ADVERTISEMENT

Silver/Gold "stacking"

Thanks, doc.
How about this? Why are Chinos; the saudis, Russians and many more opposed to the dollar dominance stockpiling gold and silver like never before? It’s simple. Because it’s a tangible commodity that hedges against inflation. It’s like owning real estate. Hell it’s the same because it’s part of the earth. So your question shouldn’t be “why people do this” it’s should be “why are governments around the globe backing up the trucks”?

There are two types of investor. Those with faith in markets and those with faith in themselves, at the end of the day precious metals and real estate are the only two viable investments for those who have little to no faith in markets. You’re talking 3/4 (actually a lot more) of the global population currently.

If SHTF and you’re needing gold to buy things why do you even want to be around? I just hope I die in the bombings.
You’re making an assumption that a SHTF scenario is military or asteroid. In a 20 year period of time there were 3 events that had the potential to be shtf scenarios. 9/11 and subsequent wars, financial crash in 08 (the Great Recession) and COVID. All were propped up by fictitious printed money. The fact none of those triggered a shtf scenario is because of full blown Keynesian measures we are just beginning to get the bill for. In the most logical shtf scenario another trigger occurs, another bill gates predicted special hits and the economy collapses. Biggest bubble in world history is the fiat currency. Where will you go if it busts ?

Honestly thought that was pretty good. I remember kids getting in fights over your momma jokes and I was like but you know what he said isn’ttrue so why would you care?

Taking all of that at face value, then what is the point of purchasing minted rounds and coins, rather than just buying big ass bricks of silver at a discount?

My friend does hammered work and small casting pours. Rounds are great for that, again, at the right price. He doesn't overpay. "Big ass bricks of silver" that aren't authenticated aren't likely pure silver. There are a LOT of frauds out there selling "silver" in coin and brick that is not likely either.

Real coins that were cast with some silver in them can be bought, and if the price is right he buys certain coins. Some aren't worth the trouble, but some he turns into some great jewelry. Always lets his buyers know what they are made from. He doesn't need to work, so he gets what he charges.

Just like anything else, all depends on what you got in it and expect to get out of it.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Silver is entirely too hard to cast bullets from. No rifling. Might as well just use a blunderbuss and throw a bunch of coins in there.

Grain is the way to go. Shotgun for spread and to disable. Axe to cut off the head while they down. Colloidal Silver if there's too many of them and you don't have much time for head removal.

Werewolf with a Silmaril in its belly. Just run

Grain is the way to go. Shotgun for spread and to disable. Axe to cut off the head while they down. Colloidal Silver if there's too many of them and you don't have much time for head removal.

Werewolf with a Silmaril in its belly. Just run
What nationality is a Silmaril? ;) Is he or she unusually small or is that just one big Werewolf?

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang
You’re making an assumption that a SHTF scenario is military or asteroid. In a 20 year period of time there were 3 events that had the potential to be shtf scenarios. 9/11 and subsequent wars, financial crash in 08 (the Great Recession) and COVID. All were propped up by fictitious printed money. The fact none of those triggered a shtf scenario is because of full blown Keynesian measures we are just beginning to get the bill for. In the most logical shtf scenario another trigger occurs, another bill gates predicted special hits and the economy collapses. Biggest bubble in world history is the fiat currency. Where will you go if it busts ?
This.

The United States is coming up on surpassing $32 Trillion in debt. In the next couple of weeks, the Fed Funds rate will likely increse to 5.25%. Most of the debt will need to be refinanced at this rate over the next year or so.

It will then cost the American tax payer $1.7 Trillion to service the debt. Last year, tax revenues were $4.9 tillion.

Over 34% of US income is going to service the national debt. How do you think our government is going to pay for all of this? Most likely by trying to print their way out of it like they did during COVID.

The asteroid or military scenarios may be preferable to hyperinflation.

Google Weimar Germany and see how gold and silver performed there after WWII, when the Germans had to print to pay off reparations. Then tell me why keeping a couple of ounces of gold or silver in your sock drawer doesnt make a little bit of sense.

Honestly thought that was pretty good. I remember kids getting in fights over your momma jokes and I was like but you know what he said isn’ttrue so why would you care?
I had a couple friends that were brothers and they burned each other with mom jokes with regular frequency.

Reactions: warrior-cat
I wonder how a Kangal would match up against a Wolfman?
I keep telling my wife that will be my next dog. I have a mix breed of Anatolian Shepherd/Pyrenees which the Anatolian looks like the Kangal. Afterall, both breeds come from the Anatolian region of Turkey with the Kangal being the bigger of the two breeds. There is also a third breed from that region that is even bigger. It is called the Malakli and looks similar. The Anatolian being the smallest can weigh up to around 120-150 pounds or so and ours is just above 120lbs. While looking like the Kangal in the face, she has the Pyrenees fur so, she looks even bigger.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT