ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops to A&M?

Honestly…I don’t think there is anyone we can get that would be a household name. I do think he has the ability. He was known as a really good recruiter while at UK.
Great coaches build a name.....was Nick Saban a household name when Michigan St hired him? What about Kirby Smart at UGA? Dabo Swinney?? A position coach straight to head coach...what? Unheard of.
We as fans gotta get out of our own heads and quit relying on someone's success at other schools . Get a young hungry coach who loves the University and let him BUILD his own legend rather than riding the coattails of another's schools success.

Great coaches build a name.....was Nick Saban a household name when Michigan St hired him? What about Kirby Smart at UGA? Dabo Swinney?? A position coach straight to head coach...what? Unheard of.
We as fans gotta get out of our own heads and quit relying on someone's success at other schools . Get a young hungry coach who loves the University and let him BUILD his own legend rather than riding the coattails of another's schools success.
I agree with you. I was disagreeing with the guy who said we needed a known name.

Reactions: Tedington68
I mean, I remember when Strong was hired at Texas and there was a ton of chatter saying the exact same things that are being said about Stoops and A&M before that hire was made official.

While I certainly don’t expect it, I’m not going to dismiss it either. A&M is a tough school to go to now with what I’ll call unrealistic expectations. They seem to have a Bama type aura surrounding them so I’m not sure how many coaches are clamoring to go into that hornets nest so they end up with their 3rd or 4th choice or a Mark Stoops. I think he would be a fool to go there and it would end just like Strong and Texas.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
A & M have more money than brains, but they wouldn't be dumb enough to hire Stoops. This is laughable.
Between nil and Jimbo's payout they aren't rolling in money like you think right now. They've been throwing around cash for 5 years and the economy isn't booming. They can't just keep writing checks.

Between nil and Jimbo's payout they aren't rolling in money like you think right now. They've been throwing around cash for 5 years and the economy isn't booming. They can't just keep writing checks.
I am very sceptical about this report.
Are you telling me that they will hire a coach who finished 3-5 in the SEC? With the 3 wins being vandy ms.st. and FL. Lost to usc mizz TN. Don't count GA/Bama. Even tho he got crushed in those games.

It would be like you've been trying to figure out how get rid of a girlfriend that you have gotten tired of, and one day she walks in and breaks it off with you. Glory hallelujah 🙌 🙏
And then a year later you totally miss her and wish you had her back.

• Haha
Reactions: tomrain
Stoops may realize he’s hit the ceiling at Kentucky only because the resources he has at Kentucky is much different than he would have at A&M. He would have a ton of NIL money, school name recognition and a fertile Texas recruiting ground in his back yard.

Reactions: westerncat
A basically non-existent in state recruiting base and less NIL money than a lot of other schools around us to attract out of state. It's not that attractive.
People that want Stoops to leave are brain dead. Best coach the program has ever had. But this board wants GA results at UK.

The guy went 7-5 against a schedule that included 4 top 10 opponents. He's brought consistency to the program and established it as a legitimate SEC program.

Stoops may realize he’s hit the ceiling at Kentucky only because the resources he has at Kentucky is much different than he would have at A&M. He would have a ton of NIL money, school name recognition and a fertile Texas recruiting ground in his back yard.
Jimbo had all those things...and he coached FSU to a Natty..... all that NIL money and resources didn't make him successful enough for A &M . What makes you think it would for Stoops?......many talented kids don't wanna play in an offense that moves At a snails pace and CMS is married to that idea it seems

First off today was a great win against a highly ranked rival!

BUT…it still doesn’t bring respect or relevancy to our program from the conference. Nobody outside of our state is even talking much about our win.

Today changes nothing except from a fans standpoint. We’re as far as we’re gonna go with him.

Jimbo had all those things...and he coached FSU to a Natty..... all that NIL money and resources didn't make him successful enough for A &M . What makes you think it would for Stoops?......many talented kids don't wanna play in an offense that moves At a snails pace and CMS is married to that idea it seems
Players didn’t like playing for Jimbo, Stoops has built a culture at a school that’s not a football school. He’s hit many milestones that hasn’t been done at Kentucky in decades. What would he do at a school with unlimited resources? I don’t know but it would be interesting to see. Kentucky has talent but it’s not near the talent Bama, UGA, etc have, and A&M can get that talent. Personally I don’t think he’s worth giving up a $76 million buyout, but the “home run hires” they think they can get aren’t going there. I just hope Mitch doesn’t do something stupid and give him more money.

Reactions: Tedington68

BUT…it still doesn’t bring respect or relevancy to our program from the conference. Nobody outside of our state is even talking much about our win.

Today changes nothing except from a fans standpoint. We’re as far as we’re gonna go with him.
WHY today man??????

You'll have the WHOLE off-season to give this opinion, but after beating our TOP TEN rival on their home field??????

We ALL see that the program needs some changes, even Coach Stoops, but can't we all just ENJOY the MOMENT???

Reactions: CGblue
WHY today man??????

You'll have the WHOLE off-season to give this opinion, but after beating our TOP TEN rival on their home field??????

We ALL see that the program needs some changes, even Coach Stoops, but can't we all just ENJOY the MOMENT???
I am enjoying this moment! Trust me, nobody hates Louisville more than me. I don’t go as the wind blows though. I stand behind what I’ve said and will continue to speak the truth and how I feel.

Reactions: Stoneule
He may think that but a better coach could do more with the existing talent we currently have. We were not well coached the majority of the year.

Reactions: bigbluedon
He may think that but a better coach could do more with the existing talent we currently have. We were not well coached the majority of the year.
Would be interstellar to see what assistants he would take with him. A&M would pay top dollar for good assistants where Kentucky wouldn’t.

This take is just plain stupid. You will do anything to avoid giving Stoops any creditability I'll bet you'd rather have taken a loss if it meant getting rid of the most successful coach here in many decades. You were probably praising Bear Brohm and declaring UL a playoff team prior to their ass kicking today.

Reactions: gojvc
People that want Stoops to leave are brain dead. Best coach the program has ever had. But this board wants GA results at UK.

The guy went 7-5 against a schedule that included 4 top 10 opponents. He's brought consistency to the program and established it as a legitimate SEC program.
It’s hard to believe anyone would want him gone at this point. It’s insane actually. Certifiably insane.

Would be interstellar to see what assistants he would take with him. A&M would pay top dollar for good assistants where Kentucky wouldn’t.
Would Marrow go with him if TaM is serious? Texas hasn’t been a focus so he wouldn’t have many contacts established.

I mean, I remember when Strong was hired at Texas and there was a ton of chatter saying the exact same things that are being said about Stoops and A&M before that hire was made official.

While I certainly don’t expect it, I’m not going to dismiss it either. A&M is a tough school to go to now with what I’ll call unrealistic expectations. They seem to have a Bama type aura surrounding them so I’m not sure how many coaches are clamoring to go into that hornets nest so they end up with their 3rd or 4th choice or a Mark Stoops. I think he would be a fool to go there and it would end just like Strong and Texas.
I don’t blame him for going. It’s a shot at being best of the best but they’re going to expect it. I also get that sometimes, for both sides, you can be in one place so long you need another challenge. I really don’t understand why A&M would go to a dc that coached under the guy they just let go and has the same style of play if not even more that way. He had it at fsu too. While I don’t understand it from their side, I understand it from stoops side if you think you’re going to give it annother Five years and want to take a swing at the biggest level. Especially staring down the scheduling benefits he has enjoyed here disappearing some. It also has just felt like he doesn’t feel good himself about knowing how to get the next step on offense.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
This take is just plain stupid. You will do anything to avoid giving Stoops any creditability I'll bet you'd rather have taken a loss if it meant getting rid of the most successful coach here in many decades. You were probably praising Bear Brohm and declaring UL a playoff team prior to their ass kicking today.
Getting mad at him for a bunch of things he didn’t say…

Reports say TAMU has set a date of DEC 4th to have a coach in place. At least we won't have to wait long to find out.

The only thing that concerns me about Stoops leaving is a mass exodus of players that might follow him out the door. That would be a very bad thing.

Our assistant staff was paid 7.5m this year which would have been the seventh highest paid staff in football in 2022.

Reports say TAMU has set a date of DEC 4th to have a coach in place. At least we won't have to wait long to find out.

The only thing that concerns me about Stoops leaving is a mass exodus of players that might follow him out the door. That would be a very bad thing.
1. This is baloney....Stoops isn't getting the Texas AM job
2. Even if he does.....what players are giong to Texas Am with him? They have dudes all over the place in all kinds of positions. Maybe D Walker is the only guy....maybe a Hairston or a Wallace. But the Ohio kids aren't going, etc...
3. And if Stoops leaves....this would be like Satterfield leaving UL and things come up rosier. I appreciate Stoops job but he has for sure plateaued at UK. Two poor years in a row and next year looks like a grease fire. A stupid Mitch contract we don't have to buy out, etc....

But this is all jibberish....Stoops ain't getting Texas Am job.

It’s hard to believe anyone would want him gone at this point. It’s insane actually. Certifiably insane.
Some people want him gone. I do not but I also

thats my thing. I think we can get someone that gets us the production we’re getting now but stabilizing roster things when you are losing someone after the season can be an issue. But someone might also be good in the portal bringing stuff in too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT