ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP:https://www.si.com/college/kentucky/men-s-basketball/kentucky-receives-crystal-ball-for-talented-forward-in-the-transfer-portal

The writer of that article seems to think he’s a good addition. I can’t imagine getting too many seniors who scored 16 a game and shoot 40% from 3 to come off the bench though. Pretty awesome depth piece if he translates to a better conference.
And it's not like there was a small sample size on his threes like Oweh, for example.

This kid made 93 threes last season and his 75 the season before that.

For a comparison, Sheppard made 75 last season.

"You have to think that the Kentucky Wildcats have completed their starting lineup and are now looking for role players to come off the bench. "

^
|
||

I would feel fine about Almonor as an addition but I'm not buying this line.

Be it Lanier, Robinson, Poplar, Almonor, Achor, or someone else, the dude we're chiefly gunning for right now is not a dude who will come off the bench. We have a very strong cast. We need a centerpiece.

Let's see how these guys actually play before we start giving out starting spots. Maybe one of these guys you folks have coming off the bench wants it more, only time will tell. Who predicted Reevrs would contend for SEC player of year when he signed. I didn't see anybody say that when he signed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT