ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage

Saw we were 43rd in a recruiting ranking. Was about 12th in the SEC.
Not sure if it included portal transfers but still….

Saw we were 43rd in a recruiting ranking. Was about 12th in the SEC.
Not sure if it included portal transfers but still….
2022 is worse than that. We're 58th in recruiting. Part of that is due to just having 8 freshmen, and to be fair, those freshmen have a pretty decent average rating. For 2023, we have a higher ranking of around 41st, with 14 commits, but the average is much lower.

Regardless, I think that under Mingione UK will almost entirely focus on the portal and will not really look to make a big impact through freshman recruiting. Portal class was ranked 6th and we will see a roster that will likely feature a transfer at every position except maybe catcher.

Reactions: KYExtemper
It does not. There are only six freshmen. The other two were drafted and signed. This is the last, I believe, where the previous recruiting coordinator was the primary recruiter.

Reactions: Kybluedude
I went to the scrimmage and stayed for 6 innings.

The starting lineup was Waldschmidt RF
McCoy 3B
Burkes C
Stanke DH
Gilliam 1B
Gray CF
Felker LF
Smith SS
Pitre 2B

I believe the starting pitcher was Logan Martin and I think Bosma followed him. Martin did okay but Bosma struggled if it was him.

We hit the ball extremely well with McCoy and Gilliam leading the way. McCoy had a HR and double and Gilliam had 2 doubles that I saw. We were aggressive on the bases which was good to see as well. The bottom of the lineup did not do much from what I recall.

Ming was coaching 3B.

I went to the scrimmage and stayed for 6 innings.

The starting lineup was Waldschmidt RF
McCoy 3B
Burkes C
Stanke DH
Gilliam 1B
Gray CF
Felker LF
Smith SS
Pitre 2B

I believe the starting pitcher was Logan Martin and I think Bosma followed him. Martin did okay but Bosma struggled if it was him.

We hit the ball extremely well with McCoy and Gilliam leading the way. McCoy had a HR and double and Gilliam had 2 doubles that I saw. We were aggressive on the bases which was good to see as well. The bottom of the lineup did not do much from what I recall.

Ming was coaching 3B.

Great information there. Much appreciated. Don't know much about the game, but I think I saw where UK was leading by a good number early... maybe 8 to 2 or 6 to 2. Can't remember. So, that they got 4 more runs makes it likely that those came a bit later against bullpen arms.

Xavier finished last year 33-27 and had an RPI of 62. They really struggled against Q1 teams going just 2-13. They started 2022 0-9 with losses to Bama, Oregon State, NKU, and Louisville. Brutal starting schedule there. They also faced USCe, Coastal Carolina, Indiana, Michigan, and Tennessee in the year. Also played Connecticut in conference. Not a horrible team by any means.

Surprised that Kendall Ewell wasn’t in the starting line up for either fall game, expected him to be a middle of the order bat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT