ADVERTISEMENT

Some optimism from Norlander on our situation

Jkwo

All-American
Apr 6, 2007
I know everybody is starting to enjoy a good pity party, but let me sprinkle a little hope into the mix from one of the most connected media guys in CBB:

image-2024-04-18-202205985.png

I've watch several games from BYU, Utah st.
1st upgrade in talent pope needs to make is inside. He has to have a inside presence. It would improve his offense and defense tremendously.
2nd. Upgrade is a lead guard. Someone who can put pressure on the ball at the point, and breakdown a defense when they defend his actions!
These 2 things would take his team to another level IMO.

I think some of us forget these are major life decisions for these young men. It's not like asking a buddy to go grab White Castle and it's a quick yes and on the move you go. The dominoes will fall eventually.

While I have zero “intel” I’d say Pope has his team…granted it’s close to the chest, but they’re verbally committed bit he’s waiting to formally announce everything all at once. Pope puts me in mind of a no variation personna that loves efficiency and streamlining…no need to tie up countless minutes for “announcements” (good or bad) so I expect a massive press release once the coaches are solidified and Coach Pope is ready.

Encouraging.

We are starting completely over. No need to rush it, and several players have yet to hit the portal.

The Hart hire seems universally loved by the CBB folks, so hopefully they reel us in a nice roster.
Agree, if Hart is as much a warrior as a coach as he was as a player, he should be great. Coaches with passion is something uk fans are not used too.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT