ADVERTISEMENT

Some other 2017 recruits to keep an eye on

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
Yesterday was certainly an exciting day for us, but if you go looking around, you can see some other names popping up for recruits who could commit to Kentucky soon. Let's go over a few.

5 star OT Jedrick Wills
This one is huge. (literally, big kid if you haven't seen him). This state rarely produces 5 star talent, but Wills earned that honor by dominating at all turns. It's terrific that we have a bunch of his friends that are all in to the Kentucky program, and it helps further that we got the ball rolling so well for the class of 2017, and it got rolling in a hurry. Have to think that caught his eye. Fwiw, yet another crystal ball prediction for Wills to UK came in yesterday. Apparently I'm not the only one that caught this vibe.

4 star WR JaVonte Richardson
If you look at his Twitter account, it's all Kentucky, all the time. Retweeting UK fans, retweeting the UK recruiting analysts, following UK players (Dorian Baker), and generally, just posting pro-UK tweets. He took note of our little recruiting invasion of Ohio yesterday, and I think this sets us up in good position with him. I also wouldn't be shocked if UK was the first D1 program to offer him, that's the norm at this point. I like it.

4 star WR/S Danny Davis
I just caught onto this one, actually. UK is trending for him. Kentucky was the first to offer him, Michigan State, Illinois, and Iowa State all followed suit. Right now, Ohio State owns 75% of the crystal ball predictions, but what crystal ball predictions don't they own for top level Ohio talent? I think Kentucky has a solid shot at this kid because of Marrow, the swagger the '17 class has already shown (much like the 2016 class, they're active on social media and are very engaged with one another, constantly trying to bring in other talented players). A lot to be positive about here.

4 star ILB Antwuan Johnson
There's some chatter to this one. Again, Kentucky was the first to offer, lil' bro followed suit. The kid has talked about watching Bud Dupree, and learning from him. He's interested in the UK program. I have no doubt that the other top recruits up in Ohio are in his ear. Have to feel at least somewhat confident here. Doesn't hurt that he goes to the same school that Thaddeus Snodgrass came from. As I said though, it's only chatter, just somebody to keep an eye on.

4 star RB Mohamed Ibrahim
Temple was the first to offer this kid. Iowa State was the second, and Kentucky was the third. He hasn't set up a visit to either of the other schools, and he'll be taking an unofficial to Kentucky this Friday. He's also been active on Twitter, commenting on the number of 4 star recruits that committed to UK yesterday. Seems like a kid that's genuinely interested.

SDE/OLB DeMarco Artis
No ranking here yet, Kentucky is his very first, and only offer. That doesn't worry me, because we're typically the 1st offer for many very good recruits. It was believed that he committed earlier today, but that was actually his friend that got on his phone, went to his Twitter account, and posted the commitment to UK. He's made that clear, but there's an obvious interest here, wouldn't be surprised if this kid pulled the trigger sometime soon.

If any of you all find more info on these guys, feel free to share it! The staff is on the ball with this class, I wanna see how far this thing goes!

We are in good shape with the little back from Georgia, shouldn't say little as the guy is built like a tank. Not real fast but can bull doze some guys and has excellent hands.

I like Ibrahim better though but both are complimentary of each other. But with the other commitment at RB the staff may pass on him.

Adding another one in here.

2017 four-star ATH/RB/SS Devan Barrett
Kid out of Tampa Catholic in Florida. Has a good burst of speed in the open field, and he's very physical. What will it come down to for a school to get him? Well, see for yourself.

I think BBN is pretty hospitable (really, look at his Twitter, he's retweeted like 20 different tweets from UK fans wanting him to go to Kentucky in the past 30 minutes).
Very real possibility that we get him. The other 2017 commits are on him hard. Keep an eye out for this one.

In case anybody wondered, UK was the first to offer him. Florida, Miami, NC State, Duke, USF, FAU, Cincinnati, etc., followed suit.

I'll leave his Hudl highlight below:

Link to Hudl Highlight

Last edited:
Reactions: REVTREAD
BBN clearly doing an awesome job on the recruiting trail as well!

2018 5 star Jermaine Eskridge has been tweeting back and forth with Mac Jones and UK fans all night.

Mac Jones just tweeted "He's got big news coming soon #BBN"

2018 5 star Jermaine Eskridge has been tweeting back and forth with Mac Jones and UK fans all night.

Mac Jones just tweeted "He's got big news coming soon #BBN"

Would be huge for us. Let's lock him up! Going into his sophomore season, and he has offers to play anywhere in the country.

Reactions: Maxwell41
Nice thread! Like the idea of updating this with new additions and kids to keep an eye on. Twitter has been on absolute Fire yesterday and today with kids just eating up the BBN love. My only hope is that they're just not doing it to get followers and RT's. Either way, to have these elite young talents even interested in UK, is amazing in itself. We got something special brewing here I think, and I cannot wait to get this season started to keep the ball rolling.

i think eskridge is visiting for a game this fall. i would assume he'd want to go to the florida game so lets make that night stick out to him boys.

Yesterday was certainly an exciting day for us, but if you go looking around, you can see some other names popping up for recruits who could commit to Kentucky soon. Let's go over a few.

5 star OT Jedrick Wills
This one is huge. (literally, big kid if you haven't seen him). This state rarely produces 5 star talent, but Wills earned that honor by dominating at all turns. It's terrific that we have a bunch of his friends that are all in to the Kentucky program, and it helps further that we got the ball rolling so well for the class of 2017, and it got rolling in a hurry. Have to think that caught his eye. Fwiw, yet another crystal ball prediction for Wills to UK came in yesterday. Apparently I'm not the only one that caught this vibe.

4 star WR JaVonte Richardson
If you look at his Twitter account, it's all Kentucky, all the time. Retweeting UK fans, retweeting the UK recruiting analysts, following UK players (Dorian Baker), and generally, just posting pro-UK tweets. He took note of our little recruiting invasion of Ohio yesterday, and I think this sets us up in good position with him. I also wouldn't be shocked if UK was the first D1 program to offer him, that's the norm at this point. I like it.

4 star WR/S Danny Davis
I just caught onto this one, actually. UK is trending for him. Kentucky was the first to offer him, Michigan State, Illinois, and Iowa State all followed suit. Right now, Ohio State owns 75% of the crystal ball predictions, but what crystal ball predictions don't they own for top level Ohio talent? I think Kentucky has a solid shot at this kid because of Marrow, the swagger the '17 class has already shown (much like the 2016 class, they're active on social media and are very engaged with one another, constantly trying to bring in other talented players). A lot to be positive about here.

4 star ILB Antwuan Johnson
There's some chatter to this one. Again, Kentucky was the first to offer, lil' bro followed suit. The kid has talked about watching Bud Dupree, and learning from him. He's interested in the UK program. I have no doubt that the other top recruits up in Ohio are in his ear. Have to feel at least somewhat confident here. Doesn't hurt that he goes to the same school that Thaddeus Snodgrass came from. As I said though, it's only chatter, just somebody to keep an eye on.

4 star RB Mohamed Ibrahim
Temple was the first to offer this kid. Iowa State was the second, and Kentucky was the third. He hasn't set up a visit to either of the other schools, and he'll be taking an unofficial to Kentucky this Friday. He's also been active on Twitter, commenting on the number of 4 star recruits that committed to UK yesterday. Seems like a kid that's genuinely interested.

SDE/OLB DeMarco Artis
No ranking here yet, Kentucky is his very first, and only offer. That doesn't worry me, because we're typically the 1st offer for many very good recruits. It was believed that he committed earlier today, but that was actually his friend that got on his phone, went to his Twitter account, and posted the commitment to UK. He's made that clear, but there's an obvious interest here, wouldn't be surprised if this kid pulled the trigger sometime soon.

If any of you all find more info on these guys, feel free to share it! The staff is on the ball with this class, I wanna see how far this thing goes!

Could pertain to 2018, but it's recruiting news nonetheless.

Will also add this:

Last edited:
Looks like Patrick Loney may have been referencing this when he said "Tomorrow will be a huge day for Kentucky football if things fall into place"

Reactions: Buelburger
I don't know how to post a tweet but eskridge had a tweet from two hours ago thanking UK fans and said its time to win an sec championship. Sounds like he's on board to me.

I don't know how to post a tweet but eskridge had a tweet from two hours ago thanking UK fans and said its time to win an sec championship. Sounds like he's on board to me.

Seen that as well. That's how I took it. I think we're gonna lock him up!

I'm guessing we have another commitment. Waiting to see who it is. I'm just going to leave this here.

Guessing that's a Yahtzee for Eskridge since Stoops didn't Tweet Yahtzee earlier today. I'd love to be wrong thought! Ha, ha!

Could be. If so, I'm guessing the next commitment will come early next week.

four-star RB Mohammed Ibrahim, four-star DE Joshua Paschal, and three-star OLB/WR Ayinde Eley will visit Kentucky tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ah...Jermaine Eskridge. Anyone remember when he, Mac Jones, Russ Yeast, Mike Warren and James Hudson all committed to Kentucky within a 3-4 day span and everyone was excited beyond belief. Then, not a single one ended up signing with UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT