ADVERTISEMENT

Siena expects to lose Almonor to UK

It is surprising to me that he didn't have any better offers than Siena.
Me too but we shall see how good he is. I’ll take someone with D1 experience that shoots 40% from 3 at his size. I mean he will be a decent practice player at worst. Maybe he has a game or 2 he plays well or turns out better than expected.

These are to me the sneaky kind of pick up’s that will take help us be better come tourney time. Just is. I have friends that will say damn my church league team wouldn’t even accept him , but hell they said that about Richardson too.

I like adding him. He isn’t a starter but Damn we need some good bench pieces that not only help us in games but pushes us in practice

everyone thinks he isn't good because he played for a smaller school. Yet we had our guys transfer and we were ranked in the top 50 based on what exactly? This guy is a pretty good get..

Reactions: deep3
It is surprising to me that he didn't have any better offers than Siena.
Yeah a few these last few recruits, well, I kinda expected more of a grand finally type boom. I’ll be happy to give benefit of the doubt but I have some reservations about playing up to SEC talent that is hungry to embarrass a new coach.

These are to me the sneaky kind of pick up’s that will take help us be better come tourney time. Just is. I have friends that will say damn my church league team wouldn’t even accept him , but hell they said that about Richardson too.

I like adding him. He isn’t a starter but Damn we need some good bench pieces that not only help us in games but pushes us in practice
I bet nobody wanted this dude either.

gettyimages-2102954533.jpg

its came to what we have 10 guys on our roster. The guy averaged over 15 a game and shot around 40 percent on 3 point percentage. Not a lot of players willing to come off the bench. People don't know how to evaluate transfer talent properly. Most of the same complaining about players when we are winning will disappear

Haha Siena Saints by me? That's a surprise.

The one wrinkle here is that Siena just hired Syracuse championship legend, Gerry McNamara. Young guy, good basketball career so far, I could see him having some pull for Siena.

A fun fact about Siena: Fran McCaffrey coached there before he went to Iowa.. and they had a pretty good team from 2008 to 2011. A few tournament upsets.

All that said, I'd be surprised if they win this recruiting battle. Picking a first year coach at a midmajor over UK? Thats very risky. And there is no way Siena has anything more than a McDouble for this kid in the way of NIL. He ain't getting 6 figures to play at Siena.

its came to what we have 10 guys on our roster. The guy averaged over 15 a game and shot around 40 percent on 3 point percentage. Not a lot of players willing to come off the bench. People don't know how to evaluate transfer talent properly. Most of the same complaining about players when we are winning will disappear
Yeah, I trust our coach, who won a national championship, played in the NBA and coached at a D1 school over these keyboard warriors.

This is an upperclassman forward that's got tournament experience, shoots a really good clip from 3, and has some toughness. Has good grades and by all accounts isn't going to come in here expecting anything to be handed to him.

It ain't gonna get much better than that for an 8th, 9th, or 10th man.

We've gotta realize we're not gonna find many 6'7 guys who can shoot 39% from 3 on high volume and adequately guard multiple positions (while also not wanting big NIL $ or guaranteed minutes).

This guy is questionable based on our needs. It will come at the expense of Robinson or Lanier
Unlikely. You were never getting both Robinson and Lanier, and it was less likely you were getting Robinson specifically, which is probably why Pope has gone all in on Lanier. Robinson is going to try his best to stay in the draft, looking for some 2nd round guarantee. It has also been reported that his family wasn't keen on changing schools again. But more than that, those 2 aren't really playing the same position as this guy. Those are play making wings, this guy is more spot up undersized 4.

Excuse me but what are you so confused about? Your post is way more questionable than mine.
Your post is questionable because you can't help but let everyone know that you don't really think Pope can do the job here. You admittedly stated that you're putting blind faith in him, and that you're "choosing" to trust him, as if Pope really cares whether you do or not. I'm not saying you're a bad fan, but I don't know why so many people just have to let everyone else know that they don't really think he's up to the task.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT