ADVERTISEMENT

scholarships left and who is likely?

Good enough for what?

To make the NCAA tourney? Maybe

To be a top 25 team, SEC contender? Doubtful

Robinson would be a huge help. I have no idea where any scoring is going to come from other than Brea. On paper this seems like a team that is going to struggle to get to 70

Pope had a massive challenge and I think did a solid job but let’s not act like this is a great roster.

Every very good to great team has at least one to two elite studs. Maybe one of these guys will be that but I’m not sure who it is.
We don’t know what Travis Perry or Chandler Collins add. Should we temper our expectations? Sure. However, the other 7 guys combined to average around 68 ppg last season. Add the 2 freshman and one more dude like Robinson. I think we can average 70-80 ppg.

One huge difference. We have some defensive studs on this team, so we won’t need to score 90+ like last year.

Age and experience is underrated, we will have it in bunches next year. It begins to show late in the season and really shows in the NCAA's and conference tournaments. I'm looking forward to next season, I think we will all be happy, plus we will add at least 2 more players and the staff knows exactly what we need.

I think on the Leach report they taped an interview from yesterday where Pope specifically called out a 3-4 type hybrid that’s a shot maker I think. Don’t quote me verbatim. A guy who can spell Carr and also get minutes at the 3(potentially even start there) makes a lot of sense.

Who that guy is? That’s a little harder to tell but someone like Kriisa came out of nowhere and even to a lesser extent Garrison.
Give me

Chaz Lanier - 6'4" shooting guard
Jaxson Robinson - 6'7" small forward
A 6'7" to 6'9" hybrid forward like you said Pope was talking about that's big enough to bang inside & can shoot the 3 well enough to play some at the small forward.

Add these 3 to the 9 players we've got & Pope might be ready to make something special happen.

Jaxson Robinson likely.
Jaylen Wells would be nice if he leaves the draft.
Lanier would be huge but I kinda not see him coming here.
Richmond I think goes elsewhere.
Poplar would be a good get.
Achor would be quality depth.
Then a large amount of depth pieces to choose from for the last spot.
I think Richmond ends up at EKU.

Reactions: d2atTech
How I hate NIL. Free scholarships and NIL money. Just make no sense to me. Pretty soon we are going to be able to trade player's mid-season.

I don't hate NIL. Should never have been against the rules. The NCAA neutering itself under the Emmert leadership is what is hateful. The players build a name for themselves through hard work and shouldn't be denied NIL. The NCAA "leadership" should've been proactive on this decades ago, but got greedy and overlord-like. Now it's not even NIL.

Reactions: delk4three
Ding ding ding, hopefully enough or we can raise enough to get 2 more absolute college studs. I’ll donate $200 bucks to get the ball rolling. I need about 10k matching donations and we got this.
I know Mitch said UK got $4 mill from donors not named Craft on day one when Pope was hired. What did the Crafts give and what do we expect the current roster to make individually in NIL as opposed to sponsorships?

Reactions: Fox2monk
I know Mitch said UK got $4 mill from donors not named Craft on day one when Pope was hired. What did the Crafts give and what do we expect the current roster to make individually in NIL as opposed to sponsorships?
I dunno but if that is outside the Crafts I’d say we can afford more.

Reactions: wccat2969
Also tells you how much Cal had isolated himself and alienated the donors.
No doubt and it really ticks me off now he’s all the sudden buddy buddy with Arkansas donors and ready to raid the portal. Every move he’s made recently erases even the great portion of his tenure here. Definitely not how I thought it would end. I figured around 2019 he would retire a legend here.

My guess is we end up with a Baylor Big man (unless he signed already) and that is for next year over this upcoming year.

Then we get 3 that are the top of remaining guys.
Robinson, Achor those types. No idea who but probably 2 that can play the 4 or 3 position and 1 that is a pure scorer (robinsion or someone like that).

If UK can get a 8 seed or better and win a game in the NCAAT, that would be mission accomplished for year 1!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT