ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Vencenie of The Athletic Projects Isaiah Jackson #19 Pick

• Thread starter anon_ce2llurbpkli4
  • Start date
not even assuming he returns. if potential is most everything in drafting, then he should be gone. you can see potential allover that guy.

He was talking in reference to his wife and himself having worked their whole lives.

edit for the exact quote since you seem to not know it.

“Me and his mom have been working for years, and if I have to work another year or two, it’s no skin off my bones. And we had to let him know that, to take the pressure off him. I can wait.”

Working for years to reach the NBA. Which would be the goal of a lifetime for your child.

Twist it anyway you want. But you wrong playa.

EDIT: And if you sacrifice and out your entire soul into making your kids dreams come true and that dream just so happens to be generational changing money.... I damn sure bet you ain’t at your 9-5 till your 65. Common sense. But please spin this anyway you can to frame someone in a bad light.

Working for years to reach the NBA. Which would be the goal of a lifetime for your child.

Twist it anyway you want. But you wrong playa.
I can wait? Yeah, I don’t think you’ve got it right. Also what pressure is removed? Dad has to help him get up shots of whatever? Such pressure, it’s the money my dood.

No one is denying that, but to publicly state your expectations of receiving enough of the pie to not have to work any longer is a bit cringey at best and exploitative at worst.
I don’t agree at all, but something tells me nothing will change your mind.

Trying not to call people names. You just make it real, real hard. But if you’d like I can un-edit.

YOU. ARE. PATHETIC.

That better?
Hey I didn’t make the statement but whatever. Suppose he didn’t mean it in that sense, sure, but suppose he did, do you have any issue?

Jackson plays next season and he’s too 10. It’s a risk for him to stay but not out of the question. Money is a lot different.

That was my other thought... IF he's being told he's around 20.. and IF his family is serious about the "must be lottery"..

But I think the family is going to take anything in the first round.
Yeah, this wouldn't surprise me, either. First round is all guaranteed money now, isn't it? I would absolutely love it if he came back, obviously, because I think we were just seeing the tip of the iceberg with him. But honestly I'd be surprised if he returned. Elated, but surprised. 😀

Reactions: hamidousvertical
No one is denying that, but to publicly state your expectations of receiving enough of the pie to not have to work any longer is a bit cringey at best and exploitative at worst.

His statement doesn’t necessarily have to mean what you think it means. He could easily be implying we have worked our whole lives meaning helping their son in whatever way they could to achieve his dreams. That dream doesn’t have to be realized or lost this year, there is still plenty of time. Hell I’m old enough to remember when it was a foregone conclusion that any college basketball player would play all 4 years before going to the NBA, 3 at the very least 😂.

Think your turning his statement into something it’s not. From all accounts they have a great family dynamic. Their son is beloved and cherished and not just looked at as a meal ticket. As a result their son will gladly do whatever he can to make their life more comfortable whatever that looks like. Any son who has great parents or parent would do the same.

Anyone feel uncomfortable with his dad’s statement about how they’ve worked their whole lives they can wait a few years? I mean at least they aren’t pushing him but it sounds like they still expect a hand out, I’d never expect my kids to take care of me so I didn’t have to work if they made bank.
My family is taught to take care of on another. If I hit the lottery you best believe everybody quitting there jobs lol. I would start some type of family business but everybody who has been there for me will be taken care of from family to friends.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT