ADVERTISEMENT

So, Stoops' talent evaluation may have taken another step

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
If you count all recruiting services, UK had a total of 6 four-star players.

Jackson
Young
Leavitt
Griffin
Daniel
Hoak

Well now, add Grant McKinniss (a punter commit) to the list of four-star players.

UK commitment Grant McKinniss has been ranked as a four-star recruit by Scout.com, making him one of only three players at the position to earn that designation.

UCLA commitment Bailey Raborn and Ohio State commitment Drue Chrisman are considered the Nos. 1 and 2 punters in the class of 2016, respectively. McKinniss is ranked No. 3 nationally.

The future Wildcat averaged 41 yards per punt as a junior last season for Findlay (Ohio). He also made 40 of 42 extra-point attempts and set a school record with a 53-yard field goal.

Congratulations to the young man in his ranking promotion at an incredibly difficult position to get one, and terrific eye by the staff.

Jackson
Young
Leavitt
Griffin
Daniel
Hoak

Well now, add Grant McKinniss (a punter commit) to the list of four-star players.

UK commitment Grant McKinniss has been ranked as a four-star recruit by Scout.com, making him one of only three players at the position to earn that designation.

UCLA commitment Bailey Raborn and Ohio State commitment Drue Chrisman are considered the Nos. 1 and 2 punters in the class of 2016, respectively. McKinniss is ranked No. 3 nationally.

The future Wildcat averaged 41 yards per punt as a junior last season for Findlay (Ohio). He also made 40 of 42 extra-point attempts and set a school record with a 53-yard field goal.

Congratulations to the young man in his ranking promotion at an incredibly difficult position to get one, and terrific eye by the staff.

Like the way this class looks...looking back the '14 class had something like 15 different players rated 4-star by at least one service..this is a really good class, but when you look back at that '14 class it was just ridiculous how much talent we brought in..I do love the offensive line haul we're bringing in this time though..our in-state talent really helped us in that area..in order to get back to recruiting like that '14 class we need to have a nice 7 or 8-win season..recruits want to see wins now because we can't sell guaranteed immediate playing time like we once could

Kid has a heck of a leg. Yet another great find by our staff. Just hope the offense is clicking enough where he doesn't get used very often.

Orcat and bluescat, I am thinking McGinnis will handle field goals for the next three Years. I was talking about McKinniss replacing Foster as our punter.

Jackson
Young
Leavitt
Griffin
Daniel
Hoak

Kickers and punters never get ranked higher than a 3, and are just as likely, maybe even more so, likely to make a game winning "play" as any position. I guess its because their measurables aren't what the analysis are looking for.

UK has always had good punters.

Sarcasm or not, we have been blessed with some really good punters over the years. I'll take that as a compliment. Paul Calhoun was a real weapon back in the 80s, the kid under GuyMo that could bench 400 (name escapes me), Mastay, and Foster is pretty solid this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT