ADVERTISEMENT

Small Forward spot

Just because he’s 6’7”, doesn’t mean he can guard the four. You will never see him guard the power forward position unless it’s a switch.
Pro's measured Robinson at 6-4.75 without shoes. If we miss on Lanier and Robinson I would like to see us get a couple young guys to develop. Maybe a 5 and a 4. We have 6 guys that can play the two guard positions and three of them are seniors and one sophomore. We have hardened veterans at all positions.

Oweh is 6’4 or 6’5 and 215 lbs. and known as a great defender. I think he can guard most 3’s.

If Quickley and Briscoe (both 6’3) can play the 3 in the SEC, Oweh can as well.

Brea will be fine as well.

Almonor might be able to slide to the 3, if we face a team with a big SF.
That is my thought on Almonor. He gets a few minutes per game at 4 and maybe 10+ in certain matchups but there may be some games he gets 10 minutes at the 3. Probably not many games but he has enough athleticism to give you minutes there in certain matchups.

And does anyone else see a bit of Heshimu Evans in Almonor? He's not as athletic but fits a similar role and has a weird looking but effective shot. I can't help but think that Pope saw a bit of that outside the metrics... Evans came from Manhattan college I believe?...

This Colin chandler is 6’6” now #28 recruit on espn in 2022 so he’s a 21 year old freshman. He can probably play the wing if we need

Reactions: ukfan1622
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT