ADVERTISEMENT

Stay/Go

If Burkes comes back should have 4 starters back.

Is this class eligible for Covid year or is that over?

Love to steal the SS from Indiana Glasser lol he’ll of a player.

@dterry give us some dope when ya can.
Smith is back for us but you’re right, Glasser was a damn good shortstop. Indiana has several good players on that team.

Reactions: parrott
Smith showing as senior. I hope he can come back dude is a defensive whiz and decent stick.

I think we just lose cf and 1b so there’s a real good core group returning. Good younger guys ready to step in.

UK coaches are good in evaluating in the portal. Think they have 1 or 2 already. Also solid recruiting class.

Not sure if NIL is a big dead in college baseball? LSU had 2 stars transfer in on their team.

Reactions: Crazycat68
I think we just lose cf and 1b so there’s a real good core group returning. Good younger guys ready to step in.

UK coaches are good in evaluating in the portal. Think they have 1 or 2 already. Also solid recruiting class.

Not sure if NIL is a big dead in college baseball? LSU had 2 stars transfer in on their team.

Nil is a deal. Not huge but we're behind in it.

Reactions: SeanCain
I think the biggest decisions as far as whether they stay or leave is Smith, Burkes, Lee, Martin and Chavez. I think Burkes and Strickland will get drafted high enough to leave. Smith likely uses Covid year. No idea if the other three are interested in using their Covid year.

Top 2 picks in MLB may be LSU OF Crews and their starting pitcher Skenes first game. OTOH, we have transfers from Longwood College, Incarnate Word, jucos and Western KY.

Our kids and coaches overachieved for a great season, but just like other sports we have to recruit better or the big picture is not gonna change.

Top 2 picks in MLB may be LSU OF Crews and their starting pitcher Skenes first game. OTOH, we have transfers from Longwood College, Incarnate Word, jucos and Western KY.

Our kids and coaches overachieved for a great season, but just like other sports we have to recruit better or the big picture is not gonna change.
Skenes came to LSU from Air Force Academy, there are good players everywhere, projection/development becomes very important but you're right, UK needs to bump up it's recruiting. MLB.com's recently released Top 200 2023 draft list shows nary a UK player or commitment. LSU is well represented as is Vandy and UF and SCAR and TN and U6 and Wake, etc, etc, etc. Doesn't mean UK won't have guys drafted, they will, just that UK's not represented at the upper levels of the draft. That needs to change.

I think that this season showed us that the small time schools can produce the talent to compete, but we still likely needed to find a guy or two that was a step above the rest. We had a bunch of really good players, but we didn't have that 1 or two guys that were just great. I think we saw that we can be competitive with guys that are all good, but I think if we really want to take it to the next level we need to step up and find a guy or two that is a stud. Maybe someone like Smith can become that, we will see how he develops. I think this team would have been at a whole other level had they had one big time ace pitcher and then also had one masher that could have built around. Would have made everyone a bit better to have that dangerous bat that other teams feared.

Reactions: Crazycat68
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT