ADVERTISEMENT

Shamar Porter

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
From an article on the top prospects in Tenn.

3) Shamar Porter | WR | Ensworth (Nashville)​

4-star WR Shamar Porter
(Photo: George Walker IV/The Tennessean, USA TODAY Sports)
247Sports rank: 4-star | 92 rating | No. 186 Overall | No. 21 WR
Recruitment status: Committed to Kentucky
Measurables: 6-3 | 192
Scouting report: Verified at 6-foot-3 and 190-pounds plus, possesses ideal length and growth potential to add additional weight to his frame. Flashes good athleticism at the receiver position. Displays above average initial quickness and suddenness off the line of scrimmage and at the top of the route. Shows the ability to get in and out of breaks quickly, flashing some natural route running and separation ability. Appears to have above average play speed. Not typically known for his deep ball ability, but has more of a skill set that lends to his frame. Understands how to utilize his size and plays with a wide catch radius. Exhibits adequate play strength after the catch, flashes some wiggle and make you miss ability as a runner. Will need a year or two to continue to fully develop into his frame and add some polish to his route running ability, but has a chance to be a high level contributor by year three. Projects to a multi-year starter at the next level with athletic developmental upside. Limited production this year as a junior, missed time with a shoulder injury. – 247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Cooper Petagna
NFL Draft projection: 4-7 Round (Day 3)

I don't know how fast he is or anything, but I like the video from this kid:

At least under the video, he is a tough runner that just seems to refuse to get taken down. Not the biggest guy at 6'1 and 170, but plays hard. I don't see him on any recruiting sites, so he doesn't seem to have any attention, but would love to see a guy that plays that hard as a PWO at UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT