ADVERTISEMENT

Say something positive about Cal.

St.PatterSoN-54-

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
I don't hate the guy. I'm just sad about the state of the program under Cal.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to the tournament.

So to look at the bright side, I'd like for posters to say one thing positive about Cal.

I'll start.

I can only think of one or two times this year that I've heard him yell "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Your turn.

His ability to get a bunch of immature 18 yr olds, who have been told they are the greatest their entire lives in the game of basketball, to play for each other and the team is something I always have marveled at.

Yes, he chooses to recruit that way. But I can still appreciate how challenging it is to get a bunch of 18 yr olds, who have never played college bball in their lives, who are going up against a lot of 22-24 yr olds who are much more physically and mentally mature, to play for each other and the team. Super impressive.

1. He is really good at getting talent to UK (not as good as he was before Duke did 1 and done)
2. He is good at getting all these guys to play together most years....not a ton of locker room cancer stuff (Wheeler year was not the norm)

That is about all I have

Terrible coach. Terrible person. Hates UK. Hates UK fans. Doesn't even want to win games. Just drawing a check and robbing UK blind, and our administration is too stupid to see it. Basically a POS. Death is too good for him. Torture might suffice. Shouldn't be coaching anywhere. Might be the worst coach in the history of the game. Those are just based on observations from this board. That's as nice as we can get.

Here you go- a compliment: I hear he has 2 arms and 2 legs and can walk without tripping mostly, though he is fat and stupid.

This is a dumb thread. Why attempt to force anyone here to say something kind about the man? Just let them say what they actually feel. Why be fake? There is not an ounce of concern for this man remaining for most here. Any positive words here are completely disingenuous.

Terrible coach. Terrible person. Hates UK. Hates UK fans. Doesn't even want to win games. Just drawing a check and robbing UK blind, and our administration is too stupid to see it. Basically a POS. Death is too good for him. Torture might suffice. Shouldn't be coaching anywhere. Might be the worst coach in the history of the game. Those are just based on observations from this board. That's as nice as we can get.

Here you go- a compliment: I hear he has 2 arms and 2 legs and can walk without tripping mostly, though he is fat and stupid.

This is a dumb thread. Why attempt to force anyone here to say something kind about the man? Just let them say what they actually feel. Why be fake? There is not an ounce of concern for this man remaining for most here. Any positive words here are completely disingenuous.
Straight from the reverend himself 😛

He has done so many great things for the people of Kentucky that have went through something terrible. He has raised a whole lot of money for flood, tornado and several other victims. He has been TREMENDOUS in that area!!

He is pretty good being the underdog. If he could take that attitude and apply it toward this tournament, we may have a shot at going far!! It doesn’t help when Dickie V picks us to win it, that has been the kiss of death lately.

I want the Cal we hired 15 years ago back!! He was HUNGRY and so were his teams to prove they were the best!!! Can he reach down deep and get that back again starting Thursday??? I would LOVE to see it and live it again!!!

Cal, I absolutely believe that another program wants you.
You Can Do It GIF by Kyle Gordon

Last edited:

I share your sentiment, but I think the OP is wanting us to be disingenuous.

Reactions: IL Wildcat

Is anyone good enough for UK?

He’s a great coach and HOF’er with over 800 career wins. Great winning percentage and has completely owned Louisville since arriving. He ended Pitino’s career at UL while kicking 🍑 and taking names in the process. He’s took us to multiple final fours and added a banner to Rupp.

PS: He has us in position to cut down the nets once again this year!

I share your sentiment, but I think the OP is wanting us to be disingenuous.
Ah, I should have known. I wonder if there is another fanbase that hates their coach as much as we do? And here I am, actually hoping for UK to have a good NCAA tournament. I guess I'm just a tool. Should be hoping for an early loss so we don't have to keep manufacturing positive comments about the coach with a thread entitled "say something nice about Calipari" like a bunch of gradeschool children. That way, we can start all over hating another guy. Whoever comes in will HAVE to be better than the one we've got, right?

Ah, I should have known. I wonder if there is another fanbase that hates their coach as much as we do? And here I am, actually hoping for UK to have a good NCAA tournament. I guess I'm just a tool. Should be hoping for an early loss so we don't have to keep manufacturing positive comments about the coach with a thread entitled "say something nice about Calipari" like a bunch of gradeschool children. That way, we can start all over hating another guy. Whoever comes in will HAVE to be better than the one we've got, right?
Your saecasm is at an all time high and I'm loving it. At least I hope I'm detecting sarcasm, lol. If not, you got me.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT