ADVERTISEMENT

Shareef o' Neal 2018

Wall2Boogie

All-American
Jan 28, 2010
I know bagley is the big prize for 2018, but where do we stand with him. He's only 6'9 and wouldn't effect bagley at all. I noticed first puke isn't recruiting him and secondly we haven't offered him. Is this because cal likes to do it in a formal setting whether it be an in home visit or on an official visit? Would really love to get him he's ranked 16th and you know he will grow some more plus having shaq at games would be nice as well. Anyone know the latest on his recruitment?

Didn't shaq say he wanted him to play for cal? He has interest in uk and I think cal does as well after 2017 is finalized I think it will heat up

Reactions: EliteBlue
Didn't shaq say he wanted him to play for cal? He has interest in uk and I think cal does as well after 2017 is finalized I think it will heat up
Sure did:

Shaquille O'Neal: Son Shareef Should Play for John Calipari at Kentucky

"My dad actually wants me to lean towards Kentucky," O'Neal told 247Sports. "He has a good friendship with the coach there. I know a lot about that school because a lot of kids dream about going there. I like their style of play."

The elder O'Neal said he wants Shareef to lean toward Kentucky because of what Calipari can teach him about self-discipline.

"I've said that," Shaq said on his podcast. "The reason why Kentucky [was] because the potential my father saw in me and him knowing that I was gonna go to the next level, I definitely see it in Shareef. The reason why he trusted me with Dale Brown was because he knew Dale Brown could get me to that next level. Not playing-wise or coaching-wise ... discipline-wise."

No way Cal wouldn't let him come to UK even if he was a 3 star, Cal is a marketing genius, Shaq is marketable.
I agree with this. Cal can make the program even more marketable, plus if he's half as good as his dad he could be a stud. He has risen in the rankings he was a 4 star originally

Reactions: Deli owl and UKUGA
I'd take him if he was a one star. No way you turn away someone like that.

Reactions: UKUGA
Looked like he could shoot and handle the ball a whole lot better than daddy in that video and he's only in high school. I'd take a chance.

A: Wonder if Shareef would go as a walkon? I mean does he really need a scholly?
B: Shareef was recently in a footlocker commercial.
C: Lots of former NBA player kids coming on. Oneal, Manute Bols son, Greg Anthonys boy, Ron Artests kid, LBJ Jr coming to a recruting visit to your school soon....

Having Shaq on our side and at the games would be great.....but shaq has an ego....the second he feels his son is getting PT or being used right, you.m can bet he will say something.

Sure did:

Shaquille O'Neal: Son Shareef Should Play for John Calipari at Kentucky

"My dad actually wants me to lean towards Kentucky," O'Neal told 247Sports. "He has a good friendship with the coach there. I know a lot about that school because a lot of kids dream about going there. I like their style of play."

The elder O'Neal said he wants Shareef to lean toward Kentucky because of what Calipari can teach him about self-discipline.

"I've said that," Shaq said on his podcast. "The reason why Kentucky [was] because the potential my father saw in me and him knowing that I was gonna go to the next level, I definitely see it in Shareef. The reason why he trusted me with Dale Brown was because he knew Dale Brown could get me to that next level. Not playing-wise or coaching-wise ... discipline-wise."

He could walk on no problem

Having Shaq on our side and at the games would be great.....but shaq has an ego....the second he feels his son is getting PT or being used right, you.m can bet he will say something.

I doubt that myself. He may have an ego but he's very smart. He talks about why he wants him at UK and it's because of discipline. I think he would be great for UK, ego and all. Not to mention fun!

I think at this point no one knows anything about where he is going or leaning. Plenty of time for Cal to get involved. If the kid is good enough to play at UK Cal will recruit him, if not Oh Well. I like Shaq and I think having his son at UK would be a very positive thing for future recruits to see. Just think about it. Big Blue Madness with Shaq interacting with recruits, especially big men.

I doubt that myself. He may have an ego but he's very smart. He talks about why he wants him at UK and it's because of discipline. I think he would be great for UK, ego and all. Not to mention fun!

I never said he didn't like the idea at the moment. But I wouldn't put it passed Shaq to say how he really feels if something doesn't go how he wants.

I've only seen him play one game (HoopHall Classic in Jan.), so I can't judge a kid by one game. However, he was invisible and showed nothing. Would not have even noticed him had I not known he was Shaq's son.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT