ADVERTISEMENT

Rex and Reed

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
These guys are two of a kind.

Rex came to UK as a highly touted guard from Owensboro Ky in the fall of 1986.

Reed came to UK as a highly touted guard from London, Ky in the fall of 2023.

Thats 37 yrs difference but with alot of similarities as well.

Rex is 6’5 while Reed is 6’3.

Both are caucasians that were born and raised in the state of Kentucky..

Both can jump out of the gym and both have great shooting abilities from three point range and both are excellent passers and defenders.

Rex is clearly more athletic than Reed but Reed will steal you blind on and off the ball with his anticipation skills (leads team with 17 pilfers in just 5 games).

Rex stayed at UK for just 2 seasons before going to the NBA. I think Reed will too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Adolph
cool-story-bro.jpg

These guys are two of a kind.

Rex came to UK as a highly touted guard from Owensboro Ky in the fall of 1986.

Reed came to UK as a highly touted guard from London, Ky in the fall of 2023.

Thats 37 yrs difference but with alot of similarities as well.

Rex is 6’5 while Reed is 6’3.

Both are caucasians that were born and raised in the state if Kentucky.

Both can jump out of the gym and both have great shooting abilities from three point range.

Rex is clearly more athletic than Reed but Reed will steal you blind on and off the ball with his anticipation skills (leads team with 17 pilfers in just 5 games).

Rex stayed at UK for just 2 seasons before going to the NBA. I think Reed will too.
"Rex is clearly more athletic than Reed but Reed will steal you blind ..."

Wow. They really ARE two of a kind...

Last edited:
Reed and Big Z, two of a kind.

Both caucasians, both can shoot the lights out.

I watched Rex at Apollo, at UK. He had a lot of skill. But, he did not have the court awareness, the instinct at both ends of the court that Reed has. Reeds vision and sense of what happens next is incredible. I can’t remember a player with the total package at UK since Mike Casey. There was a reason Coach Rupp always said he’d pick Casey first of all the players he ever coached. Reed would be 1A.

I like Reed alot better than Rex.
Yeah that's a no brainier.
Rex could have been to UK what Tebow is to Florida but he didn't want it, never did.
I'm positive NIL was in full effect during his recruitment because he didn't grow up liking UK.
I would say Wayne saw it was in his (Rex) best interest to pick UK.
The glaring difference I see in the two is that Reed's leadership skills are on another level.
Rex was never a leader on any team he played for not even in HS.
I saw him plenty in HS and he would routinely stand behind the huddle in time outs and drink water while the coach talked to the rest of the team.

Reactions: chevyman 50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT