ADVERTISEMENT

Reed has to start.

I think he may be the MVP but I don’t think it’s imperative that he start. The energy and chemistry he and Dilly bring is awesome off the bench. If both units are playing well, it’ll be a knockout one two punch.

That being said he BETTER be in there finishing games, or I’m screaming at the TV.

Who cares? No player on the team gets 40 mins and hes getting more or as much than any other gaurd. Why is this such an obsession if he gets rest 3 minutes in vs at the start? Oh no, he didn't get to give high fives under dark lights.

He's always on the floor at the end...when it matters

I think it works better when they come in and it just throws more on a team to deal with.

He proves his worthiness every game. He is this team's MVP.
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
You know I used to think....it doesnt matter who starts...its about the minutes and who finishes but......come SEC and definitely tourny time not starting in a hole is a very big deal imo......

time will tell but I hope I'm wrong it is doesnt end up hurting the team.

Reed Seems happy and it’s working. No way we should sit Edwards right now because he needs to continue to build his confidence. He’s going to be very important to our success this season and Unless Justin asks to come off the bench, It wouldn’t be worth it as of right now. Now it’s a long season and we still have some things to work out so it may change, as of now, they’re playing some really good basketball and are coming together as a whole so no need to mess around with it in my opinion. Fantastic game tonight by all and everyone seems to be having a ball. Love this team guys, one of the funnest to watch in a long time. Since 15 I guess.

Just remember. When you come off the bench, you generally play the other teams 2nd unit.

Shep is going to be solid no matter who he plays. But when you watch the NBA, watch how much more efficient players become when they move to the 2nd unit. That's obviously exaggerated as NBA teams have clear stars and reserves. But if Shep starts that also means someone like Edwards gets the boost on the 2nd unit.

Just remember. When you come off the bench, you generally play the other teams 2nd unit.

Shep is going to be solid no matter who he plays. But when you watch the NBA, watch how much more efficient players become when they move to the 2nd unit. That's obviously exaggerated as NBA teams have clear stars and reserves. But if Shep starts that also means someone like Edwards gets the boost on the 2nd unit.
That’s actually an interesting thought. Him and Dilly coming off the bench is working so no need to change it.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
As long as Reed is getting 33+ minutes in games of consequence, whether he starts or not is not an issue.

Really, the team needs at least one of Dilly/Shep on the court at all the times. We are throwing points away otherwise

Starting doesn’t F’ing matter!!!!
Minutes matter! He’s 4th on the team in mpg. Could those stand to go up 4-5? Sure.
But all 4 of our guards are playing well, so to mess with the starting lineup and put that cohesiveness at risk is dangerously stupid.
Suppose going to the bench messes with Wagner or Reeves, and you then have just 2 or 3 of the guards playing well.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Or if you are willing to screw up a very good 4-headed monster at guard.
Would it be screwing up the “very good 4-headed monster” if a lineup change meant the four guards played even more?

The issue is not whether Reed should replace either Wagner or Reeves in the starting lineup, but instead Edwards (at least until he starts playing better). After all, this team’s best lineup has plainly been the three guard lineup when Reeves is at the three spot and Reed is also on the floor.

I hardly think it controversial to suggest that a team should start the lineup that has actually played the best throughout the season.

Last edited:
So you’re saying the other guards are so delicate they might crumble if they dont start, but it doesn’t matter who starts, got it.
Again, there’s no need for either of our starting guards to lose their starting spot. I think the real question is whether Edwards should continue to start above Reed, not Reeves or Wagner.

And there’s a simple way for Edwards to shut that talk down: start playing like the player he was hyped to be when that spot was basically automatically handed to him upon arrival.

Who cares? No player on the team gets 40 mins and hes getting more or as much than any other gaurd. Why is this such an obsession if he gets rest 3 minutes in vs at the start? Oh no, he didn't get to give high fives under dark lights.

He's always on the floor at the end...when it matters

I think it works better when they come in and it just throws more on a team to deal with.
Exactly. I just don't get these Reed should start posters. We are averaging over 90 a game and both Sheppard and Dillingham bring amazing energy off the bench making it very difficult for opposing teams. The rotation is working great right now and posters like this OP want to mess with it. Was 96 points tonight not enough for you? Sorry, but I just get tired of these guys who have to complain no matter what. Sheppard and Dillingham both played more than 20 minutes in a blowout and accounted for 28 points, 8 rebounds and 12 assists plus providing immediate high energy off the bench. I prefer keeping things as they are, it's working great.

Again, there’s no need for either of our starting guards to lose their starting spot. I think the real question is whether Edwards should continue to start above Reed, not Reeves or Wagner.

And there’s a simple way for Edwards to shut that talk down: start playing like the player he was hyped to be when that spot was basically automatically handed to him upon arrival.
I really don’t have a dog in the fight. I think Reed should start but I don’t care enough to have the discussion daily. What I find humorous is people like him saying it doesn’t matter who starts then crying stating it might upset the balance. Either it matters or it doesn’t but can’t have it both ways.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT