ADVERTISEMENT

So, Miami has a basketball message board...interesting thread

bigbluelou

All-SEC
Apr 13, 2011
More active than I would have thought. This particular thread has 749 posts and opens with keys to beating Kentucky and rolls right into the game thread. Didn't read the whole thing but enough to get a feel for it. Some of their fans are actually pretty insightful. Like most message boards, you've got the "refs suck" and "UK couldn't miss and we couldn't do anything right" etc., but for the most part, it was a pretty fair discussion with respect given to the Cats.

Anyway, feel free to read or peruse at your leisure...or don't.

Larry David No GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

More active than I would have thought. This particular thread has 749 posts and opens with keys to beating Kentucky and rolls right into the game thread. Didn't read the whole thing but enough to get a feel for it. Some of their fans are actually pretty insightful. Like most message boards, you've got the "refs suck" and "UK couldn't miss and we couldn't do anything right" etc., but for the most part, it was a pretty fair discussion with respect given to the Cats.

Anyway, feel free to read or peruse at your leisure...or don't.
Actually the meltdown is quite exquisite during the game. They hate the refs and called the fans hicks and said the fix was in for UK. Tasty tears.

On the bright side, a bunch of their avatars have some tasty chicks with boobs hanging out.

Last edited:
They sound like many here when we are losing, it's the refs.......
I never, ever really buy into the whole refs argument. If you make situations that could go either way, you're just asking for an outcome you won't like. Do all the important things right, and in the end it won't matter. We've got a team that overwhelmingly does the right things, so I think there's been a lot less of the "refs hate us" talk this year.

I never, ever really buy into the whole refs argument. If you make situations that could go either way, you're just asking for an outcome you won't like. Do all the important things right, and in the end it won't matter. We've got a team that overwhelmingly does the right things, so I think there's been a lot less of the "refs hate us" talk this year.
The refs once of twice every year or 2 do actually cost most EVERY team a game unfairly . BUT it ain't every lose or even 1/5 of them. Now what they did to UK vs UNC in the elite 8 or the national title game against UConn is beyond the pale . And their were a few other ones . Or in a non uk game from another sport that always sticks in my mind is the BCS title game in 2002 when UM won the title til a ref threw a horseshite PI call 10 seconds after the game ended to allow Ohio Taint to win the title . It happens in all sports especially college sports but it ain't Anywhere near the level people act but it is real for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT