ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Eric Montross

Damn. Sorry for anyone who has to go through that, and his family.

It seems impossible that the 1993 season -- which still feels in some ways like a lost and even stolen opportunity for a championship for the Cats, has been that long ago. But basketball fades in significance when real life intrudes. I hope his family can find peace and warmth in his memory.

I remember him well. He played high school ball in Indianapolis. Condolences to his family.

Does anyone know if Pitino tried to recruit him to Kentucky?

Reactions: Fox2monk and kyeric
Damn, that's sad. RIP big guy.

The 1993 Final Four is still one of the best I can remember in terms of bluebloods and experienced upperclassman (outside of the Fab Five but even they were in their sophomore years in '93) star power.

North Carolina - Second Team All-American Eric Montross
Michigan - Fab Five, First Team All-American Chris Webber
Indiana - First Team All-American Calbert Chaney
Kentucky - First Team All-American Jamal Mashburn

Cancer is horrible. I have lost some family members and friends to it and it's never easy. So many have passed at early ages with seemingly so many wonderful years ahead of them. Prayers and thoughts to the Montrose family and may he RIP as he now is with our Savior.

Anyone else remember the “bloody Montross” game where he led UNC to an upset of that number 1 ranked Duke team with Laettner/Hurley/Grant Hill as blood was pouring down his face?

He was a tough dude, one helluva player and also seemed like a damn good guy. What a sad shame to see him taken so young.

Damn, that's sad. RIP big guy.

The 1993 Final Four is still one of the best I can remember in terms of bluebloods and experienced upperclassman (outside of the Fab Five but even they were in their sophomore years in '93) star power.

North Carolina - Second Team All-American Eric Montross
Michigan - Fab Five, First Team All-American Chris Webber
Indiana - First Team All-American Calbert Chaney
Kentucky - First Team All-American Jamal Mashburn
Kansas was the fourth team not Indiana.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Kansas was the fourth team not Indiana.
Dang, you're right. Good call. All these years I had Indiana in my head going up against North Carolina in the other Final Four game. Looks like IU was the 1 seed in the bracket and KU was the 2 seed, KU beat them in the Elite Eight for the Final Four. Nonetheless, great blueblood Final Four with so many great upperclassman players.

It's crazy to think I am almost the same age and watched him play and he's gone already. Just shows you how short life can be and you could go at any time.
Life is but a vapor. It's why I don't get caught up anymore in crap talking opposing players or getting mad at games in general. It's just a game and means nothing in the grand scheme of thibgs

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks there is a cure. Way more money in treating than curing. These pharmaceutical companies are pretty sketchy. Just research the opioid epidemic.
No doubt about it, they have a cure at least for some kinds of cancer, there are many different kinds. In the end, treatment always trumps the cure. It’s way easier to suck money out of everything that way. I’ve been in opioid treatment for years, that alone has a ton of the same things. It’s all about the $. They want you to get better and not use, but if you are 50 cents short for your medicine they won’t give it to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT