ADVERTISEMENT

Rich Brooks

Maybe Brooks would coach better but Brooks piss poor recruits would still be there if he were the coach.

Bullsht. Brooks never had an ounce of the backing this staff has had. Never got the facility upgrades promised. Constantly being harassed by fans and media from day one.

Brooks had the chance to recruit Ohio....he basically did zero recruiting there.

Didn't have the connections there like Stoops has, and didnt have the luxury of someone taking the Cats to 4-5 bowl games shortly BEFORE he ever set foot on campus. Period

Brooks had the same job for 8 years and he screwed the Woodson, Tamme, Burton, Stevie, Little and Lyons offense to Music City Bowl. (And for the record he lost with that team to a ho-hum USC team on the road...

If you were at the game you'd know the players and Joker cost us that game. As much as I love those players and Andre it was a deer in the headlights type of moment for Woodson.

and a poor Miss St team at home.....let that sink in as we kiss up to PaPa Brooks)

I just don't see the love greater for Brooks than Stoops. Brooks was decent, Stoops is a step above decent....neither are great coaches IMO

Brooks is a better coach than UK could ever show him to be. No history. No recruiting budget. Aged out facilities. Poor football fan base. Small recruiting market. Piss poor national perception.

The only coaches with enough courage to try to turn this sht around are lambasted from the minute they arrive if they don't have a big name (for all that's ever done). They have to work 4x as hard here to get anywhere, and have to work AGAINST the vampiric "fan"base sucking the life out of the program with their constant abuse of the staff, program, and players.

The idiots that think a GREAT coach that's already accomplished anything major would want to come here are delusional or psychotic. No one would want to come here seeing the amount of negativity they have to put up with from the fans of the basketball program. It's just not worth an extra million dollars

Bullsht. Brooks never had an ounce of the backing this staff has had. Never got the facility upgrades promised. Constantly being harassed by fans and media from day one.

Didn't have the connections there like Stoops has, and didnt have the luxury of someone taking the Cats to 4-5 bowl games shortly BEFORE he ever set foot on campus. Period

If you were at the game you'd know the players and Joker cost us that game. As much as I love those players and Andre it was a deer in the headlights type of moment for Woodson.

Brooks is a better coach than UK could ever show him to be. No history. No recruiting budget. Aged out facilities. Poor football fan base. Small recruiting market. Piss poor national perception.

The only coaches with enough courage to try to turn this sht around are lambasted from the minute they arrive if they don't have a big name (for all that's ever done). They have to work 4x as hard here to get anywhere, and have to work AGAINST the vampiric "fan"base sucking the life out of the program with their constant abuse of the staff, program, and players.

The idiots that think a GREAT coach that's already accomplished anything major would want to come here are delusional or psychotic. No one would want to come here seeing the amount of negativity they have to put up with from the fans of the basketball program. It's just not worth an extra million dollars
Worst mistake ever made was not hiring Schnellenburger when the time was ripe!

Reactions: bigbluedon
I don’t think it’s really comparable much of a discussion about who’s the better coach. Brooks was a far better coach. The differences in support from the administration that Brooks and Stoops have gotten are night and day different.

Brooks built the foundation for Oregon to be what it is today. I don’t believe they had a ton of success before he took them to the Rose Bowl.

I firmly believe that if Brooks was given the resources that Stoops has gotten we’d be a lot more successful than we’ve been with Stoops.

Reactions: jauk11 and Girthang
This would've been Rich Brooks 2nd best season.
He would never dream of beating Mississippi State and Florida in the same season.

Brooks didn't have talent?
First year with players Guy Morriss went 7-5 with, Brooks fumbled to 4-8.
Stoops went 10-3 with Terry Wilson.
I would love to see Stoops with Andre Woodson, Keenan, Stevie Johnson, Myron Pryor, Woodward, Lindley, etc...
Guarantee its better than 7-5.
Moronic post

Just silly....but be a prisoner of the moment.

1. It is not Brooks fault he had no Ohio contacts....so Stoops gets no credit for having some Ohio contacts. And Stoops had zero contacts in most parts of Ohio....but common sense would tell you major metro areas within 3 hours of Lexington....you might want to recruits as Ohio St can't get them all.

2. So Woodson is the reason for some puzzling losses that put UK at 7-5....but nothing for Brooks to answer for wasting a tremendous season with three bad losses? So do we get to blame Leary, Terry Wilson, Levis, etc.. for having bad games...or does Stoops have to take the licks for those games>?

I liked Brooks and thought he did a good job at UK.....but reality is his high water mark is 7-5 regular season and he had 8 years to get it done and he was trending in the wrong direction at the end. Stoops got two 9-3 regulars season and capped both off with Citrus Bowl wins. I can agree Brooks was a better gameday coach but his recruiting was as much his responsibility as Stoops and like it or not....recruiting is a big part of the job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT