ADVERTISEMENT

Small coaching update from MJ

Reactions: WeWant9
I think the posting period is such a stupid rule in regards to coaching positions. I get it for other “state jobs” but it would literally just take an added clause to waive it for public universities. It isn’t adhered to anyways…the jobs aren’t even posted typically until they already secured who is filling it
Exactly and nobody has ever actually applied seriously thru the site anyway. Even if they did they wouldn’t get it, probably don’t even look at them.

Reactions: EliteBlue and BBUK
I wonder what the other two positions will be. I assume 1 is for that GM/NIL manager position they were discussing, but what of this other one? Or is the GM/NIL guy going to be one of the 3 assistants so he can go on recruiting trips with/for the HC? Either way we should all by mid-end of next week if not sooner.
I definitely think the GM/NIL guy should be on recruiting trips. It’s the most important thing now.

Reactions: WeWant9
Too Bobby Knight-ish....we can't have that vibe around the program

I got your Bobby Knight!!!

indiana-chair.gif

4g9h8A.gif

• Haha
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Depends on the particular role. What's the difference between Associate Coach and Assistant Coach? Would think Associate would be the two spots closest to the Head Coach.
I’m guessing assistants can recruit, associate coaches can’t.
Says only three of his staff can recruit and two can’t. That would align.

Give me a coach like Scott Padgett already breaking down film on SEC coaches with the title assistant to the Head Coach title under Chris Jans. He is doing it for Mississippi State, no reason he shouldn't be doing it here in some capacity on this staff. An assistant familiar with the league would be beneficial to a new coaching staff for Pope. Doesn't hurt that he has some HC experience, played for like Pitino, Tubby, Jerry Sloan & Jeff Van Gundy. 8 years in the NBA and played overseas in Spain. That is a lot of experience at different levels this sport has to offer. Not to mention being a Kentucky guy. Some people have been overly dismissive of Kentucky players on the staff because it sounds good to say they aren't qualified. I don't feel that way at with Padgett for the above reasons and a young guy like Ulis having been in these guys shoes not long ago. Great for player-relations.

I doubt he's pegging anyone.

That's kind of Arkansas’s thing.
Pegging fellow coaches was certainly against the BYU honor code. He shouldn't have an issue with that here though.
Just an old saying what I’m referring to is that he’s already got his coaches lined up he just can’t announce them until the postings come due to expire.

• Haha
Reactions: WildcatNC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT