagna mode and guys are guessing what UK is up to in recruiting.

R.27f98585e52dd88f2a232603dd514e9a

I don't think he ever cooled on us. I think Jamie Shaw screwed up and everybody ran with it. Pope and his staff are running in full lasagna mode and guys are guessing what UK is up to in recruiting.

R.27f98585e52dd88f2a232603dd514e9a
I like this idea, but didn't Brea specifically omit Kentucky from his final visit list?

Yeah I saw one saw 1.8 million. That can’t be true, if it is Kentucky should move on as well

At some point, we're going to have to just pay some of these guys. Do I think he's worth 1.8m.. no. But we can't keep missing guys. It was alright when we got turned down by McNeely, and then Mahaney just now.. and a plethora of other guards.. but I think we now need to start leaning into NIL.

Hopefully, Mahaney’s commitment to UConn closes the door for them with Brea.
Yeah, they got their main two, McNeeley and Mahaney. I like Pope's approach of saving a couple for draft drop outs in three weeks or so. Get the best of the best and go for number 9 year one. Would love a transition year where we just smash everyone with maturity and talent.

At some point, we're going to have to just pay some of these guys. Do I think he's worth 1.8m.. no. But we can't keep missing guys. It was alright when we got turned down by McNeely, and then Mahaney just now.. and a plethora of other guards.. but I think we now need to start leaning into NIL.
Agree at some point you got to throw the bag.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Yeah, they got their main two, McNeeley and Mahaney. I like Pope's approach of saving a couple for draft drop outs in three weeks or so. Get the best of the best and go for number 9 year one. Would love a transition year where we just smash everyone with maturity and talent.
On KSR today, Pope said as much. Said they was going to hold a "couple" open for post NBA withdrawals. I think he is holding one for Robinson, the other, I don't know. But he said they was going to try and get to 10-11, take a pause, finish his staff, then try and finish strong with NBA withdrawal guys.

Agreed. The boosters have seemingly opened the NIL floodgates so use it.

Agreed. The boosters have seemingly opened the NIL floodgates so use it.
If we get Brea then we have two guys that can play the 3 with Oweh and Brea. Can Brea play the 2 guard? At the two guard Oweh, Chandler, Perry and maybe Brea? Of course we will add a couple more shooters IMO but the point is with Brea to go with Oweh it solidifies that 3 position with two guys we already know can play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT