ADVERTISEMENT

Stop rationalizing this. This is a terrible hire and Barnhart needs to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn’t a bad hire until he proves it to be by failing like BCG. UNC hired assistant Davis and we all thought it was a joke and he went to the title game already. But the dumb thing was not waiting a week on Donovan …

What you want everyone to do? If we are negative then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Getting behind him and coming together is our ONLY chance.

We all mocked UNC AND Duke and so far it’s working out for them.
Comparing the hiring of Coach Pope to Davis to UNC or Scheyer to DUKE isn’t apples to apples. Unlike at UNC and DUKE, where the new coach replacing the long-tenured Hall of Fame coach was an assistant and able to retain the highly-ranked recruiting class plus most of the team, Coach Pope is having to create a new roster almost from scratch. That’s one major concern and why I still think it’s fair to criticize Barnhart’s handling of the coaching search. We are in good hands, yet year one and maybe two will see us recruiting and filling out a roster with one hand tied behind our back.

I don’t care what you think, you’re lowlife trash who attacks UK athletics, LOL at some uneducated redneck loser saying someone isn’t a UK fan.

Run along and go attack Mitch Barnhart Mark Pope or someone else like you always do superfan.

My man, you’re delusional. I’m actually kind of worried about you.

Ok I’m seriously not bumping this thread any more

Fans wanted a change so bad they welcomed a mediocre coach from BYU thats never had a NCAA Tourney win, and has ZERO experience recruiting (even as an assistant) at this level.

Pope loses 10-12 games a year at BYU....but all of a sudden he's going to beat Barnes, Oats, Pearl?

Guaranteed misery coming. Kenny Payne, Juwan Howard, Patrick Ewing, even Bobby Knights son shouldve taught people a lesson.

Reactions: ellowelzees
Fans wanted a change so bad they welcomed a mediocre coach from BYU thats never had a NCAA Tourney win, and has ZERO experience recruiting (even as an assistant) at this level.

Pope loses 10-12 games a year at BYU....but all of a sudden he's going to beat Barnes, Oats, Pearl?

Guaranteed misery coming. Kenny Payne, Juwan Howard, Patrick Ewing, even Bobby Knights son shouldve taught people a lesson.
The man hasn’t coached a single game at UK and you’re comparing him to that ilk? Dumb.

The man hasn’t coached a single game at UK and you’re comparing him to that ilk? Dumb.
Correct. You can look at a coaches record at past jobs and get an idea of what you're getting.

Get excited all you want, but a mediocre coach at BYU isn't a new man at even a tougher job.

Correct. You can look at a coaches record at past jobs and get an idea of what you're getting.

Get excited all you want, but a mediocre coach at BYU isn't a new man at even a tougher job.
No you can’t compare his performance at BYU where he had minimal resources and his recruiting was hamstrung by their morals agreement. Apples and oranges in terms of what he can do at UK with the best of everything in terms of resources and vast NIL cash at his disposal.

Reactions: awf

He was hardly mediocre at BYU. In fact, he did one of the best jobs in the country last year.

Seriously, how could anyone consider a top 20 performance at BYU to be mediocre?

It is what it is. So let it be written, so let it be done.
10-yulfukkingsexy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT