ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Question: Did Anybody Actually Think We Would Win with 5:00 min to go up 6?

UKMKG

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2012
If you didn’t see that prototypical Cal Collapse coming in the final 4 minutes then I don’t know what to tell you at this point.

As long as he is coaching we simply can’t have any confidence that we will ever close out a big game.

Guarantee you we get ousted in the tourney in the EXACT same manner. Stall ball final four minutes by Collapsing Cal.

I think I assumed defeat when we were I believe up 11 and Reed turned it over in the lane. Kansas went down and got an and 1. I just felt it leave us at that moment.

I think I assumed defeat when we were I believe up 11 and Reed turned it over in the lane. Kansas went down and got an and 1. I just felt it leave us at that moment.
Same. That's about the time my box died, but I felt it to. Like, when even Reed is making dumb mistakes, I knew the pressure was too much.

The impending ass puckering was inevitable...

gao4c1J.png

I was hoping we had enough scorers to win but Cal did what he always does.

He took our Reed combined w Dilly already being in the bench and instead tried to get as big as possible. At one point we had Mitchell and Burks in together w Edwards Reeves, Wagner. Edwards and Wagner were absolute no shoes and the moment was too big for them. That left Reeves to try to go do it on his own. Instead of having multiple shooters on the floor and playing small ball that got us the lead.

That’s not even to mention that the only reason we lost the lead coming out of half is bc Cal clearly emphasized Wagner and Edwards getting going at halftime and they came out forcing the issue while Reed and Dilly chilled on the bench.

He took our Reed combined w Dilly already being in the bench and instead tried to get as big as possible. At one point we had Mitchell and Burks in together w Edwards Reeves, Wagner. Edwards and Wagner were absolute no shoes and the moment was too big for them. That left Reeves to try to go do it on his own. Instead of having multiple shooters on the floor and playing small ball that got us the lead.

That’s not even to mention that the only reason we lost the lead coming out of half is bc Cal clearly emphasized Wagner and Edwards getting going at halftime and they came out forcing the issue while Reed and Dilly chilled on the bench.
And when he did put Dilly back in, Dilly well.....dillyed poorly.

I am over and done with this Kansas game. It is what it is at this point. If we knew Wagner and Edwards were going to have awful games, Reeves shooting 3 for 1000 from 3 we would have all thought the 100 to 40 win for Kansas. We hung in despite that and despite Cal. Next big game is Miami and they do not look like they did last year but will come into Rupp and hit crazy shots for sure. Hope we see 14 feet 3 inches of more players by then but kind of doubt it. I think we are a day or two away from Cal announcing the first full practice of Bradshaw, soreness and more treatment is needed for the young man and then the announcement of the NCAA is waiting on more info on Big Z to make a decision, something Kentucky did not "provide".

Seriously, stop blaming Cal for last night. I thought the coaching staff did a great job with this roster that had a big size/rebounding deficit. The team got tired at the finish line and Kansas made the plays to win.
If one of our 7 footers had been playing, this would have negated the Dickinson advantage enough to win this game
This team is in for a great season

I’ll say the way we ended the first half concerned me. We went way to early to turn the ball over and then let ku drill a three. That obviously didn’t lose us the game, but it showed this team is not ready yet for late game situations.

When we got down towards the end, we got away from the ball movement and everyone went into hero mode and started jacking up bad shots.

Seriously, stop blaming Cal for last night. I thought the coaching staff did a great job with this roster that had a big size/rebounding deficit. The team got tired at the finish line and Kansas made the plays to win.
If one of our 7 footers had been playing, this would have negated the Dickinson advantage enough to win this game
This team is in for a great season
You're right, this one wasn't on him. But we have a lot of folks are just flat out over Cal. They hate his guts for various reasons. Getting online to vent is almost as much fun as winning the game for some.

Reactions: jauk11
Up 6 with the ball, I started to believe then a turnover and 3 by KU and the game was over in 20 seconds.

It’s like the final 2 minutes of the first half in football games. Both coaches pucker up, get too conservative and the players stop playing. Death, taxes and UK coach stubbornness.

Brandon Boston says Cal doesn’t play favorites, but I was hoping we hit a few shots at the end.
Once we started squeezing the ball I excepted the worst, I expect Cal to say he did it on purpose because the players were out of gas.
Just like every year Tubby saying we are going to push the ball. Lol

Helllll no. I fully expected to lose at that point, because I have watched the dipshit in charge do it time after time. At this point if it is a big game there is a 90% chance we are losing. That's just how it is, and above all else that's why I cant stand Cal anymore. Look, I want to be positive. I want to expect to win, but doing so would mean I've lost my mind. It wouldn't be having a positive outlook; it would be delusion. As long as Cal is here, if it's a big game, we are probably losing. We just are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT