ADVERTISEMENT

Stop stressing out

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022
Some of you are going to age visibly in the next 4 weeks. This is a tough process and checking in daily is probably the worst thing you can do at this point.

Summer's coming. Go out and get some sunshine. Unplug for a few weeks. Check back in in a month. You'll be happy you did.

Some of you are going to age visibly in the next 4 weeks. This is a tough process and checking in daily is probably the worst thing you can do at this point.

Summer's coming. Go out and get some sunshine. Unplug for a few weeks. Check back in in a month. You'll be happy you did.
Are you being serious?

Reactions: track42
We have five players visiting this weekend. It could be a historic weekend. There's no way I'm going to minimize that and "check back in a month." This is Kentucky basketball, and it's the next pivotal chapter in our program's beautiful story. Do you think that we want to skip to the cliff notes for this chapter, ignoring one of the better adventures we've experienced in sometime?

We're going to read every word of this chapter. We're going to savor each moment. The details make the journey more exciting.

We should be fine after this weekend. Depth will be a concern this year because this staff is too late assembled to get on any freshmen and I think that's who you'll need to build out depth. Noone is portalling just to ride the pine.

I’m checking in on a 10-15 minute basis for weeks and having more fun then I have in over a decade.

Way too many people here have no semblance of understanding how a roster needs to get built from literally the ground up or they’ve been completely brainwashed by John Calipari in thinking rosters need to look a certain way on paper with 5 Star bullshit everywhere.

I’m F’ing amped by the way the roster is shaping up and as of this moment am still fully anticipating seeing a contender on the floor this upcoming season.

If we miss out on Deivon Smith and Great Osobor, then maybe we can have a different situation. Until that happens, this board is full of folks straight up actin a fool.

We have five players visiting this weekend. It could be a historic weekend. There's no way I'm going to minimize that and "check back in a month." This is Kentucky basketball, and it's the next pivotal chapter in our program's beautiful story. Do you think that we want to skip to the cliff notes for this chapter, ignoring one of the better adventures we've experienced in sometime?

We're going to read every word of this chapter. We're going to savor each moment. The details make the journey more exciting.
This might be the biggest weekend in Ky basketball history ;)

woooooo GIF

Reactions: Catfan2226

Sort of feels like a line of bullcrap Cal would feed us.

Just sit back and relax...November doesn't matter...March is what matters

We're so young.

SEC tournament doesn't matter

Lose in March....we were so close, just didn't get 50/50 balls....you can't take away what these kids did.

Don't blame them...blame me.

Sure it's year 1....but alot of this is on Mitch for hiring a relative no-name in Pope who can't take a BYU roster to UK. And now you're scrambling in the portal which isn't a track record of success.

We're so young.

Lose in March....we were so close, just didn't get 50/50 balls....you can't take away what these kids did.

Sure it's year 1....but alot of this is on Mitch for hiring a relative no-name in Pope who can't take a BYU roster to UK. And now you're scrambling in the portal which isn't a track record of success.
Have a little patience. We've got a big recruiting weekend ahead of us. The roster wasn't going to happen overnight. Coach Pope is by all accounts busting his ass on the recruiting trail. Let's wait and see how this plays out.

Are you being serious?
Cal >>>>>>>

We're so young.

We get it, he wasn't your pick.

Reactions: Ugoff and K_TIME
It’s gonna be awesome what Pope does here but he’s not going to get fleeced early in the process. UK always figured these things out better than most. Thus will be no different.

Mike-McD telling people to stop stressing out. It really is end times........

I'm not stressed at all.
But thank you for your insight

I'm not sure I've ever actually fully agreed with any post you've made on here (that I've seen at least), but I fully endorse your message in this post.

Nope...not gonna! I have not watched a KY Bball game in almost 4 years and I , for one, am ecstatic we finally have a COLLEGE BASKETBALL TEAM coming and will intently watch as the assembly of the initial team is building a cornerstone for the future.

OP you have over 3K posts in a year and a half.
I have slightly more than you in over 11 years.
You might wanna take you're own advice and go out side get some sun and put the devices down.
I'm nor stressed. If players sign great. I'll root for them in the fall/winter like I have for over 50 years.
If they don't sign. Oh well. Nothing you or I or anyone else can do about it.
I don't need to be the first to know or report that a Player has signed or committed.
Some of you watch and pay more attention to this than you do the actual games.
I never miss a UK game. The recruiting stuff doesn't intrest me that much.

Agree with OP.

I’m following the process, enjoying the hunt but not stressing out about it.

Why? Because I can’t control it. Best case Pope puts together a great team. Worst case, we struggle next year. Neither of those are life and death for me.

OP you have over 3K posts in a year and a half.
I have slightly more than you in over 11 years.
You might wanna take you're own advice and go out side get some sun and put the devices down.
I'm nor stressed. If players sign great. I'll root for them in the fall/winter like I have for over 50 years.
If they don't sign. Oh well. Nothing you or I or anyone else can do about it.
I don't need to be the first to know or report that a Player has signed or committed.
Some of you watch and pay more attention to this than you do the actual games.
I never miss a UK game. The recruiting stuff doesn't intrest me that much.
I'm confused. Are you trying to use my post count as some sort of putdown? Because if you are, I'm familiar with the rest of the board that contrarily uses post count as some sort of positive barometer of quality. And if this thread title doesn't apply to you, then why did you respond at all? Just to condescend? See my signature.

And what would you have people do when Pope signs more guys who aren’t in ESPN’s top 100 transfers?

I am not stressed. Knew this was coming. But I guess I expected Pope to bring in more talent than this in year one. Perry is the best guard so far. Williams the only big. It’s going to be brutal.

I'm confused. Are you trying to use my post count as some sort of putdown? Because if you are, I'm familiar with the rest of the board that contrarily uses post count as some sort of positive barometer of quality. And if this thread title doesn't apply to you, then why did you respond at all? Just to condescend? See my signature.
You said people are stressing. Implying that you aren't. Yet you sure seem to be on here a lot posting about recruiting. Took me over 11 years to barely have more post than you do in a year and a half. Maybe you're the one who's stressed is what I'm implying
90% of my post are about the actual games as they are being played. I certainly don't stress about recruiting. But if you do have at it. I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT