ADVERTISEMENT

Rowland says offer to Hurley starting at $11 million. May go higher?

Good. If Hurley is the kind of guy I believe him to be, the one who doesn’t just want to be on top of the mountain but to own the whole thing too, there’s no way he can turn down that type of offer. I’ll lay off any ill word about Barnhart if he even places that kind of money on the table, regardless of outcome.

11M for 7 years.

All I can say is......
images

Per Pat Macafee show he has Hurley on right now and Hurely says

“UConn is my only mindset”

(Can be found on Pats twitter)

So are we heading to a Buzz Williams or Bruce Pearl type hire. I see alot of speculation and these things take time. Most these guys on the list are not coming. Billy is a no, to late in his game to adjust I believe. Nate said he's his own guy at Alabama, Hurley is coasting we're he's at and not even trying. The conference realignment and big money should be enough but he's not thinking that far ahead.
Which leaves us at the crazy but not stupid section. Bruce and Scott maybe Buzz is the safe hire with alot of money saved. We don't want saved money we want results and not for sure we get there.

I like the way that sounds, “UConn is my only mindset.” That is not a no. A no would be something like, “I’m definitely not leaving UConn.” Now, this soft pass could be a ploy to get a big raise, but assuming he could get that anyway. Let’s see how this plays out.
Yep. Not saying he comes here, but that's what almost every coach says right before they leave their school. It's a classic non-answer in order to not back yourself into a corner.

I like the way that sounds, “UConn is my only mindset.” That is not a no. A no would be something like, “I’m definitely not leaving UConn.” Now, this soft pass could be a ploy to get a big raise, but assuming he could get that anyway. Let’s see how this plays out.
Doesn't matter anyway, none of them tell the truth.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
So are we heading to a Buzz Williams or Bruce Pearl type hire. I see alot of speculation and these things take time. Most these guys on the list are not coming. Billy is a no, to late in his game to adjust I believe. Nate said he's his own guy at Alabama, Hurley is coasting we're he's at and not even trying. The conference realignment and big money should be enough but he's not thinking that far ahead.
Which leaves us at the crazy but not stupid section. Bruce and Scott maybe Buzz is the safe hire with alot of money saved. We don't want saved money we want results and not for sure we get there
Who’s your source?

Which leaves us at the crazy but not stupid section. Bruce and Scott maybe Buzz is the safe hire with alot of money saved. We don't want saved money we want results and not for sure we get there.
Wow, that's a lot of assumptions and speculation presented as facts...

triumph the insult comic dog conan25 GIF by Team Coco

I believe we are heading to a second tier hire.

I doubt it happens. But if we're offering 11-12 Million NO ONE can bitch if we don't land him.
I think Barney has offered in a half assed way for optics that’s my read. If he really wants the guy he will send Jeff Sheppard and a couple other former players to have a chat with Dan. Not a phone call.

I don't know if Hurley will even listen to a offer. But, if the amount of money being reported is accurate then< I think it at the very least gives him some bargaining power with UConn.
Again, that's ridiculous Jimbo money.

It’s gonna depend on NIL just as much as salary.
I bet the boosters will be willing to front some NIL too… Not only that but we’re standing in probably what will be one of the super conferences that will be left standing when all is said and done !

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
Buzz? lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Wildcatjedi
I loved Tubby and supposed him until the end.

That said, this reminds me of Tubby offering William Avery, who grew up a Duke fan and had a Duke offer.

Mitch can comfortably offer Hurley the moon knowing Hurley is going to say no.

So Mitch looks good and still has Drew waiting in the wings.
Now I don’t actually believe MB is acting on his own and is just following the bidding of the person/persons who have the money. And we don’t know their pecking order, but I’m guessing Drew is down the list a bit.

Anyway the Masters starts Thursday and I have a tee time that day as well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT