ADVERTISEMENT

Saw this on On3. Coach Cal wants to average 80 points a game this season. Do you think we can do it?

crawfords corner

All-American
Jul 9, 2004
I know some will say he can't coach offense, but last season before injuries really took hold the team was averaging around 83 PPG. I forget the exact amount of games, but it was around the first 23-25 games and still finished at 79.4

So, simple question, with what we saw between the Bahamas and the 1 exhibition game so far do you think UK will average 80 or more points.

See if you are right or wrong at the end of the season.

I say with a healthy Oscar that we will average around 82 points a game. Im going to chalk last night up to being the team's first game in Rupp.

I'll take the under, but I don't think by that much. As of right now, I don't see a few guys you just can't stop, or a pair/trio of pick your poison shooters. That can easily change by conference play. It's possible to get 80+ with this team, IMO. ...but I'm still taking the under.

EDIT; we'd have to obliterate the cupcakes to have a chance, IMO.

I'll take the under, but I don't think by that much. As of right now, I don't see a few guys you just can't stop, or a pair/trio of pick your poison shooters. That can easily change by conference play. It's possible to get 80+ with this team, IMO. ...but I'm still taking the under.

EDIT; we'd have to obliterate the cupcakes to have a chance, IMO.

The under is the likely outcome.

Only once under Cal have we scored over 80 and 3 other times we scored a little over 79.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Hell no. Have you guys watched Cal the last decade plus. Dude likes it slow and ugly. I’m thinking he gets a full boner just thinking of SEC rock fights with a million fouls.

I think we have averaged 80 or more points per game like one season since he’s been here; maybe?
Pure hater, criticizing cal means you want Kentucky to lose every game

I know some will say he can't coach offense, but last season before injuries really took hold the team was averaging around 83 PPG. I forget the exact amount of games, but it was around the first 23-25 games and still finished at 79.4

So, simple question, with what we saw between the Bahamas and the 1 exhibition game so far do you think UK will average 80 or more points.

See if you are right or wrong at the end of the season.

I say with a healthy Oscar that we will average around 82 points a game. Im going to chalk last night up to being the team's first game in Rupp.
We were leading the SEC in scoring (almost 82 ppg) and scoring margin in early February 2022 before the injuries. Will be easy to average 80 ppg this time around.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
No matter what the opinion is posted here, there are those who are going to argue against it. It's just like reading a clock or calendar. If today's post is "I think the team will do this" those I speak of will say not going to happen. Same poster tomorrow posts the exact opposite (agreeing with today's naysayers) and those same folks will argue that what they said yesterday couldn't happen is a given. It is actually pretty comical. Reminds me quite a bit of my father in law !!

Cals been getting pointers from Stoops on how to slow your own teams offense for years. He hears Stoops shout "RUN!!" all the time and imitates him. That's where it comes from.

Reactions: yes_takeaside
Deaaron Fox and Malik Monk.

Yep. Those guys had 5 regular season 100+ point games and another 9 games with 90+ points. Put a 46 point ass whooping on Arizona State and a 42 point destruction of TAMU. Won 14 straight before that pos I wont say his name stole the E8 game from us. Easily our most exciting offensive team under Cal.

Just realized that the last 15 games of that season the Wildcats only hit 80+ points in 5 games and only 1 time in the 4 NCAAT games.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT