ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2025 Recruiting

UK's current 2025 class-

Stone Saunders, QB, Harrisburg, PA
Quintin Simmons, WR, Cincinnati, OH
Isaiah West, RB, Philadelphia, PA

West is our latest commitment. West is a hs teammate of January UK enrollee David Washington. He is being recruited by Coach Boulware and already holds offers from at least 4 B10, 3 ACC, and 2 SEC programs. It is believed by many online commenters that Stoops will eventually take a second RB commitment in this class.

Stone Sa

Lots of posters on this website carry grudges or otherwise negative attitudes toward other posters, not to mention condescending attitudes toward UK coaches and adminustrators, even though few people here actually know one another or our coaches and officials. Such is the maturity and hostility level of some on the board. This has hurt football discourse on the board for years. But these childish matters are a distraction from the football topics and put off most posters. Whenever a thread is hijacked for nutty personal attacks, fans who come here to discuss UK football are done a disservice.
BINGO, I think that's what the board was telling YOU.

BINGO, I think that's what the board was telling YOU.
Well, it seems to be what YOU are saying. People believe what they want to believe. I don't start fights, but I reserve the opportunity to defend myself when attacked personally by negative agenda posters, thread killers, or trolls. This board has too many of those, and that's a problem for people like me who actually want to discuss UK football. A whole lot of people actually want to talk about UK football recruiting.

So, once again, a thread dedicated to our 2025 recruiting class is interrupted by a poster who provokes a negative personal distraction. Just cut it out. If you have nothing to add to the recruiting discussion, then go interrupt some other thread.

Who is next for our 2025 class? IDK, but the following seem like realistic possibilities now-

Javeon Campbell, DL, Frankfort, KY
Martels Carter, DB, Paducah, KY
Aveion Chenault, WR, Lexington, KY
Ja'Kayden Ferguson, WR, Missouri City, TX
Rafael Greene, OL, Cincinnati, OH
Tucker Kattus, OL, Cincinnati, OH

I did not include Brennan Ward, Marquise Davis, or Isaac Sowells on this list because I don't believe they will happen yet. Of course, I could be wrong. Recruiting is among the least predictable of human behaviors.

The time during spring practice usually sees a new commitment or two. Let's keep an eye on UV's during spring practice.

Who is next for our 2025 class? IDK, but the following seem like realistic possibilities now-

Javeon Campbell, DL, Frankfort, KY
Martels Carter, DB, Paducah, KY
Aveion Chenault, WR, Lexington, KY
Ja'Kayden Ferguson, WR, Missouri City, TX
Rafael Greene, OL, Cincinnati, OH
Tucker Kattus, OL, Cincinnati, OH

I did not include Brennan Ward, Marquise Davis, or Isaac Sowells on this list because I don't believe they will happen yet. Of course, I could be wrong. Recruiting is among the least predictable of human behaviors.

The time during spring practice usually sees a new commitment or two. Let's keep an eye on UV's during spring practice.
TOS hinting Kattus could be the next commit. FWIW.

TOS hinting Kattus could be the next commit. FWIW.

I believe Tucker Kattus will eventually become a member of our 2025 class. When it happens, that's anyone's guess. At UK he might get a shot at playing RT, with OG as his backup position. Most other schools would start him out in the beginning as an OG. So there's that. He has UVed Lexington a number of times, for games and for other events. He was at junior day with his friend Rafael Greene. He might commit this spring, or he might wait. But I'm not sure what would be accomplished by waiting unless he is truly interested in MI or another B10 school.

I believe Tucker Kattus will eventually become a member of our 2025 class. When it happens, that's anyone's guess. At UK he might get a shot at playing RT, with OG as his backup position. Most other schools would start him out in the beginning as an OG. So there's that. He has UVed Lexington a number of times, for games and for other events. He was at junior day with his friend Rafael Greene. He might commit this spring, or he might wait. But I'm not sure what would be accomplished by waiting unless he is truly interested in MI or another B10 school.
UK needs '25 to be a very strong OL class, I'm assuming 5 signees at a minimum. Sowells looks like a possibility and with Keenum would give UK pretty solid Cs for the next 5 years. Kattus, to me, looks like a LG. Moves pretty well, has some strength and some "nasty" to him. Greene.....oh boy...looks overweight, slow footed who needs substantial S&C. OG all the way. Still, those three could serve as a foundation for UK's '25 class. Big question for me is what will Wolford bring to the table? Will he be able to bring in some of the guys he was recruiting at Bama and I'm talking OTs? Wolford is an ace recruiter, can he work magic here? Portal makes this a little less critical but success of this class could be weighed by success of OL recruiting.

UK needs '25 to be a very strong OL class, I'm assuming 5 signees at a minimum. Sowells looks like a possibility and with Keenum would give UK pretty solid Cs for the next 5 years. Kattus, to me, looks like a LG. Moves pretty well, has some strength and some "nasty" to him. Greene.....oh boy...looks overweight, slow footed who needs substantial S&C. OG all the way. Still, those three could serve as a foundation for UK's '25 class. Big question for me is what will Wolford bring to the table? Will he be able to bring in some of the guys he was recruiting at Bama and I'm talking OTs? Wolford is an ace recruiter, can he work magic here? Portal makes this a little less critical but success of this class could be weighed by success of OL recruiting.

You know he was in contact with some highly ranked OL while at Bama is one. Mason Short is one, you mentioned you thought think he signs with UGA. Long way to signing day, but UGA is a distant 2nd to Clemson. UGA's OL coach is very good, maybe one of the elite OL coaches, but is very average recruiter. So we likely aren't making up alot of ground.

UK needs '25 to be a very strong OL class, I'm assuming 5 signees at a minimum.

Four or five OL prospects in our 2025 class.

Sowells looks like a possibility and with Keenum would give UK pretty solid Cs for the next 5 years.

Selm will get a look at C later this month. Selm and Keenum probably have higher ceilings than Sowells. Sowells is not a bad prospect. He has a nice pedigree. But he is not very long, and I doubt his PA St offer is committable. Aside from PA St, his best offers are UK and SCar. If Stoops wants him, we can probably sign him. I suspect there is a certain amount of motivation to keep Sowells away from UL while maintaining recruiting juice in Jefferson Co and at Male hs. But there are only so many scholarships, and I think Coach Wolford can attract at least four higher ceiling OL prospects.

Kattus, to me, looks like a LG. Moves pretty well, has some strength and some "nasty" to him.

I agree. But if giving Kattus an opening shot at RT in practice would seal the deal, that could happen. He needs a RS season, so there would be plenty of time.

Greene.....oh boy...looks overweight, slow footed who needs substantial S&C. OG all the way.

Yep. Too much bad weight. He would need a RS and a makeover of his body. But so did Bunchy and Flax. Greene is from Winton Woods, so the historical bias will be to take him. He has a long frame that can't be taught, and he is a bright kid. So there are some tools. Given two years to eat right and recondition, he could have a shot. But does Wolford want him? IDK.

Big question for me is what will Wolford bring to the table? Will he be able to bring in some of the guys he was recruiting at Bama and I'm talking OTs? Wolford is an ace recruiter, can he work magic here? Portal makes this a little less critical but success of this class could be weighed by success of OL recruiting.

Yes, that's going to be the question. It is fashionable in some corners of this board to talk Wolford down, and that fits into some people's agendas not to accept Stoops. But Saban had reasons to hire Wolford. Saban seldom made hiring mistakes. To your point, Wolford is a strong recruiter. During his first tour at UK, he recruited Deone Walker, still our best football player as we speak. At AL, Wolford recruited Olaus Alinen, Roq Montgomery, Miles McVay, Jadyn Proctor, and Wilkin Formby, among others. He can recruit, and he is a teacher and a stickler correct technique. I made it clear here that I was never comfortable with the Yenser hire. Yenser was a weak recruiter and teacher. In those respects, Wolford is a big step up from Yenser. The Wolford hire will change UK's 2025 recruiting board, and will almost certainly lead to changes on our OL.

I actually thought that once UK hit the D Jax and L Young days that our OLine issues would forever be solved forever

Not quite though
We seem to recruit good enough at most spots except OL. CB has been an issue off and on lately but we seem to be improving that some with our new class. Guess the OL issues is a combination of who has been recruiting them and the lack of numbers to go around for everybody. But we need to start signing some better OL because building up and coaching up can only go so far with OL. We need a few of the higher ranked OL to mix in with the three star that takes a few years to build up and coach up.

Last edited:
Four or five OL prospects in our 2025 class.

S

Yep. Too much bad weight. He would need a RS and a makeover of his body. But so did Bunchy and Flax. Greene is from Winton Woods, so the historical bias will be to take him. He has a long frame that can't be taught, and he is a bright kid. So there are some tools. Given two years to eat right and recondition, he could have a shot. But does Wolford want him? IDK.

I see Greene quite often and I am not sure what to think about him. He is certainly talented, but is way out of shape, which wouldn't be a huge concern, but being that he is a Winton Woods kid I know their S&C program is one of, if not the best in SW Ohio. Their guys live in the weight room and its a mystery, as to why it hasn't registered with Greene. On the other hand I think taking him, has to make it easier to get his teammate top 200 stud OLB Justin Hill.

UK's current 2025 class-

Stone Saunders, QB, Harrisburg, PA
Quintin Simmons, WR, Cincinnati, OH
Isaiah West, RB, Philadelphia, PA

West is our latest commitment. West is a hs teammate of January UK enrollee David Washington. He is being recruited by Coach Boulware and already holds offers from at least 4 B10, 3 ACC, and 2 SEC programs. It is believed by many online commenters that Stoops will eventually take a second RB commitment in this class.
Yeah, we are very high on Kentrell Rinehart's list. From Ohio, he is a four star RB at 6-2 220.

We seem to recruit good enough at most spots except OL. CB has been an issue off and on lately but we seem to be improving that some with our new class. Guess the OL issues is a combination of who has been recruiting them and the lack of numbers to go around for everybody. But we need to start signing some better OL because building up and coaching up can only go so far with OL. We need a few of the higher ranked OL to mix in with the three star that takes a few years to build up and coach up.
I don’t think building up is getting to be an option. 3 star players from areas of the country where competition is stiff are more mentally and physically challenged than 3 star players who don’t face daily practice and game competition are not going anywhere near the depth chart

I don’t think building up is getting to be an option. 3 star players from areas of the country where competition is stiff are more mentally and physically challenged than 3 star players who don’t face daily practice and game competition are not going anywhere near the depth chart
I don't know why we struggle so hard getting any 4 star linemen. The Paducah Tilghman OT that is about 6-5 290 and is in the 26 class likes us so maybe in a couple of years he will be a high rated OL. We are just going to have to keep hitting the portal for guys like Mincey and Farmer till that issue can be fixed. Maybe Wolford will be able to break through some.

I don't know why we struggle so hard getting any 4 star linemen. The Paducah Tilghman OT that is about 6-5 290 and is in the 26 class likes us so maybe in a couple of years he will be a high rated OL. We are just going to have to keep hitting the portal for guys like Mincey and Farmer till that issue can be fixed. Maybe Wolford will be able to break through some.
The majority of the 4 star OL UK has brought in have been flops. It has been a while since they have brought in a HS kid that was more than serviceable. The ‘22 is a great example. 3 4 star guys and none played at all. Hall was an injury

The majority of the 4 star OL UK has brought in have been flops. It has been a while since they have brought in a HS kid that was more than serviceable. The ‘22 is a great example. 3 4 star guys and none played at all. Hall was an injury
Yeah, I should have specified 4 star OL that really is 4 star. It's like we don't hardly get a smell anymore from any of those.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
With multiple seasons left, the book is still out on Jager Burton. But your point is well taken, and it is not possible to offer a reasonable rebuttal to it at this time. I feel bad for Nik Hall though. I still think he would have been a good one eventually.

Today, QB Brennen Ward from Columbus, OH, committed to UK's 2025 class. Half of UK's current committed class is now comprised of QBs. They will be needed.

Ward is being recruited by Coach Marrow. At 6'3" 200#, he has good length and a sturdy build. So far, Ward reportedly holds at least 2 SEC, 1 B10, and 4 ACC offers.

I did not think Ward would commit this quickly. Evidently the hiring of Bush Hamdan has played well so far.

Today, QB Brennen Ward from Columbus, OH, committed to UK's 2025 class. Half of UK's current committed class is now comprised of QBs. They will be needed.

Ward is being recruited by Coach Marrow. At 6'3" 200#, he has good length and a sturdy build. So far, Ward reportedly holds at least 2 SEC, 1 B10, and 4 ACC offers.

I did not think Ward would commit this quickly. Evidently the hiring of Bush Hamdan has played well so far.
Yeah, this was a surprise that it happened so quickly. Now comes word Hamdan will meet with Saunders soonest. Hope UK holds onto both and they battle it out for the job.

In related news, TOS has an article up today stating that a cpl of our ‘25 commits received bumps in their 247 recruiting rankings. RB Isaiah West is now a 4* & ranked as the #205 overall player & #11 RB. And, WR Quintin Simmons jumped up to #148 overall & is now the #12 WR in the country, according to 247.

After starting slow in the last 2 recruiting cycles, it looks like we’re off to a good, faster start to this class. Regardless of the relevance of rankings, it’s nice to see our early commits getting some recognition & climbing up the lists. And, with the great start, the potential is there for this class to be historically good by UK standards. Especially, if we can hang onto Saunders.

In related news, TOS has an article up today stating that a cpl of our ‘25 commits received bumps in their 247 recruiting rankings. RB Isaiah West is now a 4* & ranked as the #205 overall player & #11 RB. And, WR Quintin Simmons jumped up to #148 overall & is now the #12 WR in the country, according to 247.

After starting slow in the last 2 recruiting cycles, it looks like we’re off to a good, faster start to this class. Regardless of the relevance of rankings, it’s nice to see our early commits getting some recognition & climbing up the lists. And, with the great start, the potential is there for this class to be historically good by UK standards. Especially, if we can hang onto Saunders.

To my way of thinking, it isn't important how the class starts, or how it is ranked next summer. What matters is what our final class looks like a year from now. I am glad we have these four commitments, but they can't actually sign until December. But I hope all four of these commitments stick.

Last edited:
Yeah, this was a surprise that it happened so quickly. Now comes word Hamdan will meet with Saunders soonest. Hope UK holds onto both and they battle it out for the job.
It's no secret that Stone Saunders' dad is a friend and former coach of Liam Coen. I'm sure Saunders likes our campus and our remaining coaches, or else he would not have committed to UK. But losing Coen to the NFL could cause Saunders to reevaluate. I am not saying he will. IDK. But we are kidding ourselves if we don't acknowledge it could happen. Ward looks like a legitimate SEC prospect. So does Saunders. I think Saunders is a tremendous prospect, and it would hurt to lose him. Numbers-wise, we need both of them in order to have 4 scholarship QBs in 2025. Our coaches have a better handle on Saunders' thoughts than we do, but only Saunders knows. I'm guessing both Ward and Saunders will sign with UK. If Coen had taken a job at another Power 5 university instead of the Bucs, our chances of losing Saunders would be greater.

---
JHS, I've gone completely blank....what is TOS?

Nature of the beast now is for that to happen and the other to move on. RSing and waiting your turn is all but a thing of the past.
Not necessarily. There are examples of both. But, no denying, it is easier to transfer now than before.

Nonetheless, SEC teams still have to recruit and sign the best players they can. One never knows who will stay and who will transfer. Most players who transfer are leaving because they are not playing. There are exceptions, of course.

Not necessarily. There are examples of both. But, no denying, it is easier to transfer now than before.

Nonetheless, SEC teams still have to recruit and sign the best players they can. One never knows who will stay and who will transfer. Most players who transfer are leaving because they are not playing. There are exceptions, of course.

IMO, QBs are the most likely to hit the portal if they aren't getting snaps, even some who are. But only one QB plays a significant number of snaps, barring injury. So if you aren't that guy, you look for other opportunities. BV transferring was looking for playing time. Truthfully I think alot expected him to start after Bennett. But Bect turned out to be better than fans thought he would, me included. I don't know if the comparison with Levis is legit, both are redheads so there is that.

IMO, QBs are the most likely to hit the portal if they aren't getting snaps, even some who are. But only one QB plays a significant number of snaps, barring injury. So if you aren't that guy, you look for other opportunities. BV transferring was looking for playing time. Truthfully I think alot expected him to start after Bennett. But Bect turned out to be better than fans thought he would, me included. I don't know if the comparison with Levis is legit, both are redheads so there is that.
No argument with that, naturally. But it isn't automatic. We still have to recruit the best players we can sign. You never know who will stay and who will leave. Those are individual decisions, and competitive kids can make decisions based on different perspectives.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT