ADVERTISEMENT

Reece Phillips tweet

Glad to have him back and ready to go. Hope he can break off the rust over the summer drills and be ready to compete when camp gets here.

I found it hard to believe he'd be ready this fall after the injury, but I happened to see & speak with him after the Spring scrimmage & he said he'd be ready. Still found it hard to believe. Shows what I know.

BTW, his mom is hot.

Reactions: rye48 and vikingfer
I found it hard to believe he'd be ready this fall after the injury, but I happened to see & speak with him after the Spring scrimmage & he said he'd be ready. Still found it hard to believe. Shows what I know.

BTW, his mom is hot.

Seems only right to say pic or it never happened. You decide if the pic is him or his mom.

Hopefully we won't "need" him as some posters are saying, because if that's the case we might want to kiss the hope of a successful season goodbye

Now I would like to see he and Barker get a good number of snaps against EKU and Charlotte and whoever else we blowout, but if at any point in the season we "need" him as some are saying, we are going to be in for a whole lot of trouble. I like the kid, but anytime you go from an experienced QB who just happens to be one of the best QB's in the nation to Reese Phillips, there is going to be a MAJOR drop off for a team where the passing game plays a major role in the offense.

We saw what happened in the UT game last year when we "needed" him. He got one whiff of the pressure that Towles faced game-in and game-out last season, and he immediately threw a pick-six and looked really, really rattled and out of place.

It takes a MAN to play QB behind our offensive line, and that's what we've got right now. Let's hope he stays upright...our season depends on it.

Hopefully we won't "need" him as some posters are saying, because if that's the case we might want to kiss the hope of a successful season goodbye

Now I would like to see he and Barker get a good number of snaps against EKU and Charlotte and whoever else we blowout, but if at any point in the season we "need" him as some are saying, we are going to be in for a whole lot of trouble. I like the kid, but anytime you go from an experienced QB who just happens to be one of the best QB's in the nation to Reese Phillips, there is going to be a MAJOR drop off for a team where the passing game plays a major role in the offense.

We saw what happened in the UT game last year when we "needed" him. He got one whiff of the pressure that Towles faced game-in and game-out last season, and he immediately threw a pick-six and looked really, really rattled and out of place.

It takes a MAN to play QB behind our offensive line, and that's what we've got right now. Let's hope he stays upright...our season depends on it.
I understand what you are saying, while no one wants it to get to that point, I feel if it did then Reese would show up and surprise a lot of people in how smooth he is at what he does.

Having 3 viable options at QB is certainly better than having only two. Remember it has only been a few years ago that UK had to use a WR at QB against UT That Turned out well but is not a situation tat any coach wants.

I'm glad that Reese is working hard. Not suprised by it, but obviously to come back this quick from a complete rupture of the Achilles is impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT