ADVERTISEMENT

Something HAS TO CHANGE!!!

Disagree. Rich Brooks was on a trajectory to great things but Mitch wouldn’t give him the facilities so he left. Brooks over- achieved (beat two top ten teams), also called coaching, and would run circles around Stoops as a coach.
Brooks had his flaws, too, and was already almost 70 when he retired from a very stressful profession...I doubt he would've stayed MUCH longer even if Mitch gave him everything he ever wanted. He's had a great and enviable retirement and I'm glad for him.

30 years since a national title (and going to the playoffs this year) makes them significantly better than 100+ years never winning your conference.

I’m not propping stoops up I’m just saying I think some of y’all are dreamers about who we could get that’s any better. You’re right, we did get lucky with stoops. How likely are we to get lucky again on a no-name?
No one is caring about a 30 yo title. Nor have they made the playoffs yet. However, people do care about money. So, being able to offer twice the pay, the opportunity to coach in the premier football conference and at a school willing to invest heavily in the program, and a fanbase that will immoralize him if he does manage to win big here.

We got lucky with Stoops?

Why would we have to get a no name?

Trying to convince everyone that we can't do better so we should stick with Stoops isn't going to be the sell you think it is. A lot of people are fed up with him and his schtick. He slowly approaching the same fate as Joker.

Reactions: bigbluedon
UK is capped with Stoops it's a fact. Like I've been telling people if you are okay with 7-8 and the occasional 9 win season than fine.

But with the expanded playoffs coming I bet you will see UofL in the playoffs. Yes that's a reflection of their conference but it's a hard pill to swallow knowing we won't ever get in.
That's a great point.....but something else is on the way with the 12 Team playoff...and that is the end of Bowls as we know them. At the present, the rallying cry is "We made it into a Bowl game"...but very soon, making a Bowl-outside the Championsnip Bowls, if the Championships are structured that way) will mean even less than it does now.

Not to belabor the obvious, but American sports fans just aren't about the consolation prize. Anyone seen the old consoation game in the NCAA Basketball Tourney, lately? Talk about a dead horse. The shakers and movers in the old Bowl system fought the Playoffs tooth and nail, because they knew that the Playoffs would inevitably sound the death knell for the old system. Today, making some Bowl at 6-6 or 7-5 team can provide some relief for the Kentucky fan, but a couple of years from now-not so much.

Why? Why does that have to be our peak? Missouri has made the conference championship before, why can’t we? Think we never have a coach or staff work NIL properly, go get a coach who can.

Why? Why does that have to be our peak? Missouri has made the conference championship before, why can’t we? Think we never have a coach or staff work NIL properly, go get a coach who can.
Well, considering next year, the SEC is abolishing the east and west format with the addition of Texas and Oklahoma. Only the top two placed team go to the SEC championship. That will put are chances at slim and none.

Well, considering next year, the SEC is abolishing the east and west format with the addition of Texas and Oklahoma. Only the top two placed team go to the SEC championship. That will put are chances at slim and none.
And Slim has left the building!

No. Comparing 1-11 to 6-6 is stupid as hell. You act like Kentucky is so far beyond 6-6 we should fire the only coach that’s ever had us better than that
Speaking of stupid as hell, you completely misunderstood what I said, but that's not surprising. Anyone who would idolize a 7-5 per year coach can't have the mental capacity to rub two brain cells together. I was saying that even if Stoops shits the bed, he'll still be the winningest coach in history, so that's a stupid reason to want to keep him. Tom Landry was the winningest coach the Dallas Cowboys ever had and he got fired. So what?

Stoops doesn’t get a mulligan from me for this year. No way. This season was his mulligan for last season when he shat the bed. He needs to resign after the bowl game so UK can start moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT