ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Sweepstakes

Disappointed Cat

Sophomore
Dec 9, 2020
It does not matter how many 5 stars you have on the team if the coach does not have a viable game plan and winning strategy. Use of silly slogans (the gold standard) emphasizing draft picks, player vertical, wingspan, length, etc. is a loser's strategy. We have all seen this nightmare scenario play out before our own eyes for far too many years. Beat up on a few JV teams to excite the fan base and then get taken to the woodshed by inferior teams that are disciplined and well coached. P. S. don't look for things to change anytime soon....we are off to the same start this year.

I agree to some extent, but I was pretty excited at our chances last year before the injury bug hit. That being said, it's sad that we need such an over-abundance of talent to make up for the fact that Cal has NO FREAKING CLUE what to do in end game close-score situations. I mean, he really looks like a flamingo f#ucking a football out there.

I’m as disappointed as anyone with the loss to MSU. I thought this year’s squad might be the best since 2015 – AND I still tend to think that might be true. Regardless, unless UK gets multiple good returning players next season (which I think is possible), or perhaps some high level transfer help, I won’t be expecting any chance at a championship possibility next season.

I’m as disappointed as anyone with the loss to MSU. I thought this year’s squad might be the best since 2015 – AND I still tend to think that might be true. Regardless, unless UK gets multiple good returning players next season (which I think is possible), or perhaps some high level transfer help, I won’t be expecting any chance at a championship possibility next season.
Enough good players is simply not the problem...it is the elephant in the room!!

Enough good players is simply not the problem...it is the elephant in the room!!
I get the "Calipari is the problem" argument, and I agree that UK has enough good players right now. Not so sure I would agree with that in past years: High-ranking freshmen with a lot of talent (i.e., potential upside) and projected high draft position on mock drafts - YES; good enough college players collectively at the time - NO.

If I had been coaching, Wallace would have hit both FFs near the end of regulation. Still can’t believe Cal allowed that happen.
Then get off that beach (and whatever else your Avatar suggests you might have been on) and back on the bench. We need those darn FTs.

If I had been coaching, Wallace would have hit both FFs near the end of regulation. Still can’t believe Cal allowed that happen.
Well...
1. You'd been up 15 pts and not needed to hit all your FTs to win.
2. YOu'd have run some pace to not allow MSU to put you in a rock fight game and control pace.
3. You'd probably not have stupidly pushed up on MSU inbound play up 2 and gotten tricked by inbound on baselilne and then giving up a 3 on 2 for a wide open dunk to tie the game
4. YOu'd probably have some sets to get your shooters open like Hauser got and help them get off.
5. YOu'd probably not dribble out the clock and shoot up contested shots so many times thru a game.

So while we can talk FT all day long...and that is on players. But to be in that position vs. a 2 man MSU team was simply silly coaching.

Cal's recruiting wins are similar to a diabetic winning 1,000 lbs of candy...doesn't know what to do with it...

oNXuoYu.png

Reactions: Disappointed Cat
Never mind the fact, it was Cal’s lack of coaching and preparedness that put Wallace in that position in the first place!

Keep deflecting and defending though.

LOL that you honestly believe that our HOF coach, with his 40 years experience, can’t coach and didn’t prepare.

Y’all are an endless source of entertainment. I’ll give you that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT