ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

Bell still being Bell...worst mgr in baseball. Who in the hell sits a player who hits 2 homers the day before. Can't even get thru 2 games before lineup changes.

KKKKKKKKKKKKruz still awful.

Greene can't get out of the 5th as usual with 100 pitches.

Same old story.

I think Diaz is done. I don’t know if it’s injury or if he just doesn’t have confidence. But since mid season last year he’s not been the same pitcher.

Reactions: CalCat57
Bell still being Bell...worst mgr in baseball. Who in the hell sits a player who hits 2 homers the day before. Can't even get thru 2 games before lineup changes.

KKKKKKKKKKKKruz still awful.

Greene can't get out of the 5th as usual with 100 pitches.

Same old story.
Only took 1 game for him to get cute with the lineups again. Overmanaging at its finest.

Reactions: cole854
I think Diaz is done. I don’t know if it’s injury or if he just doesn’t have confidence. But since mid season last year he’s not been the same pitcher.
I almost understood the drop off last year because they pushed him out there far too much. 3-4 days in a row sometimes. But yesterday he was just off. I hope they have a backup option for closer. That could make or break this season. They should be 2-0.

That was just a brutal loss yesterday. Cannot believe Diaz cannot get more than one out in the 9th inning. Hope like heck Reds have another option. Even Barry Larkin said he hoped this was not a harbinger of things to come, but it sure looked a lot like the last half of the season to me.

EDLC is 2/7 - two bunt singles & 4 K's. So he's swung fully at the ball & made contact for an out or possible hit once in 5 AB's.

That was just a brutal loss yesterday. Cannot believe Diaz cannot get more than one out in the 9th inning. Hope like heck Reds have another option. Even Barry Larkin said he hoped this was not a harbinger of things to come, but it sure looked a lot like the last half of the season to me.
Have to wonder with his career still being relatively young is this more indicative of who he is or is their some underlying ligament damage that hasn't been found yet. Either way, he has to get back on track. Not sure they have a trusted guy other than Suter right now.

As brutal as the loss was on Saturday, yesterday was just as exciting and unexpected. Hell of a finish down 2, two outs and two strikes on the last batter, only to come back and win.

Every game the Reds play they continue to prove that they are the worst fundamental team in baseball. India gets a lead off triple, Steer hits a fly ball to center field, catcher has to jump up and come back down to make the tag. India doesn't even slide, he runs right into the tag. If he slides he's safe easily. Just baffling.

Reactions: barbourfor3
Yep that run is gonna cost ‘em - pathetic effort, India almost looked embarrassed, think he was surprised they sent him home. Shallow fly with no outs, why the hell do you send him?

Followed that up leaving guys on 2nd and 3rd, three runners in scoring position and shit to show for it

Reactions: CalCat57
Well past time to send KKKKKruz packing back to the minors to see if he can actually make contact. It should have happened last year when his inability to hit came to fruition and he has picked up where he left off. Golden Sombrero last night and he is nothing but a novelty act now. Yeah, he might hit a bomb today, and then K 3 more times while leaving a big hole in the lineup.

Reactions: vhcat70
^Temporarily short of INFers.

Infielders are a dime a dozen in the minors, and I am sure they will not K as much as he does. If you want to contend, you do not stick w/ a "prospect" as long as they have who you hope will pan out.

Batting Steer 7th has got to be the dumbest shit Bell does over and over. Get your best hitters at the top of the order and more ABs in the game. Steer's 3 hits would be far more productive to the Reds offense out of the 3 hole behind Benson who has been getting on base at a high clip.

Batting Steer 7th has got to be the dumbest shit Bell does over and over. Get your best hitters at the top of the order and more ABs in the game. Steer's 3 hits would be far more productive to the Reds offense out of the 3 hole behind Benson who has been getting on base at a high clip.

He's trying to cover KKKKKruz but it would take Ruth and Mantle to do that. If he's going to be in the lineup, then KKKKKruz needs to be hitting 9th. At least if he gets on base then he could possibly cause some stress w/ the top of the order coming up. He has no business in the middle of the order.

Reds face the Phillies in Philadelphia in the rubber game of the series and beat Zack Wheeler 4 to 1. Impressive.

Reactions: barbourfor3
He's trying to cover KKKKKruz but it would take Ruth and Mantle to do that. If he's going to be in the lineup, then KKKKKruz needs to be hitting 9th. At least if he gets on base then he could possibly cause some stress w/ the top of the order coming up. He has no business in the middle of the order.
Just in case it matters to you, EDLC now has an 11 game hitting streak.

OTOH, so far at least, I am not impressed at all with Candelario, thought his contract was ridiculous given his career stats, and at about .150, has not changed my opinion at all.

Finally, I love watching guys like Montas pitch. They throw strikes, the ball is in play, the game moves along, and he is very efficient, i.e., the exact opposite of Hunter Greene, who hopefully one day soon will complete 5 innings with < 100 pitches.

Reactions: dtjr
Just in case it matters to you, EDLC now has an 11 game hitting streak.

LOL....I know. Sadak mentions that often to cover up EDLC's terrible play. But it's actually 6 games as you don't combine "years", and if .250 with 12 K's in 24 AB's is worthy of praise, then so be it.

Got a rules question, which I did try to look up first. Last night India got hit by what was ball four. Q is: On ball four, if the batter is HBP, does that AB count as a BB, or is it a HBP?

I’ll gladly take a series win in Philly, they usually wear even good Reds teams out up there.

Infielders are a dime a dozen in the minors, and I am sure they will not K as much as he does. If you want to contend, you do not stick w/ a "prospect" as long as they have who you hope will pan out.
Another year, and still bitchin' about EDLC with every post.

He's on an 11 game hitting streak going back to last year by the way. ripped an RBI double last night.

LOL....I know. Sadak mentions that often to cover up EDLC's terrible play. But it's actually 6 games as you don't combine "years", and if .250 with 12 K's in 24 AB's is worthy of praise, then so be it.
What rule says you can't combine years for stats. How many consecutive games did Cal Ripken play? I'm sure it was more than 162.

What rule says you can't combine years for stats. How many consecutive games did Cal Ripken play? I'm sure it was more than 162.

Relax...there isn't a rule, and heaven forbid we take away the slightest accomplishment that K man is experiencing.

Relax...there isn't a rule, and heaven forbid we take away the slightest accomplishment that K man is experiencing.
Heaven forbid we let the kid work through his issues at the MLB level instead of mashing up minor league pitching.

Neither was Votto the first couple of years he played it. He's still learning the position.
That is true, never mistaken Votto for a great 1B coming up. I can see CES in the future becoming a DH especially when the younger infielders like Stewart, Collier, Cabrera, Jorge, Arroyo whichever of this current crop of new guys stick in the Reds organization.

Got a rules question, which I did try to look up first. Last night India got hit by what was ball four. Q is: On ball four, if the batter is HBP, does that AB count as a BB, or is it a HBP?
When the batter gets hit by the pitch, the ball is dead at that point. So the call is HBP.

Reactions: Tskware
Heaven forbid we let the kid work through his issues at the MLB level instead of mashing up minor league pitching.

You don't work thru issues at this level and waste a spot in the lineup if you are pretending to be a contender.

*unless you have the ignorance of David Bell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT