ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves is an All-American!!

Reeves be like...
tenor.gif

I was not a big Reeves fan last year but he has added so much to his game. He’s been great this year.
But did he really? Or is he just playing with better guys around him.

Last year reeves played with Oscar in paint , Cason at point (but not a great playmaker at Pg) and Livingston and Toppin who ran from the ball with poor skill sets at Sf snd Pf. Pretty much non existent bench.

Reeves had to play with the ball a ton and teams could cheat their defense to him and basically not guard Livingston and Toppin. And when he had a bad shooting game vs Kansas St he was hammered…yet Livingston was praised for running away from shots….just fans complaining and Reeves took the bullets

This year rhe floor is spaced, Lanes are open to drive ….if teams trap rhe ball …reeves csn swing it to Reed or Mitchell vs Livingston or Toppin

So invaluable for this team. He's been our best player to date. 20ppg, 4 rebounds, nearly 2 assists.. on 60/43/88 shooting splits. He also lowered his foul and turnover rate since last year. And he's doing this while playing just a smidge over 30 minutes a game. It's not like he's playing 36 like many teams other best players.

I would actually agree with a poster above. He should be on the first few cutoffs for POY. He's certainly one of the 50 best players in college basketball right now.

This topic will make some Reeves haters heads explode.
“Reeves-haters” is a bit strong. I still don’t trust him against legit competition. The evidence from last year has been laid out time and time again. So far this year, we’ve not played many good teams. Against the two surefire tournament teams, he was again underwhelming.

But I will say this, he has worked on attacking the paint and using the floater and has done a great job as the season has progressed of taking better shots. Haven’t seen a step-back three in a while. I just hope he can do this against top tier teams, under pressure, in March.

“Reeves-haters” is a bit strong. I still don’t trust him against legit competition. The evidence from last year has been laid out time and time again. So far this year, we’ve not played many good teams. Against the two surefire tournament teams, he was again underwhelming.

But I will say this, he has worked on attacking the paint and using the floater and has done a great job as the season has progressed of taking better shots. Haven’t seen a step-back three in a while. I just hope he can do this against top tier teams, under pressure, in March.

A lot of us were able to look at the additions to this years team as an opening for Reeves. We have MUCH better players around Reeves, who defenses have to key in on. Sheppard alone is being stuck to like glue. We just didn't have the talent last year, where Reeves was our BEST player, shooter, and biggest offensive threat. Now, we have Sheppard on the wing, two dynamic PGs who can attack, a very solid offensive PF, and 3 centers who that have to be respected.

I had a feeling Reeves game was greatly hindered last season, and it was going to be opened up this year.

And while I do think Reeves could struggle against the nations elite teams.. it's not like we've had anyone else really step up to the plate, aside from Dilly.

Reactions: 3Bluefever325

Here’s one of them. Just keep doubling down.

Can’t wait to hear from you when he finally has an off game again.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Here’s one of them. Just keep doubling down.

Can’t wait to hear from you when he finally has an off game again.
I don’t care if the dude has an off-game. And you don’t hear from me every time he does. I care that it is highly unlikely that we get the version of him that we need during the NCAA tournament. Maybe we’re good enough overall to overcome one of his 3/17 or 7/25 nights. History shows those nights will come.

He's a different guy. He carries himself like a pro this year. He shoots it the same way every time. He doesn't hesitate to shoot it.

And more importantly, he is a monster off the dribble. He is a killer in transition. That little floater game is nasty. And then he's been killing defenses with that Eurostep. He wasn't doing all of that last year. The floater somewhat, but he's using it so much more effectively this year.

I don’t care if the dude has an off-game. And you don’t hear from me every time he does. I care that it is highly unlikely that we get the version of him that we need during the NCAA tournament. Maybe we’re good enough overall to overcome one of his 3/17 or 7/25 nights. History shows those nights will come.
Every volume shooter has those games. Steph Curry has those games.

He’s the other one lol

He and CincyUKfan might be the same person.
Lots of dudes that have sock accounts, but I’m not one. Hint: they’re all Cal lovers.

I’m not going to enjoy it one bit if Reeves shoots us out of the tourney again. The “I told you so” isn’t enjoyable. I want us to cut down the nets. Hopefully when that game(s) happens, Cal recognizes it immediately and cuts his minutes.

Last edited:
Every volume shooter has those games. Steph Curry has those games.
Yep. But those dudes play a series against each opponent - not a one and done tourney.

Reeves did his thing last year and that was all she wrote. The fact that he did it again against KU and UNC this year is concerning.

Now I remember, you’re the dude that makes straw-man arguments. Really hard to discuss things when you write nonsense like this. Do better.
What’s to discuss? All your past statements on Reeves are here for people to look up.

You’re one of the most impossible people to have a normal discussion with on this board.

I remember trying to “discuss” this with you back in the off-season. That ship has sailed 🤣

What’s to discuss? All your past statements on Reeves are here for people to look up.

You’re one of the most impossible people to have a normal discussion with on this board.

I remember trying to “discuss” this with you back in the off-season. That ship has sailed 🤣
If you don’t want to discuss things with particular posters, you are free to use the ignore feature.

Do you know people (often women) who begin sentences with, “You always….” or “You never….”? Well, chief, that’s the sort of thing you do. Exaggerating the case, speaking in absolutes (he must make every 3), and building straw-man arguments makes reasonable and rational communication quite difficult.

We have fans that get so emotional that once a player underperforms they become the enemy in their eyes and they just hate them going forward. Wagner is getting the same treatment from a couple guys on here. Its nuts
Wagner was 18 and 10 assists yesterday on 8-12 shooting and people still want him coming off the bench.

People make ridiculous statements, and they’re out there for everyone to see. So they just have to keep doubling down.

Reeves 5 conference games so far

33 for 64 from the field for 51.6%
11 for 31 from 3(had an 0-5 game) for 35.5%
26 for 28 from the FT line for 93%

20.6 pts per game
4.6 rebounds
1.8 assists
1.8 turnovers

On top of all of that for the season he's defending and rebounding better than he has in his career. 4.4 rebounds doesn't sound like a lot, but for a guy who has never shown a real inclination to stick his hand in there and get them it's nice to see him doing whatever he can to try and help the team win. Once those players got through to him that they needed him he has come back with a real purpose and is playing the best overall basketball he ever has.

Reeves has this stigma about him not looking for others and I truly believe he has improved drastically in this area shot selection alot better this year hope he continues to improve he is fun to watch

Good point, jeffky. Which for a guy like him who is supposed to carry a good portion of the offensive load, which means shooting the ball, it is something that's gonna be hard to balance. Thankfully this year's team has shooters that he can rely on and not always feel like he needs to be the one shooting all the shots.

He got stronger and I think that’s made a big difference. Looking back at last year, I think he had to feel absolutely defeated a lot of the time. The kids did not get along. They were not taking coaching. There was constant drama. For Reeves to have played as well as he did looks more impressive. You can tell that this year has breathed new life into him. He looks like he’s having fun.

“Reeves haters” probably isn’t strong enough. I would use the term “dummy”. All those comments from the off season are still there.

For real though, last year we needed reeves to be our best player. This year we don’t. He can eat now without pressure.

Yep. But those dudes play a series against each opponent - not a one and done tourney.

Reeves did his thing last year and that was all she wrote. The fact that he did it again against KU and UNC this year is concerning.

My brother in Erdtree, he was our leading scorer against Kansas. We lost that game because we had no answer for Dickerson or whatever the hell his name is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT