ADVERTISEMENT

Saw Travis Perry play today

Im worried about his size /athleticism at the next level, but if we get any production out of him year 1, that'll be a win.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Im worried about his size /athleticism at the next level, but if we get any production out of him year 1, that'll be a win.
He’s a 5,000 point scorer that’s crazy. I agree with what you said but I think he shoot’s it and is a natural scorer and we always need that. Modern basketball is perfect for him. I hope Cal plays him like Sheppard if he proves he can play at this level early.

Reactions: CBBCrazy
He’s a 5,000 point scorer that’s crazy. I agree with what you said but I think he shoot’s it and is a natural scorer and we always need that. Modern basketball is perfect for him. I hope Cal plays him like Sheppard if he proves he can play at this level early.

This is what worries me about Perry. Sheppard's start was borderline unprecedented, but he's also a better overall athlete than Perry.

I sincerely hope he can match or even be in the vicinity of such production his freshman year, but I think it's unfair to the kid to expect anything more than a role player role his freshman season.

Reactions: G-PIP
This is what worries me about Perry. Sheppard's start was borderline unprecedented, but he's also a better overall athlete than Perry.

I sincerely hope he can match or even be in the vicinity of such production his freshman year, but I think it's unfair to the kid to expect anything more than a role player role his freshman season.
I think Richie Farmer (for those who remember) might be a reasonable comparison as a floor for Perry - and in my mind that's a great addition to have to your team. But I believe that Perry is a better 3 pt. shooter than Farmer - and by a bit too. For a ceiling, and staying with similar sized KY guys, Chris Lofton might be possible. But boy Lofton was really good in college. Besides great 3 pt. shooting (which I think Perry could possibly duplicate percentage wise), I think we forget how well Lofton could score on drives and his 2pt. FG%. Regardless, I really like UK picking up Perry, and think it's going to pay dividends.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT