ADVERTISEMENT

Richie Saunders staying at BYU

So is that his HS coach or AAU coach baylor hired? because usually its the AAU guys that are in the players inner circle with more control
Yes, Johnson probably isn’t leaving Texas, but there are rumors that he might leave and it would be Kentucky or Baylor but it most likely isn’t happening

well that stinks. I guess the caffiene on campus scared him off.
You shouldn’t be mean to Mormons because this kid didn’t come here. It’s likely because Pope informed him some higher ranked transfers are likely to come in and that it’d be a backseat role he had here.

So I understand a kid choosing his favorite school over a big platform if he’s just going to be a spare part at the big platform.

No need to disparage him or make fun of his faith. I think Mormons stray away from some of the main tenets of the Protestant Christianity I follow, but they’re the nicest people on Earth and they practice what they preach a lot better than any other denomination currently does and it’s not even close.

It just seems a little concerning that he hasn't gotten anyone that played for him last year when we lost our entire team.

Nah, BYU kids are just different. If the NBA or playing professionally likely isn’t in your future then BYU is a devout Mormon kids dream come true.

I’d also go out on a limb and guess there’s some judgmental/guilt/conviction issues in play with some of these guys and possibly worried about jeopardizing their religious standing in the church going forward.

I’m not saying you are full of shit, but you are completely wrong. And what you said makes no sense
How does it not make any sense. I’m not saying it is happening, I’m saying there are rumors that Johnson might leave and that Kentucky would be a serious option given his relationship with brooks

Dam thought for sure this guy was in and figured he would be a solid piece. Hustle, good shooter and knows Pope's system. The hugs at the airport pickup I figured he was in.

So unless Robinson comes Pope only brings 1 guy with him.

Still only 3 guys, I sure hope we land a bunch this weekend. Mainly hope we get Great soon but we're gonna need shooters to play Pope's system. Not panicked yet but a little concerned.

Reactions: track42
How does it not make any sense. I’m not saying it is happening, I’m saying there are rumors that Johnson might leave and that Kentucky would be a serious option given his relationship with brooks
Pink. The rumor was. Scott drew has hired, tre Johnson’s head coach in high school as his assistant, who is taking Alvin brooks job. Tre Johnson is in play. This is 100 percent about BAYLOR. show me otherwise, how it’s worded to be more positive towards UK

Pink. The rumor was. Scott drew has hired, tre Johnson’s head coach in high school as his assistant, who is taking Alvin brooks job. Tre Johnson is in play. This is 100 percent about BAYLOR. show me otherwise, how it’s worded to be more positive towards UK
I have Baylor’s paywall board, and they were saying Kentucky is the team to beat because of brooks relationship with Johnson

It’s a fair point, but I would say them having 6 guys visiting this weekend means they are doing work and are gonna get guys
I know Oweh is here, and Smith, Mahaney and Carr are rumored to be visiting this weekend. Strojakovic is trying to set up something. Who else is supposed to be visiting?

I know Oweh is here, and Smith, Mahaney and Carr are rumored to be visiting this weekend. Strojakovic is trying to set up something. Who else is supposed to be visiting?
Osobor on Monday. Also I would expect Kentucky to be interested in poplar from Miami, and this wells guy from Washington state

He is married, his wife also a basketball player. She is the sister of a former BYU player ( also married). The school , family ties was too much to leave behind. He is a wise guy, happy wife means happy marriage.

It’s a fair point, but I would say them having 6 guys visiting this weekend means they are doing work and are gonna get guys
I think it is a terrible idea to have 6 people come the same weekend. Of the 6 how will any of them think they are the priority. You going to tell each of them you are the one I really want. it like asking 3 girls to prom at the same time and all of them knowing you asked other girls. You don't get the best girl to go that way.

I think it is a terrible idea to have 6 people come the same weekend. Of the 6 how will any of them think they are the priority. You going to tell each of them you are the one I really want. it like asking 3 girls to prom at the same time and all of them knowing you asked other girls. You don't get the best girl to go that way.
May 1 is the deadline. Any other suggestions how to get at least 7 more players?

Well if we want to react to rumors there is one out there that broooks is gonna get tre Johnson here. Missing on Saunders isn’t worth getting up set at. Between now and may 1st plenty of good players will enter and pope has damn near Reached out to everybody
So you now want a one year player the that is a selfish ballhog. Is that the Fit we have been waiting for.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
I think it’s a good idea because it is different and unique

So you now want a one year player the that is a selfish ballhog. Is that the Fit we have been waiting for.
Tre Johnson is one of the most talented players in the country next year, yes if he wants to come here(not happening most likely) yea I want him, I just don’t want a team full of freshman, but one star of 2 is fine. Have you even watched Johnson play?

May 1 is the deadline. Any other suggestions how to get at least 7 more players?
You do your research and target who you really want. Keep it quiet so all other recruits don't know what is up. No reason for all these players to know you are talking to so many others. You do what you did with Williams and make him feel special and close the deal. Get a REAL impact player then move on to next guy. You have to preliminary discussion to try and figure out who is genuinely interested and who is using you to get a better offer. It doesn't matter if everyone has on on their list if the top guys don't pick us.

Well if we want to react to rumors there is one out there that broooks is gonna get tre Johnson here. Missing on Saunders isn’t worth getting up set at. Between now and may 1st plenty of good players will enter and pope has damn near Reached out to everybody
I thought Tre Johnson was commited to Texas?

Same trolls stirring up shit over nothing. We have 6 talented players lined up to visit this weekend and a lot to be excited about…but we have trolls or people that haven’t been keeping up with the portal trying to cause drama. Saunders is going to get more playing time at BYU and he’s Morman. It’s not surprising that he decided to stay where he’s at.

So the rumor was Brooks was trying to flip him to Baylor and Baylor evidently still is? By virute of hiring his HC coach. But also Brooks is now trying to flip him to Kentucky?
There was Baylor peopel just saying Kentucky could be a school to watch if Johnson does decide to reopen his recruitment because of the previous connections, I don’t believe it

Per his IG
Wow, major bummer. I’ve been watching some BYU games from this past year and even before he became known as a target he jumped out as an impact player. He reminds me a bit of Adou in that he seems to find himself involved in just about every play, on both ends. Smart screener and cutter, good shooter, good on ball defender, high energy. I thought he would be the under-appreciated steal of the transfer class.

Per his IG
Id say after seeing who was visiting and some of the players we have contacted he got worried about playing time when the commitments start rolling in. It’s really surprised me how many good basketball players are in the portal right now.

Man so many people hitting the panic button on Richie Saunders. Man we have had a new assistant coaching in place for not even a week. Pope and company will recruit a very competitive team just got to give them time to get the players in here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT